LA Audio Show 2017

Triode Pete

LA Audio Show 2017
« on: 2 Jun 2017, 04:24 pm »
 Arrived yesterday morning at LAX. Began set up in room 346 and by late afternoon it was sounding great!

The show starts in about 1/2 hour. Hope to see many of you here! Please stop by for a libation of your choosing!

Cheers,
Pete

Emil

Re: LA Audio Show 2017
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:45 pm »
Diet pepsi caffeine free?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:46 pm »
Arrived yesterday morning at LAX. Began set up in room 346 and by late afternoon it was sounding great!

The show starts in about 1/2 hour. Hope to see many of you here! Please stop by for a libation of your choosing!

Cheers,
Pete

Good luck Pete!   :thumb:

George

Triode Pete

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:00 pm »

Yep! Of course for you, Emil!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:50 pm »
Limoncello for me, knock em out Pete.

charles

dpatters

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2017, 08:00 am »
Best of luck Pete!!

Don

BobM

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm »
Enjoy the sunny west coast, it's rain and more rain here at home.

targa02

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2017, 03:19 pm »
I'm here at the LA show. Good times for sure. Jack Roberts (reviewer for Dagogo and now has his own site: theaudiobeatnik.com) says the Triode Lab/Volti and the Vinnie Rossi/Spatial rooms have the best sound at the show he has heard on the first day.  I haven't made it to the Triode/Volti room yet, but Vinnie and Clayton truly have something special going on with Vinnie's DHT Lio powering Clayton's new X1 Uniwave.

Triode Pete

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jun 2017, 05:30 pm »
I'm here at the LA show. Good times for sure. Jack Roberts (reviewer for Dagogo and now has his own site: theaudiobeatnik.com) says the Triode Lab/Volti and the Vinnie Rossi/Spatial rooms have the best sound at the show he has heard on the first day.  I haven't made it to the Triode/Volti room yet, but Vinnie and Clayton truly have something special going on with Vinnie's DHT Lio powering Clayton's new X1 Uniwave.

Thanks for posting, targa02! Please come to Room 346 for a listen & a beverage of your choosing! Also, feel free to bring your favorite music!

Cheers,
Pete

dflee

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jun 2017, 06:05 pm »
The sign on the door has me confused.
Is this room smokin or not?

Don

Triode Pete

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2017, 07:05 pm »
The sign on the door has me confused.
Is this room smokin or not?

Don

Don,
The room is smoking, smoking hot!… But there's no smoking allowed in the hotel. I hope I cleared things up!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2017, 04:51 pm »
Some early feedback from The Audio Beatnik...

http://theaudiobeatnik.com/index.php/2017/06/02/la-audio-show-day-1-part-2/

"The Volti Speaker room was one of the two best I heard on day one. The other room was the Spatial and Red Wine room. Sorry, the pictures from that room will come tomorrow."

Congrats to Vinnie as well! His room sounds great!

Triode Pete

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jun 2017, 02:28 am »
At LAX, waiting for my flight to JFK, watching the NBA Finals...

A very good show... We had some great comments!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2017, 03:16 am »
Congrats, Pete!!!  :beer:

Quite awesome.  :thumb:

KLH007

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jun 2017, 03:17 pm »
Congratulations Pete and Greg, another great sounding showing!

Triode Pete

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2017, 10:48 pm »
Congrats, Pete!!!  :beer:

Quite awesome.  :thumb:
Congratulations Pete and Greg, another great sounding showing!

Thanks, guys!

One of my favorite quotes was with this husband & wife team (both of them didn't want to leave our room)... She wrote, "My husband dragged me to scores of rooms today but I was only really happy in this one."

That was cool!

Cheers,
Pete

alan m. kafton

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jun 2017, 08:04 am »
Another show, another great sounding setup, this time with Perla electronics.  Simply lovely, and my reviewer friend Adam Goldfine (of Positive Feedback) agreed wholeheartedly.

And thank you again for the water, Triode Pete....you are an excellent host!

KLH007

« Reply #17 on: 7 Jun 2017, 02:38 pm »
Alan, You reminded me of how refreshing any room with TWL cables is, not only the sonics, but Pete's hospitality is second to none. When reporting on a show and trying to get to all the rooms, eating and drinking are forgotten and Pete always offers refreshments, and cold to boot. Thanks Pete for being an excellent host!

Triode Pete

« Reply #18 on: 7 Jun 2017, 07:54 pm »
Some Stereophile coverage... https://www.stereophile.com/content/janas-first-afternoon-show by Jana Dagdagan

"After a forgettable lunch (the food at the Sheraton Gateway hotel was mediocre at best) a change of pace was required. It was time for a mid-day treat: compact horn-loaded speakers. Greg Roberts of Volti Audio and Pete Grzybowski (nicknamed "Triode Pete") seem to consistently know how to produce good sound in hotel rooms.

As I entered their room, a woman wrote on their board something along the lines of: "My husband's been dragging me to different rooms all day and this is the only one I've enjoyed." The system included a pair of recently released Volti Audio Rival speakers (starting at $7900; $11,900/pair for the rosewood finish photographed)—reviewed by Stereophile's Ken Micallef last month. The source was an Acoustic Signature Triple X turntable ($5995) with an Acoustic Signature TA-2000 tonearm ($2399) and Dynavector 20X2 HOMC cartridge ($995) through a Perla Audio Motif phonostage ($5500) and class-AB 100Wpc Perla Audio Signature 50 integrated amplifier ($9500); cabling was all provided by Triode Wire Labs.

Triode Pete put on "Poinciana" played by Shelly Manne and Jack Marshall. (This was a fun take on "Poinciana", but I'm still partial to Ahmad Jamal's 1958 Live at the Pershing version.) The three-way, horn-loaded boxes, already boasting "sold" stickers this early in the show, were as alive and full-bodied as I remembered from last year's New York Audio Show. From my limited experience with the Rivals, they can be a little sonically V-shaped in some rooms depending on the music, but I couldn't care less."

Thanks, Jana!
« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2017, 09:18 pm by Triode Pete »

Triode Pete

« Reply #19 on: 9 Jun 2017, 09:11 pm »
From Positive Feedback's Dave & Carol Clark... http://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/los-angeles-audio-show-part-four/

"Fidelis Acoustic Signature Triple X turntable with TA-2000 tonearm and Dynavector 20X2 HOMC cartridge. Perla Audio Signature 50 integrated amplifier, Motif phonostage, and Composer DAC. Triode Wire Labs power cables, speaker cables, and interconnects. Volti Audio Rival loudspeakers. Nice sound here."

Thanks Carol & Dave!