is bigger always better ?

Trismos

Re: is bigger always better ?
« Reply #100 on: 7 Nov 2011, 02:34 am »
Hey Jason, what was your opinion of the ClarityCap versus the Dueland?

And Tom, hopefully you get a chance to try the BatteryBuss  :D

I'd like Jason's opinion on that also.

Can someone give me a run down on this batterybuss thing? It appears to be something made for the Mac Mini, a power supply more than batteries per say.

Regards
Dave

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #101 on: 7 Nov 2011, 03:37 am »
I'd like Jason's opinion on that also.

Can someone give me a run down on this batterybuss thing? It appears to be something made for the Mac Mini, a power supply more than batteries per say.

Regards
Dave

I can't give a fair comparison

Not only didn't I have the duelands in my possession long enough but they were also high pass caps and I didn't have an amp here that had clarity Mr highpass caps in it.

Also as tom mentioned the break in time was very long (300 or so hours) the clarity caps sound good out of the gate but also change allot over the first couple hundred hours.

I'm standing firm on my analysis that the clarity Mr caps are the best for the money. The dueland 3.3uf caps are over twice the price of the clarity caps!

Tom love his dueland caps but I don't have the $ to put into the duelands to "test" them out.

If anyone is willing to spend $430 on that upgrade (includes the wire upgrade) let me know and we can do it.

Rclark

« Reply #102 on: 7 Nov 2011, 06:10 am »
The ClarityCap MR's really are special. I don't feel any need to trade them or try anything else, they nailed it. I am thankful to Jason for suggesting and installing them. Luckily I'll get to experience CC's and Duelands together in my finished amp-speaker stage.

bardamu

« Reply #103 on: 9 Aug 2012, 10:24 am »

e shipping it to me. I was very excited to get it back, since I had been without for so

Sorry, post it in the wrong thread

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #104 on: 25 Jun 2013, 06:32 pm »
l have two big blue ones!  :oops: Just had my tech guy do the ClarityCap upgrade and the supplier Nick (Hificollective) in the UK who was very helpful by the way stated these caps need 100hrs minimum, and at the minute they sound a bit dry and closed in but powerful and fuller if that makes sense (5hrs), am going to leave the ole'girl playing all night, but there does seem to be some potential here..........

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #105 on: 25 Jun 2013, 06:39 pm »
Quality aside, the smaller caps restrict voltage, resulting in lower output volumes.  There is a huge psychological advantage to LOUDER!

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #106 on: 26 Jun 2013, 08:53 pm »
About 20 hrs on the ClarityCaps now, this morning they were hard and a bit bright, this evening bass is BIG and very well controlled, highs a little coarse, but very detailed, ClarityCap blog to continue...... :green:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #107 on: 27 Jun 2013, 06:11 pm »
ClarityCap upgrade recap ha! ha! Sound is now just how l like my women- Big bottomed with a slightly brittle top end, sound now is very full and as stated previously very detailed, still not as musical as  pre- cap but there are definitely improvements, so the frequency extremes are a wayward, but getting there, sometimes the journey is better than the arrival...........

dpump

« Reply #108 on: 30 Jun 2013, 06:50 pm »
Madisound carries a 400-volt ClarityCap MR. Isn't that just as good to use as the 630-volt version?

My batteries are 12-volt 5.0 amp. hr. When I replace the batteries should I go to a higher amp. hr battery?

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #109 on: 2 Jul 2013, 09:02 pm »
Phew! Getting there around 60hrs on the ClarityCaps and there are definite signs of improvement, bass is a lot better controlled, and the soundstage is getting nice and cohesive as indeed it was before the CC upgrade :thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
« Reply #110 on: 28 Jul 2013, 05:13 pm »
Now god knows how many hours on the Clarity Caps and thank god now sound superb :beer:, more bottom end that is better controlled, better layering in sound in fact benefits all round :thumb:.

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #111 on: 7 Aug 2013, 12:45 am »
the 400V caps will be fine, they didnt have them when I started doing the upgrades.

Madisound carries a 400-volt ClarityCap MR. Isn't that just as good to use as the 630-volt version?

My batteries are 12-volt 5.0 amp. hr. When I replace the batteries should I go to a higher amp. hr battery?