LIO Isolation

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
LIO Isolation
« on: 11 Jun 2016, 02:54 pm »
This is what I'm using; what are you using?

LIO > DiD's > Granite > Herbie's Grungebuster Dots > Shelf

DiD's http://www.daedalusaudio.com/DiD.html

Grungebuster Dots http://herbiesaudiolab.net/gb.htm

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: LIO Isolation
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:09 pm »
Wow, I gotta say... DHT preamp, silver autoformers... welcome to the dark side.  :icon_twisted:   Soon you'll be auditioning cables.  :lol:

I heard the DiD demo and they seem like great products.  :thumb:

I haven't tried a ton of stuff for isolation but am interested in trying out the star sound platforms after a couple folks I know really liked them...

http://www.starsoundaudio.com/soundWorks.php

Currently using Herbie's iso cups / balls, some of which I acquired from one of the folks who went with the star sound products. The Herbie's cups with supersonic hardballs do work nicely with my tube gear!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:16 pm »
Wow, I gotta say... DHT preamp, silver autoformers... welcome to the dark side.  :icon_twisted:   Soon you'll be auditioning cables.  :lol:

I heard the DiD demo and they seem like great products.  :thumb:

I haven't tried a ton of stuff for isolation but am interested in trying out the star sound platforms after a couple folks I know really liked them...

http://www.starsoundaudio.com/soundWorks.php

Currently using Herbie's iso cups / balls, some of which I acquired from one of the folks who went with the star sound products. The Herbie's cups with supersonic hardballs do work nicely with my tube gear!

Funny that you should mention Sistrum...my LIO icurrently sits on an SP-4 rack with Herbie's Tenderfeet under the LIO.

I will be trying some DiD's and see how they work.

BTW, I also have my amps (Atsah NC 1200's) each sitting on a Sistrum platform.

George

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2016, 04:13 am »
Good thread to start - especially for DHT PRE owners (DHT in the linestage = microphonics).

So far, I haven't used any isolation products with LIO DHT PRE.  I'm sure they can only help and I'll be looking
into a few and will eventually report my findings.  I want to try Herbies Tenderfoot in place of the stock
LIO feet at some point, and even their tube dampers for DHTs.  And there are certainly others...

I will say this - microphonics shouldn't be a problem * while listening *.  Of course if you are tapping on your shelf, your
LIO, and (worst case) the tubes - and have the volume turned up, you WILL hear the microphonics in the system and this
is NORMAL.

Vinnie

Timbana

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2016, 02:09 am »
I'm using the following for isolation and am happy with the results:

Component stand: HHG Stands - solid hardwood construction with granite shelves that float on "Big Fat Dots" from Herbie's Audio Lab

Isolation Platform: Gregitek Stab 1 - solid wood platform with integral vibration damping disk, suspended on trapped ball footers

LIO Chassis: Herbie's Audio Lab dB Neutralizer sheets bonded to underside of LIO

Here's a link with some info on the Stab 1: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gregitek/gregitek.html

« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2016, 04:47 pm by Timbana »

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2016, 02:26 am »
I'm using the following for isolation and am happy with the results:

Component stand: Solid hardwood construction with granite shelves that float on "Big Fat Dots" from Herbie's Audio Lab

Isolation Platform: Gregitek Stab 1 - solid wood platform with integral vibration damping disk, suspended on trapped ball footers

LIO Chassis: Herbie's Audio Lab dB Neutralizer sheets bonded to underside of LIO

Here's a link with some info on the Stab 1: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gregitek/gregitek.html

Very nice. Andy's HHG Stands (I have 5 of them)?

Timbana

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2016, 02:56 am »
Very nice. Andy's HHG Stands (I have 5 of them)?

Yes, it's one of Andy's. He's a local craftsman and, in addition to my stand, he built some solid birdseye maple (stained red) speaker platforms for me (see below). Andy (HHG) does top-notch work at a reasonable price.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2016, 01:18 pm »
Hi Timbana,

Very nice pics - thanks for sharing!

Vinnie

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2016, 03:30 pm »
Funny that you should mention Sistrum...my LIO icurrently sits on an SP-4 rack with Herbie's Tenderfeet under the LIO.

I will be trying some DiD's and see how they work.

BTW, I also have my amps (Atsah NC 1200's) each sitting on a Sistrum platform.

George

Below is mine.

The LIO DHT sits on 3 Daedalus DiD's, which sit on a 4" maple block, which sits on a Sistrum platform.

The LIO DHT PS sits on 4 Herbie's Tenderfoot, which sit on a 4" maple block, which sits on a Sistrum platform.

George

Vinnie R.

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2016, 03:34 pm »
Below is mine.

The LIO DHT sits on 3 Daedalus DiD's, which sit on a 4" maple block, which sits on a Sistrum platform.

The LIO DHT PS sits on 4 Herbie's Tenderfoot, which sit on a 4" maple block, which sits on a Sistrum platform.

George

Hi George - looks good!  Maybe Lou can anodize the DiD's black in the future?

Vinnie

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2016, 03:36 pm »
Hi George - looks good!  Maybe Lou can anodize the DiD's black in the future?

Vinnie

I wish he would.

In a different thread he said he didn't have any plans to.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2016, 05:13 pm »
I wish he would.

In a different thread he said he didn't have any plans to.

George
Mine are.