Bryston Headphone Interface

Napalm

Re: Bryston Headphone Interface
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2011, 07:26 pm »
No you would come out of the tape out on your preamp to the rca input on the BHA-1.

james

Confess it James, you're thinking full size unit? Not a portable one?

I guess a portable one would have more appeal.

Nap.

Rupret

« Reply #21 on: 14 Feb 2011, 07:37 pm »
Crossfeed we are looking at - balanced outs to where - you mean an XLR output for the headphones?  - if so that's covered :)

james

Balanced XLR ... connects to the Sennheiser HD 800 Balanced headphones hated by Napalm.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 14 Feb 2011, 07:37 pm »
Confess it James, you're thinking full size unit? Not a portable one?

I guess a portable one would have more appeal.

Nap.

Hi Nap,

Yes I was thinking of a quality piece that could be added to an existing system rather than an independent unit.

james

Napalm

« Reply #23 on: 14 Feb 2011, 07:40 pm »
Hi Nap,

Yes I was thinking of a quality piece that could be added to an existing system rather than an independent unit.

james

Well, I already have a 4B near my preamp, and since it's there I would play the speakers instead of the headphones....

How about smaller thing that you could also take with you in the office or while traveling/commuting?

Nap.

Bugsy

« Reply #24 on: 14 Feb 2011, 08:30 pm »
How about smaller thing that you could also take with you in the office or while traveling/commuting?

Nap.

Nap

This is what ya need http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/mp3-players/22573.aspx :P

Larry

Napalm

« Reply #25 on: 14 Feb 2011, 08:57 pm »
Balanced XLR ... connects to the Sennheiser HD 800 Balanced headphones hated by Napalm.

Naahh... I don't hate them... I only hate unpleasant compulsory stuff like taxes....

Nap.  :D

Napalm

« Reply #26 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:07 pm »
Nap

This is what ya need http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/mp3-players/22573.aspx :P

Larry

Thank you, for a really light setup I have these:

(Shock and horror! NAPALM HAZ SENHEIZR!)

(they work better without the ear pads lol)

Now when James said "amplifier" I was thinking full size big mofo headphones.

Nap.

Ozi

• If it don't weigh enough, it can't play enough
« Reply #27 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:13 pm »
James,

It seems like a very good idea to have two different power supply options, so the unit can be used by folk who don't own BP25/26. Also, BP25/26 owners would benefit from powering the headphone unit via MPS2. As there are more and more volk who listen only quality source via top headphones today (no amp and speakers), I believe the unit could have positive effect on BDA-1 sale, which is great for you.

Personally, I would like to have more serious headphone amp to drive my Grado RS-1 and as you are company which knows how things should be amplified, I would be very interested to own BHA-1 or whatever you call it.. :)

Best,
oz.

Rupret

« Reply #28 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:21 pm »
Thank you, for a really light setup I have these:

(Shock and horror! NAPALM HAZ SENHEIZR!)

(they work better without the ear pads lol)

Now when James said "amplifier" I was thinking full size big mofo headphones.

Nap.

I was having a good day until someone mentioned taxes.

Here's an option for portable headphone amps that will drive bigger headphones:

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers.php

Napalm

« Reply #29 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:28 pm »

I was having a good day until someone mentioned taxes.

Here's an option for portable headphone amps that will drive bigger headphones:

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers.php

James, can you make it the size/shape of a BR-2?

Nap.

Ozi

• If it don't weigh enough, it can't play enough
« Reply #30 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:33 pm »
Napalm,

this might suit your military taste... :)

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #31 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:37 pm »
May I suggest a pair of Skullcandy Skullcrushers and a ButtKicker LFE installed under your chair?

Nap.  :no_see:

You may. In fact I would expect no less from you than a suggestion like that, Nap. :lol:
But let's face it- nothing says " cavernous bass " like Dr. Dre Beats. ( Or would it be "Beatz",yo ) Manufactured by Monster so you know it's got to be good !  :roll:

D.

Diamond Dog

« Reply #32 on: 14 Feb 2011, 09:49 pm »
Hi Nap,

james

James:  I like the idea of a unit which I can run out of the tape loop on my existing preamp. I could probably live without it being tied to an MPS2 because there's a limit to what I would want to invest in a head amp when there are already a lot of nice units out there which would run a lot less $ than your proposed head amp/power suppy combo. The idea of devoting a full rack space to a head amp also would dampen my enthusiasm a fair bit, I'm afraid. I understand why you'd want to go full-size from the point of view of standardization but a head amp with a 17" or 19" faceplate and accompanying footprint would certainly set you apart from the competition in the head amp market and not necessarily in a good way IMHO. Just sayin'... :dunno:

D.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #33 on: 14 Feb 2011, 10:25 pm »
James:  I like the idea of a unit which I can run out of the tape loop on my existing preamp. I could probably live without it being tied to an MPS2 because there's a limit to what I would want to invest in a head amp when there are already a lot of nice units out there which would run a lot less $ than your proposed head amp/power suppy combo. The idea of devoting a full rack space to a head amp also would dampen my enthusiasm a fair bit, I'm afraid. I understand why you'd want to go full-size from the point of view of standardization but a head amp with a 17" or 19" faceplate and accompanying footprint would certainly set you apart from the competition in the head amp market and not necessarily in a good way IMHO. Just sayin'... :dunno:

D.

Hi Dog,

At this point the BHA would only have to be about 4 inches wide by 6 deep and about 2 inches high.  I was thinking of a small faceplate that would match the BP-26/MPS2 look?

james

Diamond Dog

« Reply #34 on: 14 Feb 2011, 10:31 pm »
Hi Dog,

At this point the BHA would only have to be about 4 inches wide by 6 deep and about 2 inches high.  I was thinking of a small faceplate that would match the BP-26/MPS2 look?

james

Now you're talkin' !   :thumb:

D.

Napalm

« Reply #35 on: 14 Feb 2011, 11:25 pm »
Napalm,

this might suit your military taste... :)

Must be from Saddam's cache   8)

nap.

larevoj

« Reply #36 on: 14 Feb 2011, 11:45 pm »
There is a GROWING trend for headphones or HeadFI  :D even out here in Asia~! I think the good old tube and vinyl is getting "fashionable" too :eyebrows:

James will it look like this?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #37 on: 14 Feb 2011, 11:52 pm »
There is a GROWING trend for headphones or HeadFI  :D even out here in Asia~! I think the good old tube and vinyl is getting "fashionable" too :eyebrows:

James will it look like this?

I was thinking soup can :D

James

Napalm

« Reply #38 on: 15 Feb 2011, 02:14 am »

I was thinking soup can :D

James

I'd save those for speakers:

Nap.  :green:

larevoj

« Reply #39 on: 15 Feb 2011, 02:30 am »
James, how about offering upgrades on the BP 26 headphone amplification section so folks can save some space on the rack??  :)