« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2016, 11:15 pm »
CanMania will be back in 2016
website updated
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p3081.html

Yea!!!  :)   Good job guys.

pelliott321

Re: 2016 Capital Audiofest
« Reply #22 on: 15 Feb 2016, 12:17 am »
We are trying to do the best we can. This will be the seventh year. The show has grown each year, not fast enough for us but we are working hard to grow the show. The most important is to get the numbers of visitors up.
It is a bit of a catch 22. Vendors want more visitors and the visitors want more vendors. A chicken and egg thingy
Paul

dB Cooper

« Reply #23 on: 15 Feb 2016, 03:01 am »
Perhaps a little guerrilla marketing is in order? Call/write/email that manufacturer whose products you've always wanted to hear, but never have, and ask them if they're exhibiting? Hmmmm.....

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #24 on: 15 Feb 2016, 07:17 am »
Vendors want more visitors and the visitors want more vendors.

Visitors want more freebies, T-shirts. Some of us got used to snatching branded T-shirts from rooms. Kudos to VPI for handing out slipmats.

pelliott321

« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb 2016, 11:31 am »
We have a marketing team that persue the vendors. We went to RMAF to promote CAF, and there are plans to go to AXPONA ALSO.
We gave away many tee's last year and we are looking for sponsors for more freebies this year.
We are a rolling stone!

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 15 Feb 2016, 05:56 pm »
We have a marketing team that persue the vendors. We went to RMAF to promote CAF, and there are plans to go to AXPONA ALSO.
We gave away many tee's last year and we are looking for sponsors for more freebies this year.
We are a rolling stone!

I'm talking about stuff you received just by showing up in the room. Vendors like "The Voice That is" giving away T-shirts. I can't remember who the vendor was but they made T-shirts with blank shirts and a big ink roller. VPI's slipmats. Things like that.

pelliott321

« Reply #27 on: 15 Feb 2016, 06:08 pm »
That was Zu Audio. He does that at every show I have seen him at.  Zu Audio was at 2014 CAF but not at 2015 CAF because of scheduling conflicts. Lets hope he comes this year so you can get something free.
What the Vendors do is up to them. CAF has no control what the Vendor decide to give away.
We do have Vendors that give equipment and/or cables/etc for the raffle

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 16 Feb 2016, 05:21 am »
Bring back that jazz singer.

Not that I'm into her music: I just think she's purty.

:inlove:

pelliott321

« Reply #29 on: 16 Feb 2016, 10:54 am »
I am pretty sure Lyn Stanley will not be back but there will be a naked jazz band, not

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #30 on: 16 Feb 2016, 01:21 pm »
This year I will attend with the wife come hell or high water.
Swag is good, even a key fob in the shape of a vacuum tube or something.

pelliott321

« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb 2016, 01:36 pm »
Hey are you the Steve ford with 4 or 5 Buels that I bought Maggy llla's from?
I still have the maggy's

dB Cooper

« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2016, 02:03 pm »
Perhaps a little guerrilla marketing is in order? Call/write/email that manufacturer whose products you've always wanted to hear, but never have, and ask them if they're exhibiting? Hmmmm.....

My suggestion was that we, the audience, contact manufacturers we'd like to see there. I'd like to hear Von Schweikert, Vandersteen, Ohm Walsh for example. Just ask 'em if they'll be there. Plant the seed, y'know?

pelliott321

« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb 2016, 02:13 pm »
That's an interesting idea db, I do not how it will work.
The big manufacturers work though dealers and the local dealers come to the show with support from the ma ufacturers. We have most of the local dealers coming to to show. It's a tuff nut to crack
Christina, our sales rep has been in the business quite awhile and knows them all.

Phil A

« Reply #34 on: 16 Feb 2016, 03:21 pm »
Ohm sells factory direct.  I bought a pair of Microwalsh Talls for a secondary system.  Excellent speakers for the money.

Phil A

« Reply #35 on: 16 Feb 2016, 03:24 pm »
I understand why a dealer who may not be local would want to come.  But perhaps one could ask those manufacturers who sell direct - e.g. Emotiva, Axiom, etc.  I don't think it could hurt to ask.  All they can say is no.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #36 on: 16 Feb 2016, 03:52 pm »
Unfortunately I think I will be in Iceland at that time -- family vacation.  I enjoyed it last year.  Somebody else should arrange the steak dinner out.  My 14 year old to be says we are going to check out a death metal concert in Reykjavik. :banghead: :rock:  That will be my music appreciation for the week.   :no_hear: Wink2

Good luck.  I hope the crowd is bigger and I think it will be.  Second year at the venue and canjam should bring more people in.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 16 Feb 2016, 03:53 pm »
Unfortunately I think I will be in Iceland at that time -- family vacation.  I enjoyed it last year.  Somebody else should arrange the steak dinner out.  My 14 year old to be says we are going to check out a death metal concert in Reykjavik. :banghead: :rock:  That will be my music appreciation for the week.   :no_hear: Wink2

Good luck.  I hope the crowd is bigger and I think it will be.  Second year at the venue and canjam should bring more people in.   :thumb:
RMAF this year or does the wife have you locked away again?   :lol:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #38 on: 16 Feb 2016, 04:09 pm »
RMAF this year or does the wife have you locked away again?   :lol:

I will be in Denver.  Shanahan's too. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 16 Feb 2016, 04:10 pm »
I will be in Denver. 
:thumb:

Shanahan's too.