VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #200 on: 21 Aug 2014, 01:28 am »
PRICE DROP...!!!   $240...!!!

SOME ONE GET THESE!

VMPs 626R Bookshelf Speakers - (East Stockton, CA)  $300   :o

http://stockton.craigslist.org/ele/4612058964.html

"They are in rough shape.  Reason for low price, if in good condition, would be $1300.  All driver's work,
they do sound good.  With a extra set of tweeters. Very heavy no shipping local only"

Stimpy

« Reply #201 on: 23 Aug 2014, 01:10 am »
VMPS Passive Subwoofer "Larger Subwoofer" - (Broomfield, Colorado)  $438.90 BIN   :scratch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321499340843

"The Music Room is the Nation's premier seller of carefully selected, pre-owned audio equipment. We have daily phone support at 720-33-MUSIC, and we are always paying cash for quality used gear. Trade offers are carefully considered. Contact us to find out how easy it can be to get a quick, fair, cash price for your gently used gear. Click to get a quote for your gear now. Logistics is our specialty... we can facilitate packaging & shipping from anywhere in the country.

Offered today by The Music Room: One "Larger Subwoofer" by VMPS. The description of this subwoofer from the catalog says: 15" and 12" with 15" passive radiator. 17Hz - 250Hz. 95db, 300 watt RMS, 8.25 cu. ft. 39" x 21.5" x 17.

This thing sounds incredible. Deep thunderous bass at any volume you desire. In the right setup this is capable of pressurizing your room - the kind of bass that you can feel deep in your chest. Incredible! Now the trade-off is... it's huge! If you're trying to put a smile on your wife's face... this is not the subwoofer for you. That's what flowers are for! This would be great in a dedicated home theater system where a passive subwoofer can be integrated.

Functional Notes: Operational condition of this item is excellent… fully tested and no issues found. Sound quality and performance are outstanding. Every item we offer for sale undergoes a thorough listening session and review of all functions. Buy with confidence.

Shipping: Shipping within the Continental USA is approximately $199. This includes securing to a pallet with adequate protection and shipping via FedEx freight to a business address. Residential delivery will require an additional charge.

Cosmetic condition - Overall condition is very good. The top of the cabinet shows some wear - the wood is a little dry / aged. There is some wear around the very bottom wood trim. No holes or stains in the cloth. Drivers are perfect. Very attractive overall. Please view all of our high-resolution photos for full details of the cosmetic condition as well as exactly what is included. If something is not clear, please inquire with us prior to purchase.

This item is backed by The Music Room's 5 Star Guarantee!! **"

Stimpy

« Reply #202 on: 23 Aug 2014, 01:10 pm »
REPOST

VMPS Ribbon Monitor One - (Redford Twp, MI.) $700

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/4581744605.html

Not mine, and too far for me to pick-up, so I though that I'd post this ad here.  Just trying to look out for VMPS fans!!! :D
Look's like a good deal, considering their condition.  I also might periodically add additional ad's, as I find them. 

VMPS Ribbon Monitor One - $700 (Redford Twp.)

RM-1's  $700.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/4239348711.html

"Listing my Beloved VMPS RM-1 speakers for sale. These are in Light Oak finish and are a easy 9/10 condition. They were manufactured in 2003.

The Serial numbers are 11654 / 11655 respectively.

I upgraded thru Brian the Graphite woofers to the Woven Carbon Fiber ( Mega ) 4 woofers at a cost of over $400.00 with shipping, and were well worth it! These also have the Wave Guides on the mid panel and tweeter.

These are Audiophile grade loudspeakers that don't come around to often for good reason.

Price reduced on 11/12/13 from $900.00"

Stimpy

« Reply #203 on: 23 Aug 2014, 01:13 pm »
REPOST - AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE!

12 inch VMPS Bass Subwoofer Speaker - (Clear Lake, MN)  $295

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/ele/4563620313.html

12 inch VMPS Bass Subwoofer Speaker - $295 (Clear Lake, MN)

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/ele/4187398811.html

"This is a 12" diameter in-home non-powered subwoofer with a 12" active radiator in front and a 12" passive radiator in bottom. VMPS calls it their "Smaller Subwoofer." It measures 16" wide, 16" deep and 27" tall with a nice walnut top.

VMPS has been known for making outstanding sub woofers and speakers for nearly 3 decades. The subwoofer is rated at 8 ohms and the frequency range is 28-150Hz.

This unit will take just about all the power you can throw at it (up to 250 watts rms) and the bass really "rocks the house." "

Stimpy

« Reply #204 on: 23 Aug 2014, 01:21 pm »
VMPS Tower IIR Large Format floorstanders - (Melbourne, FL)  $500.00

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Speakers-Floor-Standing/VMPS/Tower-IIR/Large-Format-floorstanders/115545

"Tower IIR speakers, dual 12" woofers. All woofers and passive radiators were replaced 3-4 years ago. Bought in 1989, but good condition considering their age. New crossovers come with the speakers. Bought from Brian at VMPS before he passed away, but never got around to installing them. They are heavy, so would prefer a local cash sale. Will drive up to 2 hours to meet up"

Stimpy

« Reply #205 on: 23 Aug 2014, 01:26 pm »
VMPS Reference Monitor's RM-1 - (San Juan Capistrano, CA)  $600.00

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649136680-vmps-reference-monitors-rm1-wribbon-midrange-and-super-tweeters-wmegawoofer-option/

"Having just recently attended the home electronics show a few months back and with access to all the audiophile brands in one place, I visited every major planar, electrostatic and ribbon speaker manufacturers rooms for the sole purpose of trying to find a pair of speakers that could outperform these VMPS RM-1 speakers at any price. I listened without bias to them all and was disappointed that I couldn't find anything priced anywhere near my asking price, not even headphones. My conclusions were that if I or you wanted to buy something better I/you would have to fork over between five to ten thousand dollars but even then what I would get might still be inferior. The imaging, sound stage, bass (deepest I've ever heard without a sub) and especially mid-bass and mid-range is unmatched by any of the speakers I heard over that three day weekend and have heard since and that is not a lie. I heard the new Magnepan's, ML's, King Sound, Sanders, Legacy and several more but honestly nothing was able to embody what these speakers do without the use of an active subwoofer which I am against when it comes to high end.

These speakers are in a class by themselves and were engineered to excel at all levels, low late night listening and moderate to high levels too (like live) yet maintain their sound at moderate to high levels without distorting or losing bass. These are one of the very few audiophile speakers that I heard that could be turned up to a respectable level and still keep it together, albeit they require and thrive on lots of good clean power, 450 watts each at 4 Ohms. They were designed to perfection, after all live music is played at a level most people never play in their homes but just knowing you could if you wanted to is a big deal to me. Especially on the days I spend at home by myself with nobody to be bothered by my music choices or volume level preferences. Sadly I am moving in to a home that won't be able to offer me a large listening room, a luxury I will have to learn to live without so these will have to go.

These are and have been maintained in excellent condition both cosmetically as well as functionally. They sound insanely good, I'm talking jaw dropping good with bass that grabs you by the poo poo, highs that are clear, clean and crisp without being shrill. Powerful mind blowing mid-range that is just to die for sounding like it's coming right off the mic and directly in to your listening area is the best way I can describe it. The sound quality is attained by employing a high power 7" Push/Pull, High Impedance, unobstructed transformer-less 500 Hz Ribbon Mid-range panel, known in VMPS circles as the X7. Ingenious design shrinks the SRE panels to a size and cost suitable for 10" and 12" three way speaker designs. The Spiral Ribbon Super Tweeters handle the 5 kHz-30 kHz range while two front firing woven (CF) carbon fiber woofers and slot loaded down firing horn loaded passive radiators supply bass well in to the first octave (32 Hz @ -3db). Originally $2,000 with the Mega-woofer Option. The speakers weigh 85 lbs each so that said, packed for shipping I would estimate a weight of approximately 220 lbs or more for the pair. Because of the size and weight I would have to insist on a local sale. Packing speakers like these for shipping would be a pain I don't need and my back isn't what it used to be.

I have them set up in my main system with a pair of Magnepan's right next to them for comparison so that if you're local or near Dana Point California you're welcome to come see, touch and hear them. I may even be willing to negotiate a little as they are large and I can use the space they occupy for something with a smaller footprint. I have several sources from high end transports, cd players and high end tweaked out DAC's and turntables too so we can fully test them to your satisfaction before you commit to them.

These speakers are no longer produced sadly, as an untimely death of the designer and manufacturer Brian Cheney caused production to cease and the Northern California based company to close. I read that a limited amount of parts are available from Brian Cheney's estate including but not limited to speaker drivers, tweeters and ribbon panels as well as crossover parts. If you type VMPS RM-1 in to google you can find the post on the first page. If you're a fan of VMPS or any other Ribbons these have to be heard to be appreciated but beware once you hear them and feel what they can do you'll have a new reference. Thanks for looking"

Stimpy

« Reply #206 on: 25 Aug 2014, 11:04 pm »
REPOST

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp -  (W Falmouth, Maine)  $525

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/4603162887.html

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp - $600 (Falmouth, Maine)

Price Drop 03/01/2014:

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp - $565 (falmouth)

Price Drop 03/09/2014:

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/4329211153.html

"The VMPS tall boy sub woofer is in excellent condition, it has a front facing 12" polypropylene woofer (active), 15" front facing ppl (active) woofer, slot loaded and mass loaded 15" passive radiator (woofer) in an 8.25 ft3 160 lb oak enclosure. Need I say more? but there is more, also included is a Dayton SA 1000 sub amp with equalizer and crossover (1000 watts), the amp is brand new probably not even broken in yet. Yet there is even more I have the original owners manual for the sub and the amp as well. NASA's Langley research center uses two VMPS subs (yes I have two also, I am willing to sell the second one as well if interested) as a source of 120db sustained tone bursts. The enclosure top (oak) has been refinished and the passive woofer (15") has been refoamed, the other drivers are in good condition, definitely goes down to 20hz. they claim 17 hz. I also have the original dampening putty on the passive sub ready to fine tune to your room. A great deal and an amazing sub WOOFER!! Tight bass, very deep as well as fast, a great combination. I have been using the sub in a two channel system but it would be absolutely amazing in a surround system. PS I will consider selling without the sub amp if you want just the sub. "

Stimpy

« Reply #207 on: 3 Sep 2014, 12:24 am »
2 VMPS Sub woofers -  (Towson, MD)  $500

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/4647853655.html

"I have 2 VMPS Sub woofers for sale. They are high end equipment and are in good shape. I will sell 1 for $300.00 or both for $500.00
I can also meet in the York PA area as well as Baltimore area"

Stimpy

« Reply #208 on: 3 Sep 2014, 12:30 am »
VMPS 626 Speakers  -  (Brighton, Colorad)  $700 OB/$1000 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321508888902

"Set of 3 VMPS 626 speakers for sale. (Left, Right, Center).  These are the original model and thus these speakers do not have the ribbon tweeter.

Grills included.  The center speaker has a finish flaw on the bottom but otherwise they are in great shape.

GREAT speakers.

They will ship separately due to weight.  Shipping will be on the expensive side but will be what I paid"

Stimpy

« Reply #209 on: 3 Sep 2014, 12:35 am »
Rare VMPS RM2 front channel hybrid ribbon speakers  -  (Seattle, Washington)  $500 OB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-VMPS-RM2-front-channel-hybrid-ribbon-speakers-/331308659568?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4d2388f370

"For sale… rare out-of-production pair of high end speakers from Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers (VMPS). VMPS, was a loudspeaker manufacture founded in 1977 by speaker designer Brian Cheney. Many VMPS speakers received exceptional reviews from audio critics, such as the RM40, which was awarded Best of CES in the High-End Audio category in 2002.[1] VMPS was in operation for over 35 years, from January 1977 to December 2012, when it closed soon after the death of company owner Brian Cheney on December 7, 2012. The RM2 speakers for sale here are really a spectacular speaker for audiophiles. I used it as the front speakers for a home video system but enjoyed them equally for listening to music ranging from classical to rock. These speakers can be tuned to your specific listening environment. Once tuned, the sound stage is only raveled by speakers 2 or 3 times their price. Slight blemish on one speaker cover and one broken cover tab but does cover attaches without problem. Specifications for the RM2:

