Hynes supply for Mac Mini available

audioengr

Hynes supply for Mac Mini available
« on: 23 Dec 2015, 12:43 am »
I have a customer that received this modded SR5-18.5 with umbilical and never used it.  Now he is giving up audio due to a new job and wants to sell it.  I use one just like it in my system. I believe he will take $800 for it.  These are next to impossible to get.  I waited a year to get mine.  It is for the older Mini that has DC input.  Mine is 2009.

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2015, 05:38 am by audioengr »

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Re: Hynes supply for Mac Mini available
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2015, 05:46 pm »
Anyone with a Mac Mini should jump on this opportunity.  To obtain gear is a long arduous process.

I just passed my three year mark, $5500 for custom LPS and no response to last two emails and a general post on audiocircle:

"My ISP has just been taken over by another company and e-mail has been off-line whilst all the server data is being transferred from the old servers to new updated servers at the new company premises.

Regards,
Paul"

Three years of elaborate excuses.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2015, 05:52 pm »
3 years...... That's a bit too much there. I am very hopeful for you, and I am sure Paul will make it right when he can.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2015, 06:28 pm »
3 years with no product?
I can only shake my head.

Whatever happened to integrity?

Sad.

I just passed my three year mark, $5500 for custom LPS and no response to last two emails and a general post on audiocircle:

"My ISP has just been taken over by another company and e-mail has been off-line whilst all the server data is being transferred from the old servers to new updated servers at the new company premises.

Regards,
Paul"

Three years of elaborate excuses.

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2015, 07:07 pm »
With some businesses in the UK it just takes forever to get stuff.... :scratch:

Steve N.

path73

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2015, 12:53 am »
I had a very good experience recently purchasing a SR3-5V from Paul Hynes *Audio* (the newer production company, emails with David), received in under 3 weeks. Great stuff!
With Paul Hynes *Design*, however, I am still waiting for a DC umbilical ordered (and paid for) over 3 years ago...
/patrick

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2015, 05:29 am »
I do not want to distract from this thread.  A used power supply often sell at the new list price because of the high demand.  This is a good deal.

(Sadly my 10 rail LPS once built will be phased out of my system since Steve is building a SX with Ethernet input.)

Steve is very passionate about what he does and well respected among his peers.  I certainly appreciate his insight.

From someone I respect in the industry said this about Steve: "His retirement would be a loss.  He's a unique person in digital... low volume, high quality, obsessive perfectionist... "  Steve is not retiring but the topic of discussion was how many great minds may be retiring soon and we would hope wisdom is passed on to the new generation of innovative minds.

-j