OK, I ordered the Mesh Re-Clocker......I've got a few questions......

Cut-Throat

1.) How long is the supplied power cable?.....This is the 'Wall Wart" PSU, Correct?

2.) Would the Re-clock device benefit from a linear PS?....The 6 moons Review claimed the Wall Wart made a 'Whine'.

3.) Not sure if you are familiar with Soundchecks toolbox kit for Squeezebox Touch....But, would this re-clock device negate the need for Squeezebox Mods?

audioengr

1.) How long is the supplied power cable?.....This is the 'Wall Wart" PSU, Correct?

6-foot wall-wart.  It's a good one.

2.) Would the Re-clock device benefit from a linear PS?....The 6 moons Review claimed the Wall Wart made a 'Whine'.

They may have had a bad one.  Never said anything to me.  It is running on 240V in Australia.

3.) Not sure if you are familiar with Soundchecks toolbox kit for Squeezebox Touch....But, would this re-clock device negate the need for Squeezebox Mods?

Yes, negates the need for mods or expensive cables.

A wall-wart upgrade possibility is a LI battery supply like my Monolith or a Paul Hynes Design supply.

Very few customers are upgrading the PS.  Does not need it.

Steve N.

firedog

Steve's wall warts are not the usual cheapie ones made for a few bucks in China.  They are well made, switch very fast,  and the noise they do make is high frequency (above audible range) - not the kind of switching noise that most wall warts make and pollute your system with. On my Pace Car, I've compared the wall wart to an SLA battery and don't hear a difference.

Cut-Throat

So, the Specs on my EE Minimax Dac are as follows. It says the sampling rate is 32 bit, so what would I set the re-clocker switch at 16 bit or 24 bit or ????

Frequency Response : 15Hz – 32KHz
Sampling rates : 32bit 32KHz 44.1KHz 48KHz 192KHz (except USB)
Dynamic Range : 129dB
Digital Input Impedance : 75 ohm
Output Impedance : Tube 22K
Solid State 10K
Output Voltage : Tube 3V +- 0.5dB
Solid State 2.5V +-0.5dB
S/N ratio : Tube 90dB
Solid Sate 95dB
THD : 0.5%(Tube) 0.02%(Solid State)
Dynamic Range : 129dB
Power Consumption : 12W
Main Voltage : 120V, 230V, 240V switchable
G.W. : 4.3kgs
N.W. : 3kgs

audioengr

So, the Specs on my EE Minimax Dac are as follows. It says the sampling rate is 32 bit, so what would I set the re-clocker switch at 16 bit or 24 bit or ????

You never can tell which will sound better. I recommend to try both.  Might be surprised.

Steve N.

mtruong34

I'm using Touch to SM to Metrum Octave.  Per Steve's advice, I tried both.  Surprisingly, the 16 bit setting sounded a bit more relaxed and smoother, which is my preference.  Any other Octave owners get similar findings?