• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: BCD-3
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2017, 08:22 pm »

spinner

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2017, 09:17 pm »
James  how do I buy  a spare  drive  for the BCD3. I am getting the new player but  don't want to end up  in the situation  of not being able to fix it ( like the BCD1 ) thanks :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........

redbook

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2017, 09:26 pm »
James  how do I buy  a spare  drive  for the BCD3. I am getting the new player but  don't want to end up  in the situation  of not being able to fix it ( like the BCD1 ) thanks :thumb:
   I still haven't heard from  Mike  Picket about this same issue.... :scratch:...When I get the new unit I want to be prepared for any future repairs too. My BCD1 is  sooo good but  Phillips has let us down.. :evil:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2017, 01:07 am »
   I still haven't heard from  Mike  Picket about this same issue.... :scratch:...When I get the new unit I want to be prepared for any future repairs too. My BCD1 is  sooo good but  Phillips has let us down.. :evil:

Hi

Rattle Mikes cage again.

James

redbook

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jul 2017, 01:27 am »
 No luck with mike.... :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2017, 02:06 am »
No luck with mike.... :scratch:

Ok I will corner him tomorrow.

James

redbook

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2017, 01:24 pm »
 :lol: Thanks James..... :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 6 Jul 2017, 07:36 pm »
:lol: Thanks James..... :thumb:

Mike got back to you?

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator

redbook

« Reply #11 on: 6 Jul 2017, 08:41 pm »
Mike got back to you?

james
Yes he did ..thanks for your help .... :thumb:

rob80b

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2017, 11:45 am »

Joe Frances

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm »
I had a nice long listening session with the BCD 3 and I think it is a truly excellent CD player.  I love it in fact.  I wasn't prepared for it to be as good as it is.  I am biased toward SACD type players, but this one is so analog; so life-like; so natural you can easily fall in love.  I have very sensitive hearing, and hate almost everything.  it is not "bright" or forward or hard. I love the BCD-3.

redbook

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jul 2017, 01:06 am »
Thanks for the feed back.....happy to hear this since I am expecting my BCD3  within the next few days... :thumb:....and I'll be ordering a  spare drive as well... :lol:

redbook

« Reply #15 on: 5 Aug 2017, 07:42 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb:Well  I received my BCD3. Swapped it out for the BCD1 and " presto" the same great sound but  with a measure of refinement . The double chipset  offers more separation and and over all sense of space. It is subtle but a satisfying performance . The  bigger thing for me , in light of that , is the very smooth loader...I always missed this from my old Sony ES700. It  is a pleasure to just watch the tray go in and out :lol: So  thanks again to Dennis at the Vancouver Hi Fi Center for his expert advice ....he and  the "James Gang" have made me a happy camper : :banana piano:.

R. Daneel

« Reply #16 on: 8 Aug 2017, 06:30 pm »
:thumb: :thumb:Well  I received my BCD3. Swapped it out for the BCD1 and " presto" the same great sound but  with a measure of refinement . The double chipset  offers more separation and and over all sense of space. It is subtle but a satisfying performance . The  bigger thing for me , in light of that , is the very smooth loader...I always missed this from my old Sony ES700. It  is a pleasure to just watch the tray go in and out :lol: So  thanks again to Dennis at the Vancouver Hi Fi Center for his expert advice ....he and  the "James Gang" have made me a happy camper : :banana piano:.

Hi there!

Can you please tell me what's the rest of your system comprised of?

How do you find the disc loading times between BCD-1 and BCD-3? How about skipping tracks?

Cheers!
Antun

redbook

« Reply #17 on: 9 Aug 2017, 01:27 pm »
Yes, I have the 4B ST , BP25 amps...I run the cd  into an API 5500 equalizer to get correct the room anomalies....works great. My speakers are modified JBL 120  sitting on custom concrete stands. The BCD3 seems to load more quickly than  bcd1 and generally there are definite but subtle sound improvements...like a more focused base  even at very low volumes. I need more hours on the player yet to really know what happens next ....and I'm certain it will be good stuff.  :thumb: Going to order a spare drive from Bryston ( Stream Unlimited) so ,in the future ,  I won't be disappointed again for lack of repair parts :nono:....learned a lesson...LOL :lol:

R. Daneel

« Reply #18 on: 9 Aug 2017, 02:35 pm »
Yes, I have the 4B ST , BP25 amps...I run the cd  into an API 5500 equalizer to get correct the room anomalies....works great. My speakers are modified JBL 120  sitting on custom concrete stands. The BCD3 seems to load more quickly than  bcd1 and generally there are definite but subtle sound improvements...like a more focused base  even at very low volumes. I need more hours on the player yet to really know what happens next ....and I'm certain it will be good stuff.  :thumb: Going to order a spare drive from Bryston ( Stream Unlimited) so ,in the future ,  I won't be disappointed again for lack of repair parts :nono:....learned a lesson...LOL :lol:

That's great! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new BCD-3.

I would have expected it to sound drastically more resolving than the BCD-1 but then, that was an excellent player to begin with and I can imagine improving upon it was not an easy task.

Someone offered me a used BCD-1 for 1.000 Euro but I am reluctant because of everything you and others have said about buying a spare drive if that one breaks down.

Cheers!
Antun

redbook

« Reply #19 on: 9 Aug 2017, 04:18 pm »
I think that will increase with more miles on it.... in the mean time I'm so loving that much smoother tray action...makes the whole thing seem more classy ....good job  Bryston. :thumb: :thumb: