Timbernation

JoshK

Re: Timbernation
« Reply #40 on: 11 May 2009, 02:05 am »
Indeed.

ssglx

« Reply #41 on: 11 May 2009, 02:13 am »
Just relaying my experiences. Chris at Timbernation has made several Maple platforms for me. Each of them turned out very nice, delivered quickly and at a good price.

I would definitely use Timbernation again.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2009, 03:05 am »
Maybe he is a crazy guy that builds good furniture, but I would prefer to purchase Salk Signature Sound custom audio racks and cabinets, should such furniture ever become available.

Actually, in this thread Jim showcases the type of furniture you desribe.  :thumb:

Have fun,
Jerry

tdangelo

« Reply #43 on: 28 May 2009, 10:57 pm »
delete - more later..

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #44 on: 29 May 2009, 08:54 pm »
I own three maple bases made by Chris. Entire transaction went well and I would buy from him again.

I skimmed some of the other threads, and clearly the human interaction went in a bad direction. I'm sorry to see either party having to go through this experience.

But based on my experience, he builds a nice product for the price.

Kent

mcallister

« Reply #45 on: 30 May 2009, 03:01 pm »
check out this thread I started and decide for yourself based on the pictures ;)  I hate to point it out but Timbernation's attitude is that I should lower my standards to appease him!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=67334.0

Jesus that is the oddest thread I've ever read. Thanks for the link I will definitely not be doing business with Timbernation ever in the future. Wow!

Jeff M

« Reply #46 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:53 am »
This is one that I made. I have been a woodworker for some time now. Amp/TT platforms are a walk in the park.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #47 on: 27 Jun 2009, 04:52 pm »
floresjc is wanting to get a good rack
he's actually started 3 or 4 threads on isolation
and gotten a lot of responses

personally I would buy a salamander synergy twin or a steve blinn design off audiogon

then I would get some custom isolation from Silent Running Audio when you can afford it
the VR series are great for isolation at a reasonable cost

here are some comments from owners

http://www.silentrunningaudio.com/AudioIsolationReviews/sra_Audiophiles-speak.htm

then I would sit back and enjoy the even better enhanced sonics

Jeff M

« Reply #48 on: 27 Jun 2009, 05:15 pm »
" I would buy a salamander synergy twin or a steve blinn design off audiogon"

I guess us little guys that put alot of work into them don't have a chance. Better off getting one that is made from mass production cnc work and prefab materials.  :(

kgturner

« Reply #49 on: 27 Jun 2009, 05:18 pm »
i can't speak to timbernation as i've never purchased anything from them before, but after witnessing chris's behavior in the other thread, i likely never will.

i can tell you that core audio designs racks are beautiful and i very much enjoy mine. they also sell a variety of speaker stands as well. arnold is a pleasure to deal with as well.

http://coreaudiodesigns.com

kevin t

srb

« Reply #50 on: 27 Jun 2009, 05:34 pm »
I guess us little guys that put alot of work into them don't have a chance. Better off getting one that is made from mass production cnc work and prefab materials.  :(

Exactly.  Unless you want gorgeous solid hardwood, awesomely finished and built to last a lifetime.

Nice work, Jeff.

Steve

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #51 on: 27 Jun 2009, 06:59 pm »
Jeff, ditto what Steve said.

If you're indeed wanting to market yourself here, you should put a line in your signature to that effect. "Advertise" yourself. Maybe with a link to photos of the items you've created.
You work is splendid, absolutely spectacular. Not sure what you'd charge for the rack pictured above, but I'd be honored to have your work in my home (but no, I am not in need of a rack).  :wink:

Bob

floresjc

« Reply #52 on: 29 Jun 2009, 02:55 am »
Anyone know how to get ahold of Jeff? That rack is just beautiful. I sent him a PM but no response so far.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #53 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:05 am »
Anyone know how to get ahold of Jeff? That rack is just beautiful. I sent him a PM but no response so far.

Jeff has this rack for sale on Audiogon:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accsrack&1248815157&/Stunning-Curly-Maple

Gene

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:51 pm »
He just built it and gives it a condition of 8/10?  :scratch:

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #55 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:13 pm »
Did you see THIS THREAD?

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #56 on: 29 Jun 2009, 06:57 pm »
He just built it and gives it a condition of 8/10?  :scratch:

Bob

I looked into getting this rack from Jeff a couple of weeks ago. He said it was NOT new.

Gene

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 29 Jun 2009, 09:28 pm »
Oops. Sorry, an assumption on part.  :oops:

Jeff M

« Reply #58 on: 29 Jun 2009, 09:35 pm »
Hi guys, didn't want to hijack this thread anymore. It is for sale here as well as agon. Cheaper on here :wink:. It is rated an 8 because it is handmade and afterall, I am human, so it is not 100% perfect. I made it not too long ago, but the wood is probably 150 years old 8). I would like to sell this before I make anymore. Have to go to a car show, but will check or answer any inquiries when I get back.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #59 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:00 pm »
jeffm wrote

I guess us little guys that put alot of work into them don't have a chance. Better off getting one that is made from mass production cnc work and prefab materials. 

that rack you show is beautiful - hand made
obviously you have a gift. My mention wasn't to ward off potential buyers to something mass produced but to mention some readily available stuff that would work

If I were the original poster I would certainly look into your work Jeff - it's gorgeous. It Would complement a pair of salks nicely