"Clipping" light on TWO.2 ? (also - first impressions)

bclaw001

I just received my (slightly) used TWO.2 (plus JT Linear power supply) today and tried it out .  I read in the manual about a red light behind the volume control that's supposed to come on briefly during start up and then if clipping is happening. But I don't see any red light at all (even when it starts up).

Meanwhile - until I get a DAC to hook up to my Mac Mini - my source is a Red Wine Imod (4th gen Ipod) with Apple Lossless files. The amp is driving my 14 year-old Gallo Nucleus Solo speakers (4ohm - 90db). I do have to crank the volume up quite high on the TWO.2 but - WOW - I am already amazed. I tried some of my favorite albums and already I'm blown away by the clarity, soundstage, lack of harshness, etc, etc. Just - WOW.

I was forced to sell my old equipment (Bel Canto DAC1, Morrison ELAD, and Van Alstine Omega III) and really did not expect to recover the sound quality I had - much less *improve* what I had. So this is a big bonus for me (I was able to get a very good deal on the TWO.2 plus JT).

Much more exploration and enjoyment ahead, I'm sure! Thanks,  Virtue Audio ! 

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Re: "Clipping" light on TWO.2 ? (also - first impressions)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2011, 05:02 am »
I just received my (slightly) used TWO.2 (plus JT Linear power supply) today and tried it out .  I read in the manual about a red light behind the volume control that's supposed to come on briefly during start up and then if clipping is happening. But I don't see any red light at all (even when it starts)

The red led is on the right side behind the volume knob and case. Its sometimes hard to see unless its fairly dark in the room.
If you don't see it with the lights out then its possible the led is bad.
If so you don't need to worry about it affecting the performance.
If you want it fixed let me know and we can work something out.

bclaw001

Re: "Clipping" light on TWO.2 ? (also - first impressions)
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2011, 01:57 pm »
The red led is on the right side behind the volume knob and case. Its sometimes hard to see unless its fairly dark in the room.
If you don't see it with the lights out then its possible the led is bad.
If so you don't need to worry about it affecting the performance.
If you want it fixed let me know and we can work something out.

Ok - I saw it this time. Thanks for the tip.