Silver Nimbus Whites up for sale!

EdRo

Silver Nimbus Whites up for sale!
« on: 1 May 2017, 02:38 pm »
Ok guys...here's your chance at a set of Nimbus. These are the same ones that received acclaim at the Newport Beach show. This same set were at the 2015 RMAF, sharing a large room with a set of Joules. I believe that room was situated between the Wilson and Scaena rooms, and from what I've been told (I couldn't attend RMAF that year) the Nimbus held their own. I believe the Scaena and Wilson models being shown cost many times more than the Nimbus, and many attendees wondered at this, given the disparity of cost to sound between models. These Nimbus have been to shows and reviewers homes, so they have some evidence of their travels. If someone were interested and close to the Michigan area, I'd be happy to deliver them personally.
Price for these are 10,400.

P.M me if you are interested for immediate delivery!

sbuzz

Re: Silver Nimbus Whites up for sale!
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2017, 11:29 pm »
  Are there any upgrades from the standard model? How about warranty, And can they be shipped? I'm in eastern CA.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2017, 12:28 am »
I'm in Michigan. Pretty close actually. One problem though not enough of that leafy green stuff to cover the cost.....
I contacted you a few years ago about the Nimbus line of speakers before I retired.

Difficult to justify now since I have some decent speakers. I do think it's a great price though.

I like the look of the cabinet.
If you want to store them for a while I could help out :green:
I'll have to buy a lotto ticket. :(

Best of luck selling them. Someone will be very pleased with them!

Bob Stark

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2017, 02:13 am »
How is the midrange on this speaker?  Does it sound shrill if the material is bright?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2017, 03:18 am »
Beautiful speakers.  Good thing I'm nowhere close to Michigan 8)

SoCalWJS

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2017, 04:32 am »
How is the midrange on this speaker?  Does it sound shrill if the material is bright?
I never noticed that with this model when I listened. They do need a bit of room to breathe IMHO.

EdRo

« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2017, 04:53 am »
I have to say that this Nimbus does not sound harsh or overly bright. I've had people comment about how surprised they were, after seeing those ceramic mids. The balance of this speaker, while using the ceramic mids and the RAAL, make the mids and highs more revealing, without being fatiging. Ryan is a master at choosing components and building crossovers to get the most from a speaker as a whole. I'm planning on a listening party in a couple weeks. Are there people interested in listening?

pconley2

« Reply #7 on: 6 May 2017, 08:03 pm »
These are the very speakers that I first heard the buzz around Vapor about, I contacted Ryan because I was extremely interested in the dual Accuton mids with the RAAL tweeter.  After much discussion I decided to go with the larger RAAL tweeter that came with the Vapor Joule.  I have had my speakers for 2 1/2 years and I can't say enough about them.  Accuton and RAAL are winning combinations, they reveal sooooo much about the music, the better your system as Ryan told me " the deeper into your music you will be able to hear".  He was completely right.  Please give these speakers a wonderful home, someone will be very happy!

pdj

« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2017, 04:53 pm »
Concur with pconley2. My story echoes his.  The Nimbus got my attention first but I switched to the Joule which I've had three months now.  I'm extremely happy and grow fonder of them every day.  I too was concerned with harshness and brightness.  The Accutons and RAALs are very revealing but Ryan's crossover magic puts them right on the edge of amazing resolution without shrillness.  Mostly though I'm gobsmacked how just plain ol' musically appealing they are, audiophile superlatives notwithstanding.  Much depends on source material and even mood sometimes.  When I rarely find material that's recorded a bit hot I address it by using the RAAL foam pads.  Of course room acoustics, the quality and type of gear and cabling all contribute.  A friend once called the Nimbus aesthetic "majestically elegant".  Perfect description.  Audio is subjective but holy moly, someone is going to love owning these.

pconley2

« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2017, 09:13 pm »
PDJ, have you ever posted pictures of your Joules?  This is news that a new pair was delivered within the last few months.

Not to hijack the discussion but those Nimbuses are real bad asses, I think Pez and Tyson did an entire review or at least gave them best in show at Denver.  Ed correct me if I am wrong.

Phil

EdRo

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2017, 09:39 pm »
I think you're right Phil. This particular set of silver Nimbus seemed to draw a ton of praise from that dynamic duo. Tysons a big OB fan, too, if I remember correctly. These speakers received alot of acclaim!

pdj

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2017, 12:15 am »
Phil,

Here is a photo Ryan shot of my Joules in his listening room.  Sorry for not responding sooner.  I didn't want to distract from Ed's post.  Again, someone should buy those Nimbus.  Given how wonderful my Vapor stablemate Joules perform, the Nimbi will impress.

Never posted photos before here so fingers crossed.

« Last Edit: 19 May 2017, 09:52 am by pdj »

dpatters

« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2017, 08:44 am »
Anyone that jumps on this deal is going to be a very happy camper :thumb:

Don P.

EdRo

« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2017, 11:38 pm »
Thanks guys. And remember, if silver isn't "your bag, baby...YA!" (a little Austin Powers nod there!) I have a very talented hot rod spray shop just around the corner. Granted, paint can be pricey, but considering getting a set of Nimbus Whites for 10.5k; when a new set is going for 15.9 - 18.9, that"s still a great deal. My personal favorites so far have been the black set that went to England. They looked like something Darth Vador would buy to impress the Emperor.

Bob Stark

« Reply #14 on: 4 Aug 2017, 03:22 am »
Ed,
    Are these speakers still available?

Thanks,
Bob

EdRo

« Reply #15 on: 5 Aug 2017, 11:22 am »
I'm sorry, Bob. The friend who has had them at his home for listening sessions can't bear to part with them! I do have a set of whites nearly ready for paint though, if you're interested.

Gopher

« Reply #16 on: 5 Aug 2017, 01:44 pm »
Glad to hear this pair found a good home, Ed.   Those silver nimbus ROCKED at RMAF 2015!!

EdRo

« Reply #17 on: 6 Aug 2017, 09:47 pm »
You should see his turntable, Fred! I built it using solid inversion layer, cast into a turntable plinth!