VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #880 on: 30 Dec 2017, 12:46 am »
REPOST

Stereo-Speakers. VMPS Speakers  -  (Portland, OR)  $700

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/stereo-speakers-vmps-speakers/6437506393.html

"Beautiful pair of VMPS speakers. Audiophile quality sound and design. Large woofer provides deep growling bass, multiple mid range woofers place band and singers in the room, ribbon tweeter emits sparkling, clear highs.
I love these speakers, you will, too.
Thanks for looking.

Received a few questions about the speakers, here's a bit more information:
Best to my knowledge (There is no model listed on the speaker itself) these are Model 2 SE (Special Edition)
I've had over a dozen high end speakers. Including 2 pairs of the tall VMPS 40s. These Model 2s beat every one for clarity, imaging, tonal balance and soundstage. I thought I'd never sell them, but..."

Stimpy

« Reply #881 on: 5 Jan 2018, 10:37 pm »
VMPS RM 40 RM40 Ribbon Monitor Speakers  -  (Canonsburg, Pennsylvania)  $1950 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-RM-40-RM40-Ribbon-Monitor-Speakers/122898630578?hash=item1c9d5447b2:g:5EMAAOSwsZJaT-TA

"Selling due to a move. Great pair of sequential serial numbers RM-40s in excellent condition, can demo, sound great. Finish is Maccasar Ebony, these were ordered from the factory with the optionally upgraded crossovers, internal wiring, and wool filling. Dimensions are 66"H x 13"W x 17"D, the weight about 250 lbs each. I am the third owner. I estimate they were made in 2004. Minor scratches here and there - they are hard to notice. Included in the sale are a set of spare ribbon tweeters and the original passive radiators (currently using CSS APR-12 adjustable passive radiators, they face down at the bottom of the speakers, slot-loaded, cannot be seen in pics). Grills were re-done less than a year ago and the fabric looks new (but these speakers are best used with the grills off!). Ready for auditioning. These cannot be shipped - not easily anyway - so this is a local pickup sale, item located in Pittsburgh PA zip 15317 (you can also organize your own shipping). Message me if you have questions."

audiomagnate

« Reply #882 on: 7 Jan 2018, 04:17 pm »
RM40
Asking Price: $950.00
Milford , MI, 48381

For sale a pair of VMPS RM40 hi end audio ribbon loudspeakers. The
speakers were purchased from the original owner about three years ago
and are in excellent condition. They are in perfect working order!! They
have the updated carbon drivers and FAST super ribbon tweeter. They are a
great sounding speaker. (The grills frames are not perfect but the
fabrics have NO tears or holes at all)  They weigh 240LBS each and stand 6 feet tall.  Local pick up only.
The original retail for the pair was 5,570.00 I'm selling them for 950.00 again they are in perfect working order  Thanks Mike 248 284 5047
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-40-2017-12-10-speakers
RM40's for $950 per PAIR??? Good grief.

buddyiramae

« Reply #883 on: 17 Jan 2018, 04:57 pm »
Audiophile speakers, VMPS ST/R awesome & rare, LOOK  -  (Terrell, TX)  $1000

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/audiophile-speakers-vmps-st/6367034194.html

Thank you everyone here, the S/T-R have been acquired by a fellow VMPS owner in Texas. Went to a good home, thanks again!

"Selling, reluctantly, my VMPS Super Tower/R speakers due to lifestyle changes. I have owned them since 1992 and were upgraded in 2012 prior to passing away of Mr. Brian Cheney, owner designer of VMPS, Itone Audio. All foam suspensions are in excellent pliable condition. No damage to speaker suspensions, at all. The 15" bottom woofers have been upgraded to newer VMPS woofers with phase-plugs acquired from an AudioCircle VMPS owner. The slot loaded 15" passive radiators have been tuned to accurate 20Hz response for a large room. The foam-rings around the Morel mids have deteriorated, but I have brand new rings to replace them with, just have not had the time. I also have the original knobs for the speaker adjustment pots. In 2012, with the help of Mr. Cheney over the phone, the fullrange/Biamp toggle switches have been bypassed and x-over caps were replaced with higher grade audiophile replacement capacitors. High end jumper wires are included in sale. One speaker grill cloth has a 1/4" sized hole, but is hard to see and show in a picture. Original paperwork also included. I have taken excellent care of these rare loudspeakers, hopefully the new owner will do the same. Not much else to mention, a lot of info available over the internet, just Google. Any question? Please email me, that is the best way to contact me. $1000.00 cash and carry. Must pick up in Terrell. Will gladly demo with prior appointment. These will remain hooked up to my system until sold. BTW, I am open to trade offers for highend audiophile grade subwoofer/s. Ad will be promptly deleted when sold. Thank you in advance!"

Stimpy

« Reply #884 on: 2 Feb 2018, 10:19 pm »
VMPS Super Tower/R Loudspeakers  -  (Redford Twp., Detroit, MI)  $575

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/vmps-super-tower-loudspeakers/6472330328.html

"Selling my Super Tower/R speakers to mainly downsize things. These are huge speakers that weigh 150 pounds each!! They are audiophile grade loudspeakers that have eight (8) drivers per side. Each has two 15" woofers, one passive woofer is down firing thru the bottom slot. A 12" mid bass coupler, two 5" midrange, two 1 1/4" tweeters and ribbon super tweeter. A piezo tweeter is on the top of cabinet. I bought these local in late summer of 2012 and had the 15" woofers (4) refoamed at Millersound by Bill LeGall as well as the 12" bass couplers right after, at a cost of $375.00. ( MY ASKING PRICE IS FIRM!! ) These are Audiophile Grade Loudspeakers and will work in any home audio set-up that is of quality.

These were ordered and built as a kit from VMPS so I have the parts build manual. Very important to have for recapping upgrades etc. The cabinets and drivers are in great shape, but if I were to keep them I probably would opt to recap the upper end.

These require a quality big power amp to sound their best, 200-250 IMHO ... also they sound best bi-wired with a double run of cables.
*** They are in my basement audio room, so getting them upstairs will require two men and a hand dolly ... along with a van or pick-up truck!!"

Stimpy

« Reply #885 on: 2 Feb 2018, 10:23 pm »
VMPS Passive Subwoofer Speaker (For Repair or Parts - Nice Cabinet)  -  (Clear Lake, MN)  $35

https://stcloud.craigslist.org/for/d/vmps-passive-subwoofer/6471866862.html

"This is a 12" diameter in-home non-powered subwoofer with a 12" active radiator in front and a 12" passive radiator in bottom. VMPS calls it their "Smaller Subwoofer." It measures 16" wide, 16" deep and 27" tall with a nice walnut top.

The active speaker in this unit needs to be repaired or replaced. The foam surround which holds the cone in place has deteriorated and needs to be replaced. Midwest Speaker Repair in Minneapolis does this kind of work. If you have an existing 12 inch speaker and need a cabinet for it, you could simply replace the entire speaker with your speaker and get a nice working subwoofer."

Stimpy

« Reply #886 on: 2 Feb 2018, 11:11 pm »
Nice pair of VMPS 12" Woofers & Beautiful VMPS 15" Speaker  -  (Griswold, CT)  $95 & $75

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/ele/d/nice-pair-of-vmps-12-woofers/6477221826.html

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/ele/d/beautiful-vmps-15-speaker/6477247625.html

"Here are 2 beautiful sounding 12" woofers that came out of a VMPS high end audio speaker cabinet. Look at pics closely and you"ll see that 1 of the speakers no longer has the cardboard piece around its diameter. It still works perfectly. I have a TRU Audio subwoofer. I removed the original 12" driver and tried these 2 speakers out in the Tru Audio cabinet. They sounded awesome......actually beyond awesome! Remember though, that these were not designed to be subwoofers, They can be a replacement for any 12" driver ( Speaker ).

