Symphonic Line Kraft 250/300

Dracule1

• Volunteer
Symphonic Line Kraft 250/300
« on: 4 Jul 2017, 05:44 am »
Hi, anyone own or heard these ultra high end amps?  I was on their website and got confused with different versions.  My understanding is Oddyssey amps are based on symphonic line, but how much better can they be given the huge price difference.

AlTran

Re: Symphonic Line Kraft 250/300
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2017, 07:26 pm »
I've never heard one yet but I already order a pair of Kraft 250 mono blocks and will arrive by end of this year.

tvyankee

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2017, 08:15 pm »
Hey.

This may not mean much but a long time age I heard that line when Klaus was doing it and not sure if he still is but I feel like it was really good but I don't feel like it was called Kraft.

Anyway if he is still part of it you can't go wrong.  Hes a stand up guy.

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2017, 01:07 am »
I'm pretty sure Klaus is still involved with Symphonic Line. :thumb:

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-symphonicline.html

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2017, 01:42 am »
I've never heard one yet but I already order a pair of Kraft 250 mono blocks and will arrive by end of this year.

Hi, just wondering what compelled you order them without ever hearing them. I thought those were over $20k or something like that.  And why does it take 6 months to get them?  I always get leery when a manufacturer takes such a long time to deliver a product after you send them tens of thousands of dollars.

JackD

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2017, 04:18 am »
They are not a stocked item anywhere in the U.S. so Klaus has to order them from Germany.  They are delivered based on availability and demand in Europe. Klaus has been the SL distributor for the Americas for almost 25 years so Al Tran, who is a long time Odyssey customer, has nothing to worry about.  If you're that concerned then they may not be for you.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2017, 04:26 am »
The question as to what is different ????  Everything, and in every single regard !!!  Keep in mind that our amps are mini-me Kraft's,  but the 250 / 300's are just beasts !!!!  In my lifetime I have heard 3 amps that I regard as the best,  which are the Kraft's, the CAT sig's,  and the Lamm hybrids....ss, tube, hybrid, and all are very similar...now,  I also know Rolf, Ken, and Vladimir, and how they approach listening, tweaking and testing,  and all 3 amps have been matured over the years,  which to me is the real success of all world-class gear.....

As for Al...well,  I have a used pair here that I'll upgrade for him to current status,  and I promised him this pair a while back,  but he knows that he has to wait a bit longer,  as I'm still HAMMERED.......

Late,

Klaus

AlTran

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jul 2017, 05:02 am »
Klaus has always been offering the best stuffs for me and his customers. I have no doubt in his products and any recommendations he's given me. I trus Klaus for everything and whatever price he said then that would be what I pay. I purchased the Liquids without listening to them and the result is that they are the best speakers I've ever own, they are in my main system. I purchased the Suspiro SE Kismet phono stage without listen to it and by far it is the best phono I've heard. Kraft 250, whenever and no matter how long the wait, I don't mind, as I know exactly how busy Klaus is at the moment. I know that good things is always worth waiting for. Besides I'm currently using the a latest Belcanto for my source and it is sounding extremely great. One note, in this day, many of us are buying things online without even know exactly what they are. For me is very simple, if I don't try I won't know what it is.

A_shah

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jul 2017, 08:25 am »
Klaus has always been offering the best stuffs for me and his customers. I have no doubt in his products and any recommendations he's given me. I trus Klaus for everything and whatever price he said then that would be what I pay. I purchased the Liquids without listening to them and the result is that they are the best speakers I've ever own, they are in my main system. I purchased the Suspiro SE Kismet phono stage without listen to it and by far it is the best phono I've heard. Kraft 250, whenever and no matter how long the wait, I don't mind, as I know exactly how busy Klaus is at the moment. I know that good things is always worth waiting for. Besides I'm currently using the a latest Belcanto for my source and it is sounding extremely great. One note, in this day, many of us are buying things online without even know exactly what they are. For me is very simple, if I don't try I won't know what it is.
I am sure Klaus must have given you a pretty good price on these, they do have some Youtube videos on symphony line  Kraft 250/300

AlTran

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jul 2017, 04:17 pm »
Klaus is the most generous man I've ever known. His prices for the Odyssey already at a huge discount & he's more than kind to offer additional discount for many customers. I have no doubt that every prices he names will be a discounted regardless. Thanks Klaus once again.