Synergy 450 with outboard power supply

WGH

Synergy 450 with outboard power supply
« on: 3 May 2015, 10:44 pm »
Introducing the new Synergy 450 with optional outboard P8 power supply (slab is extra).

• No more worries about what power cord to use, this baby is wired directly to the grid.
  • Unlimited headroom into any load
  • New 30 amp fuses included

Actually we were just packing up after a listening session at Ken's. We started listening to an Ultra 70 rebuild powering a pair of Spacial Hologram M1 Turbo speakers (4Ω nominal, 95dB) with excellent results but because I have the Synergy 450 we just had to go there. The Synergy doubles down into 4Ω so we were playing with 450 watts/channel.

The sound of both amps were amazingly similar and at low volumes it would be very hard to tell them apart. With a little volume the most obvious difference was the bass was tighter and punchy with very good control and there was a sense of unlimited dynamics and headroom. The midrange and treble never got shouty or shrill with either amp and we all had a good time.

Wayne

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Synergy 450 with outboard power supply
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2015, 11:07 pm »
 :lol: :thumb:

That's funny. My Synergy 240/3 is sitting in Captainhemo's system right now. I'll have to see what photo opp I can come up with tomorrow when I listen to his speakers.

Michael

Paret

• Keller, TX
Re: Synergy 450 with outboard power supply
« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2015, 07:05 pm »
Synergy 450 is a beast.
Mine is getting better with use. About a year now and couldn't be happier.

Frank is Da Man.

:thumb:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX USA