Type: 3-way, slot-loaded, passive radiator-box
Tweeter: dual spiral ribbons
Midrange: dual 7-inch neodymium ribbons
Woofer: 12-inch woven carbon fiber cone, 12-inch passive radiator, variable damping
Crossover: 167Hz and 6kHz, 6 and 12dB
Nominal impedance: 4 Ohms/3.2 Ohms mm.
Sensitivity: 92dB/2.83 volts at I meter
Frequency response: 22-30,00OHz +/- 3dB
Termination: single wiring or bi-amp, switchable
Dimensions: 45 by 15 by 16 inches (HxWxD)
Weight: 130 pounds
Cabinet: I -inch MDF with I -inch oak outer shell

Here are some reviews:

http://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Speakers/VMPS/Ribbon-Monitor-Two/speakers/20789.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/216792-vmps-rm2.html

http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/r-listRM2.htm

These speakers are large and heavy. They will be professionally packaged at the cost of about $100 plus actual shipping costs"

/mp

« Reply #210 on: 3 Sep 2014, 05:02 am »
Rare VMPS RM2 front channel hybrid ribbon speakers  -  (Seattle, Washington)  $500 OB

Seems particularly reasonable. Another pair of RM2 (see p.5) was asking $1100.

PMAT

« Reply #211 on: 3 Sep 2014, 05:30 am »
Particularly reasonable???
That's the best $500 you could spend in audio. Assuming you want speakers. Those will embarrass most speakers curr available for under $3000. Better bass than all of them.

/mp

« Reply #212 on: 3 Sep 2014, 06:59 am »
You got an emoticon for understatement?

Yes, I could. Sadly, shipping these east would cost more than the speakers.

DFaulds

« Reply #213 on: 3 Sep 2014, 12:27 pm »
It's an auction, so it could end up quite a bit higher than $500 although I wouldn't expect that.  Large floor standing speakers are pretty hard to sell these days unless they're a cult favorite or an extremely high end brand.

Stimpy

« Reply #214 on: 3 Sep 2014, 04:02 pm »
The original owner, of these 626R's, had to drop the price to $100 Bucks, before they sold...!!!  So, the RM-2's may end up being a bargain as well.  Awesome for the buyer, but sad that they'd go that cheap!  Wish that they were on my coast!

SOME ONE GET THESE!

VMPs 626R Bookshelf Speakers - (East Stockton, CA)  $300   :o

http://stockton.craigslist.org/ele/4612058964.html

"They are in rough shape.  Reason for low price, if in good condition, would be $1300.  All driver's work,
they do sound good.  With a extra set of tweeters. Very heavy no shipping local only"
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2016, 07:02 pm by Stimpy »

Stimpy

« Reply #215 on: 21 Sep 2014, 01:58 am »
Matched Pair FOCAL TC90K Kevlar Tweeter used in VMPS  -  (Scottsdale, Arizona)  $200 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-FOCAL-TC90K-Kevlar-Tweeter-uesd-in-VMPS-KRK-RARE-USA-/191339695931?pt=US_Speaker_Parts_Components&hash=item2c8cbc0f3b

"Matched pair of FOCAL TC90K Tweeters with Inverted Kevlar Diaphragm... grab these while you can... fully functional and excellent condition!

This were pulled from a pair of KRK 6000 Studio Monitors many years ago when I replaced them with the Titanium TC90TDXT... those boxes will ship with the drivers as pictured.

Paypal only to CONFIRMED shipping address via USPS Priority Mail packed with great care for a safe journey to you..

Please review my feedback as a seller with over 2500 100% happy buyers in 15 years!

NEVER... stock/generic photos... vague description... poor communication.

ALWAYS... clear photos of ACTUAL ITEM... detailed description... friendly communication.

NO RETURNS... I am not a business... just selling personal items"

Stimpy

« Reply #216 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:46 pm »
VMPS 15" Woofers  -  (Amarillo, Texas)  $00.00 Opening Bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281447870971

"These are very rare, 15" woofers from the VMPS Super Tower-R's. They are both in excellent shape and working order. Selling all drivers from my speakers. The speaker cabinets themselves are to HUGE to ship. Buyer pays only actual shipping, no packaging fees!"

