BOT..?

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
BOT..?
« on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:36 am »
  James was wondering it the new replacement drive has been chosen for the BOT..... :scratch: :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BOT..?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:20 am »
  James was wondering it the new replacement drive has been chosen for the BOT..... :scratch: :thumb:

I think so - will ask Chris to comment.

james

redbook

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2018, 07:02 pm »
Thanks James... :thumb:

srb

Re: BOT New Replacement Drive Chosen?
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2018, 07:30 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how totally non-descriptive titles are chosen for topics.

I suppose "BOT...?" is marginally better than "Question for James ...", but not by much.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:25 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how totally non-descriptive titles are chosen for topics.

I suppose "BOT...?" is marginally better than "Question for James ...", but not by much.

It’s a special club with secret words and meanings  :lol:

James

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm »
He could have asked in an existing thread that 50+ pages long ;)

It'll be LG DVD drive, requires minimal changes to the existing metal work, is compatible with the existing electronics and the DVD drive should do a better job reading certain audio CDs that the Blu-ray drive in the old model had difficulties with.  Also any support for Blu-ray audio is likley dashed and just after I bought the 2l Blu-ray :( oh well.  It hasn't been finalized yet, but it's likley the drive that will be used assuming there is an enormous uproar along with a suggested drive.

Cheers

R. Daneel

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2018, 08:19 am »
Hi Chris!

Just keep in mind some batches of LG DVD drives have reversed channels. So the left channel will be on the right side and vice-versa. They will play audio CDs as such and they will rip them as such - incorrectly.

I ripped a few CDs this way only to discover what had happened. It caused a serious amount of confusion on my part. Finally, I was able to identify the problem and it was in the LG DVD drive.

Cheers!
Antun
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2018, 10:17 am by R. Daneel »

redbook

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2018, 09:42 pm »

...So what's your point ?

redbook

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2018, 09:43 pm »
He could have asked in an existing thread that 50+ pages long ;)

It'll be LG DVD drive, requires minimal changes to the existing metal work, is compatible with the existing electronics and the DVD drive should do a better job reading certain audio CDs that the Blu-ray drive in the old model had difficulties with.  Also any support for Blu-ray audio is likley dashed and just after I bought the 2l Blu-ray :( oh well.  It hasn't been finalized yet, but it's likley the drive that will be used assuming there is an enormous uproar along with a suggested drive.
...Thanks  good to hear a suitable  one was found..bravo. :thumb:
Cheers