Signature 15 Power amp ?

SteveParsons

Signature 15 Power amp ?
« on: 7 Jan 2012, 01:02 pm »
Hi,

Who's interested in lobbying Vinnie for a power amp version of the Signature 15 ?  I'm interested for one.  With my high efficiency speakers I am very tempted to run my Isabella into the Sig 15.

Cheers,

Steve

radarnyc

Re: Signature 15 Power amp ?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2012, 01:33 pm »
While I don't have a need for something like this now, I would be curious to see what the market demanded. I wonder, though, would the market want a stereo15 or mono15s. I don't think that mono15s would compete against the sig30.x since people buying power amps have their own ideas about pre-amps.

On the other side of the house, is someone like me that likes the simplicity (topology and form factor) on an integrated amp.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm »
Hi Steve,

If there is enough interest, we can offer a Signature 15 power amp.

This would have a new front panel (just the power switch) and rear panel - and
there would be no volume control or input select switch.  So the price would be
reduced a couple hundred bucks.

With a great preamp like the Isabella - this would sound outstanding!

Thanks for your post!

Vinnie

trackball02

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2012, 03:00 am »
I'm interested in a Signature 15 power amp, since I already have a preamp.

By the way, anyone have experience with this amp running Zu Soul Superflys?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm »
Hi Trackball02,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are definitely coming out with Signature 15 Power Amp version ($1350) -

we are also looking into different faceplate materials (acrylic, acrylic with wood veneer - laser
etched) - so hopefully soon we'll have some exciting front panel options for our Signature 15 Integrated and Power Amp.  It's a really hot items for us and we want to offer some customization for our customers...

More soon...

Vinnie

modaudio

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2012, 04:17 pm »
any plans on a class AB/A between Liliana and Sig 15?

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2012, 04:16 am »
I'm anxiously waiting for the Sig 15 power amp.  I have no doubt it will be a valued addition to my other amp, a 45 tube amp, which is sublime, but with my speakers not quite enough power for some recordings/occasions.  Looking forward to compare the Sig 15 which I expect won't have quite the nuance and inner detail of the 45, but from what I've read, it will be close, plus i owned a Sig 30 and it was equal to the 300B amps i had at the time.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2012, 03:23 pm »
any plans on a class AB/A between Liliana and Sig 15?

Yes  :shh:

I'm anxiously waiting for the Sig 15 power amp.  I have no doubt it will be a valued addition to my other amp, a 45 tube amp, which is sublime, but with my speakers not quite enough power for some recordings/occasions.  Looking forward to compare the Sig 15 which I expect won't have quite the nuance and inner detail of the 45, but from what I've read, it will be close, plus i owned a Sig 30 and it was equal to the 300B amps i had at the time.
Posted on: 12 Apr 2012, 04:17 PM

They are READY!   :singing:   :hyper:   :dance:

I need to add them to our website, and I've been so insanely busy.  But in the meantime, the Sig 15 Power amp is $1300 (+ shipping).  Ready to ship!!!

Thanks for all your patience and support!

Vinnie

mrarroyo

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2012, 10:40 am »
Vinnie, any news on the power amp? I mean pics and details have not been added to your site. Lastly, can a current 30.2 LFP-V be exchange for one or two :?

Thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2012, 09:07 pm »
Hi mrarroyo,

The Sig 15 power amp is shipping.  It looks like the Sig 15, but no volume control and no input select on the front.  It is $1300.

We cannot accept any trade-ins for the Signature 15 Integrated or Power Amp - I'm sorry I can't do it.  But the Signature 15 can be used to trade up to other RWA products in the future...

All the best,

Vinnie

mrarroyo

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:31 am »
Ok Vinnie, btw I sent you an email response on the 30.2 power amp. Thanks.

LA mitchell

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2012, 04:24 am »
Can the Sig 15 (integrated) be used as a power amp by just hooking a preamp to it?

(Sorry if this was asked already, I searched and couldn't find answer)

JeffV

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2012, 02:35 pm »
Short answer:  Yes.  I have a preamp hooked into my Sig 15, and it works fine.

Long answer:  Vinnie knows more about the ins and outs of the electronics, so I defer to whatever he has to say in the matter.

After some experimenting, I find it best to turn the volume (nearly) all the way up on the preamp and then adjust the Sig 15 to reach the desired output level.  Others do the opposite.  Experiment and see what works best for you.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2012, 08:10 pm »
Short answer:  Yes.  I have a preamp hooked into my Sig 15, and it works fine.

Long answer:  Vinnie knows more about the ins and outs of the electronics, so I defer to whatever he has to say in the matter.

After some experimenting, I find it best to turn the volume (nearly) all the way up on the preamp and then adjust the Sig 15 to reach the desired output level.  Others do the opposite.  Experiment and see what works best for you.

Hi JeffV,

Thanks for your response.

LAmitchell - ideally, if you are using a preamp you want to have the Sig 15 converted to a power amp (no volume control or input select switch in the signal path).  This will give you the cleanest signal path from preamp to the Sig 15 tube stage, and your preamp would see a higher input impedance.

However - you can still use a preamp connected to the Sig 15 Integrated.  I would start with the Sig 15 volume set to MAX and then use the preamp volume control.  If you have too much gain (the preamp volume control gets the music loud too early on the volume control), then reduce the volume setting on the Sig 15 until you have a nice, usable range of control on your preamp, and the least amount of noise and distortion from your preamp.  There is no magic setting - you just have to play with it and you'll find what works best for you.

Yes - you can do what JeffV does (set the preamp to a fixed volume, and adjust the volume via the Sig 15).  That also works, but I prefer to do it the way I mentioned above, but JeffV is not wrong for doing this.  The best way is the way that sounds best to you.  Wink2

Good question, BTW!

Vinnie