John Casler

« Reply #217 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:50 pm »
The original owner, of these 626R's, had to drop the price to $100 Bucks, before they sold...!!!  So, the RM-2's may
end up being a bargain as well.  Awesome for the buyer, but sad that they'd go that cheap!  Wish that they were on my coast!

The Neopanels alone in those 626's are worth more than that!!!

Stimpy

« Reply #218 on: 25 Sep 2014, 10:58 pm »
VMPS RM-40 Three RM-40 ' s  -  (Pine Grove, CA 95665)  $2,400.00

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-40-three-rm-40-s-2014-09-24-speakers-95665-pine-grove-ca

"I have three RM-40 Speakers forsale. Two of them are Cherry finish and One is Gloss black.  You cannot touch sound like this anywhere near 5 times this price for a front right, center and left front set-up.  Rated a 6/10 on cosmetics, due to the veneer bubbles and the gloss black 40 needing a re-paint, though all three look fine from the listening position.

They were used as my front end of a Trinaural Analog System and Digital Home Theatre System. The Cherry veneer has bubbling on it which could be fixed. The gloss black one needs the FST tweeter relaced because I used it in my 626's. The new tweeter cost 127.50 on line and is readily available.

I need cash now, prepaid paypal and you can pick up or we can meet at your convenience in the Sacramento area.  Again I need these to go now. If something else comes through, this add will be canceled. 12 ribbon mids, 3 10" mega mid woofers, 3 10" mega bass woofers, 3 passive woofers and 3 FST tweeters, if you count the total drivers.  If you want to pay cash tonight and pick up include that in your offer.  Anyone wanting me to hold them for any length of time can prepay through paypal and include details in the offer. 

Thanks for looking.  Low ball offer will get NO reply."

Stimpy

« Reply #219 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:07 pm »
VMPS RM-1 Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers 4 Ohm Ribbon Monitors   -  (San Juan Capistrano, CA)  $500   :o

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649148463-vmps-rm1-veritone-minimum-phase-speakers-4-ohm-ribbon-monitors/

"Veritone Minimum Phase Speakers, or VMPS, was a loudspeaker manufacturer founded in 1977 by speaker designer Brian Cheney. Many VMPS speakers received favorable reviews from audio critics, such as the RM-40, which was awarded Best of CES in the High-End Audio category in 2002.  VMPS was in operation for over 35 years, from January 1977 to December 2012, when it closed soon after the death of company owner Brian Cheney on December 7, 2012.

Each speaker features 2-8" Woofers with Phase Plugs, 1-10" woofer down firing, 1-4"x8" Optimized Ribbon Midrange panel and 1-1.25" Spiral Ribbon Super Tweeter.

These speakers are power hungry and require a good amplifier that is stable at 4 Ohms. Giving them anything less will inhibit their performance substantially. Ideally two amplifiers with at least 250 watts per channel each will provide the power these need to perform at their optimum level. I am the second owner and have had these in my system for five years on and off. I've enjoyed these immensely but I've recently completed the construction of my own bookshelf sized speakers and I don't have room for these anymore. They are large speakers measuring 39" tall x 11.5" wide and 15" deep. Because they have a bass port at the bottom of the speakers they were designed without feet or spikes.

The sound quality is excellent given that you have adequate amplification. I can only describe the sound as what you would expect from an audiophile speaker. Excellent deep fast bass, midrange that makes you feel like you are hearing it live and sparkling highs with a very natural texture void of hiss or glare. At this price, there are few speakers if any that can compete. If you enjoy listening to music at moderate to high volume levels you will love these, they were designed and made for it and they really show what they can do in my opinion at moderate to high listening levels.

Because of the size of these speakers and more specifically the weight, (85.0 lbs.each) I would prefer a local sale. The speakers have been moved to my business where I have ample room to demonstrate them. They can be seen, heard and picked up in Dana Point, California at PCH and Blue Lantern. Send me an email if you're local and want to come and check them out and I will furnish the address. Bring cash if you plan on purchasing the speakers and thanks for looking."