These each have a magnet on them that weighs about 20 LBS!

Low Price for both--------$95.00

Check out my other ad for a 15" VMPS subwoofer, speaker only"

"Great Looking and sounding 15" subwoofer made by VMPS. Check them out on the web and you will see how great these speakers are. This came out of a subwoofer called the "Big Boy". It was a subwoofer made by VMPS that had 2 of these 15" woofers in it. It weighed about 200 lbs, and it produced bass that was nothing short of wicked cool!

A steal at only $75"

spitfun

« Reply #887 on: 14 Feb 2018, 03:39 pm »
NO LONGER FOR SALE...
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2018, 04:18 am by spitfun »

Stimpy

« Reply #888 on: 14 Feb 2018, 04:29 pm »
I was just about to post this auction!  You saved me the trouble.  Thanks.  GLWTS.   :D

I have decided to sell my SuperTower III's. I sold a pair awhile back and kept these as they had all of the upgrades. These have had ALL the drivers and the passives (CSS brand)) upgraded with the exception of the top 10" and the supertweeters. I bought all of the drivers upgrades directly from Brian Cheney before his passing (I figure it cost me at least $1000.00 to upgrade all of them including the passives). The pictures of the passives was just to show the difference between the stock ones and the CSS upgrades. These do not come up for sale often and certainly not in this condition with these upgrades.  $4000.00 takes em' and bring help to pick them up-I have a bad back!! They are located in Allen Park,Michigan. Call Rich at 313-377-9542

Stimpy

« Reply #889 on: 14 Feb 2018, 04:36 pm »
"VMPS" Floorstanding Speakers; Pair "RM-40" - (VMPS Based.  I'd Call Them RM-20's).  -  (Broomfield, Colorado)  $950.97

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Floorstanding-Speakers-Pair-RM-40/323039709640?hash=item4b36aac9c8:g:riIAAOSwW9Rab4~5

"Product: "VMPS" Floorstanding Speakers; Pair (Similar to RM-40). These speakers were made using remaining VMPS cabinets and parts after the passing of Brian Cheney. The person who made the speakers is an independent dealer who bought the remaining assets of the VMPS Warehouse. As such, while they share many of the design and sonic characteristics of VMPS speakers (most similar to the RM40's" they are not technically "VMPS" speakers.
Product SKU: 3083R

Cosmetic Description: 7/10 Very good cosmetic condition with some minor visible cosmetic wear including minor scratches and rubbing on the front, particularly around the midrange drivers. The sides and top show very light scratches.

What is Included: One pair of speakers as shown

Functional Notes: Operational condition of this item is excellent, fully tested and no issues found.

# of Owners: 1

Tobacco Exposure: none

Service History: none

Other Notes: These speakers are one of a kind. What we know about them: They were among Brian Cheney's VMPS inventory which was all liquidated as a lot. They are in the same cabinets as the RM-40s and share the same drivers (though these have fewer). The sound is everything you would expect from VMPS - A big full-range with deep bass, but very refined throughout the upper frequencies. Very life-like with a huge soundstage. You'll want t a big listening room for these, but with a little time invested in set-up, you can truly achieve world-class performance from these. The cabinets are as dense as they come... each speaker weighs about 250 lbs.

Shipping: Shipping within the Continental USA is approximately $399. This includes securing to a pallet with adequate protection and shipping via FedEx Freight to a residential address anywhere in the Continental USA. This rate can be reduced by $60 if a commercial delivery address available or if item can be picked up at nearest FedEx Freight depot. FedEx Freight charges a residential delivery fee otherwise which is included in our flat rate charge."

