Digital American

Triode Pete

Re: Digital American
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jun 2017, 11:40 am »
Charles, have you heard the same differences on source components as on amps?   I totally agree with you when it comes to using the High Power Digital American on amps or integrated - they work wonders on my Devialet Experts.  But I've been using the standard Digital American on my CD transport and hear no difference when compared to the High Power version on it - they both sound equally awesome there.  Don't have experience on a lot of components, but I think the standard DA works great on most source components that don't require high current.

P.S... Recently got Dave @ PI Audio to build me a new UberBuss with integrated Digibuss outlets AND an integrated TWL Silver Statement PC from Pete.  My system has never sounded better.

It's all about SYNERGY - some may prefer the High Power Digital American (HPDA). I designed it for higher power consuming components (amps, power conditioners, power bars, etc.) but certain lower power consuming devices (DAC's, transports, servers, preamps, etc.) MAY benefit from its use... The standard "Digital American" is "no slouch", IMHO and I use it on my BorderPatrol DAC with superb results...

My $0.02,
Pete

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 21 Jun 2017, 02:16 pm »
It's all about SYNERGY - some may prefer the High Power Digital American (HPDA). I designed it for higher power consuming components (amps, power conditioners, power bars, etc.) but certain lower power consuming devices (DAC's, transports, servers, preamps, etc.) MAY benefit from its use... The standard "Digital American" is "no slouch", IMHO and I use it on my BorderPatrol DAC with superb results...

My $0.02,
Pete
What's the actual difference between the two cables? 

Triode Pete

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2017, 06:17 pm »
What's the actual difference between the two cables?

The High Power Digital American (HPDA) has a much larger gauge (AWG) and the geometry of construction is different as well.

Cheers,
Pete

rpf

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2017, 02:46 am »
I found the HC to be better on my DAC (EE DAC Plus, at the time) than the regular DA.

mca

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2017, 03:38 am »
 I'll find out how a Digital American sounds on my Lampizator Atlantic in just a few days  :thumb:

rpf

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2017, 05:21 pm »
I'll find out how a Digital American sounds on my Lampizator Atlantic in just a few days  :thumb:

The HC DA sounds really good on my Lampi Amber II. Let us know how you like it on the Atlantic.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2017, 06:52 pm »

WHAT??? Your'e getting a Lampi? O.K., now I'm exited for you.

Let us know what you think when you get it, I'd be very curious as to what you think.

Greg

zacho

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:13 am »

Gents, after experimenting with HC DA against the Std. DA in all components all I can say is just do it. The HC directly compared to the HC version was clearly apparent. Even more natural with an added ease like headroom from your amp.
  Tone is better bass is deeper, highs are more natural. Just better in every area. If economics is NOT an issue replace every Std. DA with a HC DA. You'll never look back except for your check book.

charles

Straight up hitting me with a casual dose of upgraditis  :o

Am currently thinking of getting the HP DA to replace my 7+ on my integrated amp.

mdconnelly

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2017, 12:18 pm »
Straight up hitting me with a casual dose of upgraditis  :o

Am currently thinking of getting the HP DA to replace my 7+ on my integrated amp.

The 7+ is a great power cord, but what integrated are you using?   If it has a class D amp section or has an integrated DAC, I suspect the HPDA would make a nice improvement.   Of course, with Pete's trial period, it may be worth giving it a compare regardless.

RichPark

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:06 pm »
I just wanted to say that these power cords have made an incredible difference in my system.  I am using the regular Digital American cords on both my NuForce MCP-18 and Oppo BDP-83.  I am also using the Digital American HP on both an Uberbuss and my Yggdrasil DAC. 

I wanted to use the HP cords on my Ncore amps but after I removed one from the DAC and replaced it with a home made cord.  I have two HP cords and wanted to see what happened when I plugged in the amps. Boy that was a mistake.  I lost the magic which creates the illusion of depth in the sound stage.  It was an extremely disappointing result and I instantly had buyers remorse.  I took a deep breath unplugged everything and hooked up the uber and placed all the cords on the source components. Hooked up the amps back up to some 1/2 meter PCs i purchased from Welborne and Wow, I got all of my magic back and then some.  There is much greater depth to my discs and in some recordings I am hearing the sound stage form further into my listing room.  This is a very cool experience.

I have learned two things with my system. One,  power cords make a huge improvement and Two, stop wasting money and time trying to create the holy grail audio cable. These cords are so much better than any of my feeble home brew attempts.

Ive had great success with your Power Cables and your 2 meter XLR IC and look forward to lining up some bi-wire speaker cables in the future.  (I think those will have a greater immediate impact than 2 power cords for my home built mono Ncore amps.)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #30 on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:59 pm »
  Yes Sire I would strongly recommend you try an HC for your Nuforce amp. The HC Digital worked wonders on my Arion class"D" hybrid mono blocks. was using Digital American before. The 7+ is killer for Ubers BTW.
  If you like the cords then also try Furutech GTX duplex outlets ,they have a marvelous synergy.

charles

RichPark

« Reply #31 on: 30 Jun 2017, 11:04 pm »
So the 7+ would be better than the digital American hp for the uberbuss?

Triode Pete

« Reply #32 on: 1 Jul 2017, 08:49 pm »

In my personal opinion, both "Seven Plus" and "High Power Digital American" are excellent choices for the UberBUSS... The "High Power Digital American" may provide a smudge more lower bass & effortless highs while still remaining "balanced" throughout...

My $0.02,
Pete

zacho

« Reply #33 on: 2 Jul 2017, 09:15 am »
The 7+ is a great power cord, but what integrated are you using?   If it has a class D amp section or has an integrated DAC, I suspect the HPDA would make a nice improvement.   Of course, with Pete's trial period, it may be worth giving it a compare regardless.

I'm using a Densen DM-10 Mk2 integrated amp. I've corresponded with Pete about this and he thinks that the HP DA would pair well with the Densen and I trust him fully! Will be sending in my 7+ soon :) Can't wait.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #34 on: 6 Jul 2017, 06:06 pm »

Maybe. As Pete said a smidgen of bass and top end improvement with HP. My reco would be HP for components 7+ for Ubers. That is what I use personally at home and at the shows.

charles