RMAF

dflee

RMAF
« on: 8 Oct 2017, 09:42 pm »
Well????
Where are the picks and comment from this year?
I'm dyin here.

Don

Triode Pete

Re: RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2017, 04:41 pm »
My speaker cables are in Vinnie Rossi's Room with Acoustic Signature & Harbeth...

Too much construction and room constraints (& rules on removing furniture) do not lend to a productive RMAF audio show...

Maybe next year if things get better...

Capital AudioFest and the New York Audio Show (November 2017) are next "on-tap" for Triode Wire Labs!

Cheers,
Pete

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2017, 04:51 pm »
My speaker cables are in Vinnie Rossi's Room with Acoustic Signature & Harbeth...

Too much construction and room constraints (& rules on removing furniture) do not lend to a productive RMAF audio show...

Maybe next year if things get better...

Capital AudioFest and the New York Audio Show (November 2017) are next "on-tap" for Triode Wire Labs!

Cheers,
Pete

Your room sounded awesome.   I would have put it in my half-assed show coverage in the RMAF circle, but for 3 reasons - first I stupidly did not take a pic while I was there.  Second, Jason and I had already posted ecstatically about the Rossi/Harbeth room last year.  Third, the Rossi/Spatial room kind of took the spotlight for us this year. 

But I'll say this - when we were there it was so packed that we had to take the crappy seats all the way on the left side of the room.  Up against the wall, actually.  And from the shittiest seat in the room it STILL sounded amazing.  I actually turned to Jason in amazement and said something along the lines of "How they hell do they DO this?  Every year it's amazing.  Vinnie should get some kind of lifetime achievement award for best rooms at RMAF."  So yeah, we liked the room :thumb: