Selling my Pass amp

Mr Peabody

Selling my Pass amp
« on: 26 Sep 2015, 06:29 pm »
I wasn't looking to change amps but I was loaned a Levinson 532h to listen to, funny how something so innocent....., I was really smitten by the amp.  It's not a typical Levinson with high current that doubles down into 4 ohms etc.  The H series uses banks of small capacitors opposed to the super large can type, this gives the amp a nice fast transient sound, it's also transparent with a musical coherence coming closer to a live performance.

The Pass leans more romantic with more colorations or shadings by comparison.  The 532h still has good micor/macro  dynamic though.  The Pass bass is more controlled and not as prominent by comparison.  Pass seems to focus on the midrange, but definitely not bass shy.  I love this Pass amp but miss that excitement the 532h brought to the music.  The 532h is able to be quick and powerful without any fatigue or harshness as well.  I was really caught by surprise.

If anyone is interested in checking out by Pass X250 let me know, it will be on the gon soon.  I listed it here at AC.

It's difficult to describe the character of the 532h I fell in love with.  If you saw an earlier post I had the Veritas in for audition, they were also very fast and accurate but didn't hit my emotions like the 532h.

Lucidear

Re: Selling my Pass amp
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2016, 06:00 pm »
Good info, I recently picked up a 532h as well.
Thank you

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Selling my Pass amp
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2016, 06:43 pm »
PM sent.

Old post.    :duh:
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2016, 10:03 pm by thunderbrick »