Original SED EL34 at Radio Electric Supply

6L6PPP

Original SED EL34 at Radio Electric Supply
« on: 8 Dec 2015, 08:48 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am a tube guy and I was ordering some 6CG7 tubes today and had a talk with Dale the owner of RES.

We were talking about 6L6G's and I asked how many he was selling anymore. Answer not many .... but he happened to mention he has a huge supply of the original SED EL34's. I don't use this tube and I have no connection with RES. But, I wanted to pass this along to any tube guys that do use the EL34. Dale is selling them for $36 per tube.

http://www.vacuumtubes.net/contact.htm
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2015, 06:15 pm by 6L6PPP »

6L6PPP

Re: Original SED EL34 at Radio Electric Supply
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2015, 04:12 pm »
A member emailed me and said the tubes are $50 on the website and they are. But, Dale will sell them for $36 if you call. I called Dale back to make sure I did not misunderstand him. He is overstocked on these and wants to get his inventory down. So, yes the tubes are $36 each for now.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2015, 05:18 pm »
Thanks! My experience is these are reliable, able to handle abuse (you can run them way past EL34 max dissipation specs with no issues) and sound great too.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2015, 07:21 pm »
Confirmed.

I e-mailed, ordered on line per instruction, was invoiced on Paypal and paid for a matched pair and a matched quad at $36 each.  He didn't charge extra for matching and I will test the tubes and see if they are well matched or not when I get them.  Shipping for 6 tubes is $8 and he didn't charge me for paypal fee.   

Thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

Chris Adams

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2015, 08:00 pm »
Just spoke with Dale, he was very polite and informative.  I ordered two matched quads. :thumb: