Is the Red Wine Audio Signature 15 good for ALR-Jordan speaker?

ok102006

The speaker is for PC usage in a small room, listening in the near field with occasional gaming and watching movie.

The German ALR-Jordan Entry S is preferred as it is very small to be placed on the desktop (H8.5 inch).  It is 8 Ohm with 87dB sensitivity (2.83V/m).
Another choice would be the ALR-Jordan Entry M, which is 6 Ohm with 90dB sensitivity (2.83V/m).

Will I have good results matching them with the RWA 15?
Thanks!

Alwayswantmore

The speaker is for PC usage in a small room, listening in the near field with occasional gaming and watching movie.

The German ALR-Jordan Entry S is preferred as it is very small to be placed on the desktop (H8.5 inch).  It is 8 Ohm with 87dB sensitivity (2.83V/m).
Another choice would be the ALR-Jordan Entry M, which is 6 Ohm with 90dB sensitivity (2.83V/m).

Will I have good results matching them with the RWA 15?
Thanks!
My speakers are 93 db sensitivity / 8 ohms. Nearfield in a fairly small room. Sig 15, and the max volume is more than I can take for more than a moment. The Entry M, at 6 ohms, means the Sig 15 puts out additional power, so likely even at 90db they would play at levels similar to mine.

Kent

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Hi ok102006,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA Forum!

I agree with Kent, and given that you are using them on the desktop (meaning, you will be quite close to the speakers), the Entry M sounds like a really good match for the Signature 15.  :thumb:

Best regards,

Vinnie

ok102006

I see, thanks for all the feedback!  Should Signature 15 is under-power, I could always upgrade to another more powerful amplifier from RWA right?   :lol:

ok102006

After lots of research on the internet...

ALR-Jordan Entry S is 8 Ohm with 87dB sensitivity (1W @ 1M).
ALR-Jordan Entry M is: 90 - 10 * log10 (6 / 8) = 88.75dB sensitivity (8 Ohm, 1W @ 1M).
So Entry M is better suited for the Signature 15!

With Entry M speaker at 1M distance, I could get a sound pressure level (SPL) of 97.5dB using Signature 15 (I use the calculator from Crown which includes 3dB as amplifier headroom).  Although I would like a SPL of 105db (usually for AV system or orchestral climax), 97.5dB should be okay for now, I need to add a sub-woofer anyways.

Anyone knows if the Signature 15 has thermal protection or over-current protection?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Hi ok102006,

Yes, the Signature 15 has over-current and thermal protection - but it is not as bullet-proof as the Liliana Monoblocks.  :weights:

The Entry M sounds like a good choice for near-field!

Keep us posted!

Vinnie 

JeffV

I use a pair of John Blue Audio Art JB3s as nearfield monitors - 87 dB sensitivity and 6 ohms.  The Sig 15 is plenty powerful enough for them.

ok102006

Can't find a place to audit ALR-Jordan speakers (can order on-line though), but thanks to JeffV, I will go and audit some speakers with lower sensitivity: JMR BLISS SILVER and ProAc Tablette Anniversary next week.

JeanMarie Reynaud BLISS SILVER - France - 89 dB/W/M - 4 Ohm
ProAc Tablette Anniversary - UK - 86.5 dB/W/M - 8 Ohm

Another good choice is Tekton Lore (98 dB/W/M - 8 Ohm), but floor-standing speaker is too big for my room.
Tekton Lore-S is manufactured in the USA, but I am not sure the Lore.  Lore probably is the best floor-standing speaker below USD$1000.