AVB

« Reply #890 on: 15 Feb 2018, 01:32 pm »
I have decided to sell my SuperTower III's. I sold a pair awhile back and kept these as they had all of the upgrades. These have had ALL the drivers and the passives (CSS brand)) upgraded with the exception of the top 10" and the supertweeters. I bought all of the drivers upgrades directly from Brian Cheney before his passing (I figure it cost me at least $1000.00 to upgrade all of them including the passives). The pictures of the passives was just to show the difference between the stock ones and the CSS upgrades. These do not come up for sale often and certainly not in this condition with these upgrades.  $4000.00 takes em' and bring help to pick them up-I have a bad back!! They are located in Allen Park,Michigan. Call Rich at 313-377-9542

Has anybody ever seen a red surround on a VMPS speaker before?

spitfun

« Reply #891 on: 16 Feb 2018, 12:41 am »
I put those on,I figured you couldn't see them anyway and now the CSS units have since replaced them. Rich

Stimpy

« Reply #892 on: 21 Feb 2018, 03:36 pm »
RM40’s VMPS Ribbon Moniters for Sale  -  (Portland, Oregon)  -  $2500 OB / $3500 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RM40-s-VMPS-Ribbon-Moniters-for-Sale/112822473072?hash=item1a44be5170:g:sJYAAOSwI~taWmJ4

"Purchased from the original VMPS dealer. Made by his hands. (2 Speakers Included) Local pick up only. In excellent and working condition. The sound is incredible as it sounds like you are at the concert and the symphony is right there with you.

All of the details regarding the year, make, and model are in the pictures."

Stimpy

« Reply #893 on: 21 Feb 2018, 03:40 pm »
PRICE DROP  -  $692.01  BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Floorstanding-Speakers-Pair-RM-40/323039709640?hash=item4b36aac9c8:g:riIAAOSwW9Rab4~5&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

"VMPS" Floorstanding Speakers; Pair "RM-40" - (VMPS Based.  I'd Call Them RM-20's).  -  (Broomfield, Colorado)  $950.97

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Floorstanding-Speakers-Pair-RM-40/323039709640?hash=item4b36aac9c8:g:riIAAOSwW9Rab4~5

"Product: "VMPS" Floorstanding Speakers; Pair (Similar to RM-40). These speakers were made using remaining VMPS cabinets and parts after the passing of Brian Cheney. The person who made the speakers is an independent dealer who bought the remaining assets of the VMPS Warehouse. As such, while they share many of the design and sonic characteristics of VMPS speakers (most similar to the RM40's" they are not technically "VMPS" speakers.
Product SKU: 3083R

Cosmetic Description: 7/10 Very good cosmetic condition with some minor visible cosmetic wear including minor scratches and rubbing on the front, particularly around the midrange drivers. The sides and top show very light scratches.

What is Included: One pair of speakers as shown

Functional Notes: Operational condition of this item is excellent, fully tested and no issues found.

# of Owners: 1

Tobacco Exposure: none

Service History: none

Other Notes: These speakers are one of a kind. What we know about them: They were among Brian Cheney's VMPS inventory which was all liquidated as a lot. They are in the same cabinets as the RM-40s and share the same drivers (though these have fewer). The sound is everything you would expect from VMPS - A big full-range with deep bass, but very refined throughout the upper frequencies. Very life-like with a huge soundstage. You'll want t a big listening room for these, but with a little time invested in set-up, you can truly achieve world-class performance from these. The cabinets are as dense as they come... each speaker weighs about 250 lbs.

Shipping: Shipping within the Continental USA is approximately $399. This includes securing to a pallet with adequate protection and shipping via FedEx Freight to a residential address anywhere in the Continental USA. This rate can be reduced by $60 if a commercial delivery address available or if item can be picked up at nearest FedEx Freight depot. FedEx Freight charges a residential delivery fee otherwise which is included in our flat rate charge."

Stimpy

« Reply #894 on: 21 Feb 2018, 04:00 pm »
VMPS FF1-High End Speakers  -  (Deer Point, FL)  $900

https://panamacity.craigslist.org/ele/d/vmps-ff1-high-end-speakers/6500653975.html

WEB PICTURE

"We have the paperwork that goes with them & are the original owners. Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!

VMPS FF1 speakers (2)- with Dynapleat drivers-$900"

avguytx

« Reply #895 on: 12 Mar 2018, 09:04 pm »
@Stimpy I'm new here and had a question about some FF1's and VMPS in general.  I guess being new, I can't PM anyone yet so maybe this will work.  Please message me if so or, if that doesn't work, email me at yahoo using my user name.  Thanks!

Stimpy

« Reply #896 on: 15 Mar 2018, 08:42 pm »
@Stimpy I'm new here and had a question about some FF1's and VMPS in general.  I guess being new, I can't PM anyone yet so maybe this will work.  Please message me if so or, if that doesn't work, email me at yahoo using my user name.  Thanks!

Replied to.  Nice guy as well.  Welcome.   :D

Stimpy

« Reply #897 on: 15 Mar 2018, 08:48 pm »
VMPS Super Tower IIa/R Loudspeakers (pair)  -  (Carson, California)  $2500 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Super-Tower-IIa-R-Loudspeakers-pair/302660478272?hash=item4677f86540:g:4jEAAOSwbDFanhKc

" VMPS Super Tower IIa/R Floor-Standing Loudspeaker Specifications:

THD with 1W drive, 50Hz-30kHz: less than 0.25%
    Low frequency cutoff: 17Hz (-3dB)
    Subwoofers: 2 x 15", slot-loaded, one active, one mass-loaded PR
    Low bass: 1 x 15" and 1 x 12" with high magnetic damping
    Midbass: 2 x 12" special polypropylene
    Midrange: 3 x 5" polypropylene, 1 x butyl surround, staggered resonances and compliances
    Tweeter: 5 x 1" soft domes, high-efficiency
    Super tweeters: high efficiency ribbon
    Crossovers: 80Hz, 200Hz, 600Hz, 5kHz, 10kHz, mylar and polypropylene capacitors throughout
    Power requirements: 20W-500W RMS, biampable; in biamp operation bass 500W, mid/treble 350W
    Impedence: 6 Ohms (bass section 6 ohms, mid-treble section 6 ohms in biamp use)
    Dimensions: each speaker is 76" tall, 21.5" wide, 17" deep
    Weight is just under 300 pounds each
    Cabinet: genuine oak veneer
    Grills included (not pictured)

Local pick-up only in Carson, CA (Los Angeles County)"

Stimpy

« Reply #898 on: 15 Mar 2018, 08:55 pm »
REPOST & PRICE DROP  -  $2499   :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RM40-s-VMPS-Ribbon-Moniters-for-Sale/112860393398?hash=item1a4700efb6:g:sJYAAOSwI~taWmJ4

RM40’s VMPS Ribbon Moniters for Sale  -  (Portland, Oregon)  -  $2500 OB / $3500 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RM40-s-VMPS-Ribbon-Moniters-for-Sale/112822473072?hash=item1a44be5170:g:sJYAAOSwI~taWmJ4

"Purchased from the original VMPS dealer. Made by his hands. (2 Speakers Included) Local pick up only. In excellent and working condition. The sound is incredible as it sounds like you are at the concert and the symphony is right there with you.

All of the details regarding the year, make, and model are in the pictures."

Stimpy

« Reply #899 on: 15 Mar 2018, 09:03 pm »
Beautiful VMPS 15" Speaker  - (Griswold, CT)  $75

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/ele/d/beautiful-vmps-15-speaker/6477247625.html

"Great Looking and sounding 15" subwoofer made by VMPS. Check them out on the web and you will see how great these speakers are. This came out of a subwoofer called the "Big Boy". It was a subwoofer made by VMPS that had 2 of these 15" woofers in it. It weighed about 200 lbs, and it produced bass that was nothing short of wicked cool!"