Porcelain RCA connectors

A_shah

Porcelain RCA connectors
« on: 4 Sep 2017, 06:22 pm »
What are the advantages of using porcelain RCA connectors over regular connectors any sonic advantages?

HAITIMAN

Re: Porcelain RCA connectors
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2017, 06:40 pm »
It's as if a veil has been lifted......the music is more refined.....emerging from a black background. I am hearing elements in the music for the first time. The bass is deeper and tighter......more musical. And the pace and tempo has dramatically improved.

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2017, 10:49 pm »
Where does one find porcelain RCA connectors?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2017, 11:55 pm »
If it were over a half century ago and you were a Ham radio operator. Back then they sometimes used RCA connectors on their transmitter to antenna feed lines. So with high voltage, high current and high frequency, porcelain was the way to go.
Now they ad a touch of class to an audio amplifier.

A_shah

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2017, 02:58 am »
when I was young  living oversea's (  growing  up with tube radio's & amplifiers Teac decks Mullard, Murphy's  Telefunken etc etc )  we owned the largest Philips electronic agency in the country and for High end audio we  alway seemed to use porcelain connectors, recently I found some  on E-bay from a company in Hungry, brought back old memories, I guess I'll order some with silver wires and porcelain connectors the pins are gold  plated   

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2017, 02:34 pm »
recently I found some  on E-bay from a company in Hungry, brought back old memories, I guess I'll order some with silver wires and porcelain connectors the pins are gold  plated   

Have a link?  Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2017, 02:43 pm »
Porcelain or ceramic are a hard matter, seems Teflon are better than porcelain as in tube sockets.

A_shah

« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2017, 07:51 pm »
Have a link?  Thanks

[/quotehttp://www.bicon-silver-cable.hu/en/

http://www.bicon-silver-cable.hu/en/

they are on Ebay

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #8 on: 6 Sep 2017, 12:27 am »
Connecting high voltage wires to towers? Yeah.
For IC???
I would say they would work fine. But not any special reason...
Also they would NOT protect from RFI hazards.. Where metal RCA WOULD.

So don't use ceramic for phono lines.

Bicon

« Reply #9 on: 23 Sep 2017, 06:44 pm »
The link is true. I actually make porcelain connectors silver RCA-RCA cables. Please check my site:http://www.bicon-silver-cable.hu/en/
According to my experiences there is no significant difference between a connectors. Only the design is different.

I recommend to try the cable, you will not be disappointed in it.  :wink: