One game left to own the NFC South.  :thumb:

FireGuy

Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #161 on: 26 Dec 2017, 01:52 am »

JDoyle

« Reply #162 on: 26 Dec 2017, 03:39 pm »
FireGuy, That's hilarious! 
IMHO The league's current definition of a catch is absurd. This HAS to change or it's over for me. 
I won't say anything more (or may Patriot's HATE will boil over)  :evil:

JD   

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #163 on: 1 Jan 2018, 07:31 pm »
Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders.

ANYTHING to stop him from announcing Monday night games...

twitch54

« Reply #164 on: 1 Jan 2018, 08:50 pm »
Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders.

ANYTHING to stop him from announcing Monday night games...

I take Jerry you don't like Chuckie !

twitch54

« Reply #165 on: 1 Jan 2018, 08:51 pm »
So the Bills got lucky and finally made it back to the playoffs. With that being said what are your early predictions for wild card weekend ?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #166 on: 2 Jan 2018, 05:52 am »
Will the Vikes be the first team to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium? :o  I've seen how this movie ends before but it's fun to think about! :lol:

rodge827

« Reply #167 on: 2 Jan 2018, 06:10 am »
So the Bills got lucky and finally made it back to the playoffs. With that being said what are your early predictions for wild card weekend ?

Chiefs, Rams, Jags, Saints

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #168 on: 2 Jan 2018, 01:19 pm »
Worst season in memory.  Horrible officiating - lots of mistakes, slow 'instant' replay, stupid rules, way too many prissy calls.  Too much off the field drama - kneeling, spoiled players, personal shuffles, money talk.  Slow play - games keep getting longer.  Announcers that have diarrhea of the mouth, ignore the game to yap or do interviews.  Turning more and more into the WWF.  And in the end pretty much the same teams making the playoffs every year, thanks Buffalo for injecting a few new faces (and finally getting some national TV time).  And unfortunately the college game is following suit.

Wish college and NFL would adopt some of the CFL rules/practices.

twitch54

« Reply #169 on: 2 Jan 2018, 02:37 pm »
Sad but true JLM, then again we're getting old ..........

rockadanny

« Reply #170 on: 2 Jan 2018, 04:19 pm »
Worst season in memory.  Horrible officiating - lots of mistakes, slow 'instant' replay, stupid rules, way too many prissy calls.  Too much off the field drama - kneeling, spoiled players, personal shuffles, money talk.  Slow play - games keep getting longer.  Announcers that have diarrhea of the mouth, ignore the game to yap or do interviews.  Turning more and more into the WWF.  And in the end pretty much the same teams making the playoffs every year, thanks Buffalo for injecting a few new faces (and finally getting some national TV time).  And unfortunately the college game is following suit.

+1 (sadly)

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #171 on: 2 Jan 2018, 04:34 pm »

Wish college and NFL would adopt some of the CFL rules/practices.
Show business. Everything in our country is, and has been for some time, tailored to maximize profits at the expense of anything that might compromise that "taking".. Any gimmick, any ginned up controversy, any rule change, every referees' decision, is considered a business opportunity and is manipulated thusly.

Look around the nation and you will see it at every turn. Our priorities are self-defeating. We are bound for collapse from within if we are not ultimately smitten by off shore forces.

All we need to do to get things right is to eliminate those pesky players with their human concerns. Fantasy Football is the gateway for that move. Just another step toward automation and virtual reality. Soon you could be rooting for the image of Exxon's DeShaun Watson playing for the Google Houston Texans against the team led by the image of Microsoft's Russell Wilson leading the Starbuck's Seattle Seahawks at Trump Fantasy Dome Virtual Stadium and Hotel. Tickets are $100/game for those who have not bought viewership shares in either team. If you have sprung for the $1000/yr. membership fee, all games are available for download at any time and "LIVE" games are available to you in "REAL TIME" for just a loyalty pledge and a $15 spectator tax. Nice, huh? The soul is long gone. Now all that remains is eliminating the bodies. Following the identified arc should complete the job in just a few more seasons.

soundbitten1

« Reply #172 on: 2 Jan 2018, 04:44 pm »
Show business. Everything in our country is, and has been for some time, tailored to maximize profits at the expense of anything that might compromise that "taking".. Any gimmick, any ginned up controversy, any rule change, every referees' decision, is considered a business opportunity and is manipulated thusly.

Look around the nation and you will see it at every turn. Our priorities are self-defeating. We are bound for collapse from within if we are not ultimately smitten by off shore forces.

All we need to do to get things right is to eliminate those pesky players with their human concerns. Fantasy Football is the gateway for that move. Just another step toward automation and virtual reality. Soon you could be rooting for the image of Exxon's DeShaun Watson playing for the Google Houston Texans against the team led by the image of Microsoft's Russell Wilson leading the Starbuck's Seattle Seahawks at Trump Fantasy Dome Virtual Stadium and Hotel. Tickets are $100/game for those who have not bought viewership shares in either team. If you have sprung for the $1000/yr. membership fee, all games are available for download at any time and "LIVE" games are available to you in "REAL TIME" for just a loyalty pledge and a $15 spectator tax. Nice, huh? The soul is long gone. Now all that remains is eliminating the bodies. Following the identified arc should complete the job in just a few more seasons.

Cool   :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #173 on: 2 Jan 2018, 06:34 pm »
Very well written macrojack, your dystopian view may come true someday, but not in the foreseeable future, which means not before I'm dead.  The NFL is a cash cow that is paying everybody buckets of money, they're not changing anything until they're forced to.  The Goodell contract extension says the status quo will be maintained.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #174 on: 2 Jan 2018, 07:15 pm »
Yeah!   Fantasy sports is FUBAR; what a waste of time!

All those losers could become audiophiles instead.  What a difference THAT would make in their lives!

Oh, wait....

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #175 on: 2 Jan 2018, 07:31 pm »
 :lol:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #176 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:35 pm »
It'll probably never happen but...I'm rooting for a Minnesota/Buffalo Super Bowl. Two teams that are 0-4 in SB's having a chance for their first title.

I'm jumping on the Vikings bandwagon, I like their coach, defense, and the fact they got a back up quarterback playing well makes them easy to root for. Unless you're a Packers, Bears, or Lions fan of course.

Anybody wonder if Big Red Machine has an outfit like this that he wears while watching the games?

ohenry

« Reply #177 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:54 pm »

It must be hell to be you.

rodge827

« Reply #178 on: 3 Jan 2018, 10:13 pm »
 :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #179 on: 4 Jan 2018, 04:54 am »
It'll probably never happen but...I'm rooting for a Minnesota/Buffalo Super Bowl. Two teams that are 0-4 in SB's having a chance for their first title.

I'm jumping on the Vikings bandwagon, I like their coach, defense, and the fact they got a back up quarterback playing well makes them easy to root for. Unless you're a Packers, Bears, or Lions fan of course.

Oh, God! That would be the worst!  Sure, great for whoever finally gets the monkey off their back but the other poor bastards will be 0-5! :o

I love my Vikes but yeah, they could mess up free cheese.:lol: