Your daily driver :)

coke

Re: Your daily driver :)
« Reply #220 on: 7 Jul 2017, 03:44 pm »
2016 Ford Fiesta ST

By far the most fun car I've ever owned. Excellent handling, surprising power (see below), great gas mileage (mid 30s), and very inexpensive (under $17k new after discounts).   I also really like how lots of torque is available at low RPM, which is unlike all other 4 cylinders I've owned.

Currently have a drop in filter and "stage 1" tune.  I just recently started experimenting with virtual dyno.  Not a lot of power, but it moves the 2,700 pound car fairly well, especially considering it's only a 1.6 L.  I expect the power to increase by a significant amount when I get a chance to test in cooler weather.  I also have parts on order to move this to a "stage 3", and will also be getting a pro tune.    Never had a car I enjoyed as much as this, and actually look forward to my work commute now :)

« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2017, 12:21 pm by coke »

mr_bill

« Reply #221 on: 7 Jul 2017, 03:51 pm »
My daily.  At least for now. 

That's a beauty - what is it?

Zero

« Reply #222 on: 11 Jul 2017, 04:45 am »
mr_bill -  Thanks!   It's a 17' Ford Mustang GT.

coke -  Love the Fiesta! The ST is a blast.

DtH_AngL

« Reply #223 on: 3 Aug 2017, 05:02 pm »
Sure! Here's mine...

Just got it back from my local shop after a suspension re-build, in fact.

gfroman

« Reply #224 on: 5 Aug 2017, 07:20 pm »
New floor mats and alcantara center console lid!
(Also added my Sig Sauer P232 pistol that conceals nicely in the driver door pocket below the arm rest.)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #225 on: 5 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm »
This is like mine... the exciting 2013 Camry!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #226 on: 2 Sep 2018, 11:55 pm »
Just picked up a 2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Aegean Blue.

This will be my car from October to March when the M3 is tucked away in the garage.

It is surprisingly fun to drive and I love rowing my own gears via the 6 speed manual.

Spent the morning detailing the car with one of my best friends and I think it looks sharp!

George

rockadanny

« Reply #227 on: 3 Sep 2018, 02:56 am »
Last several years working from home I drove weekly, not daily. However, next week I'm starting a new job which will require me to once again become a daily driver, once again relying on my 2003 F-250 4x4 V-10 gas guzzler to get me to/from the office.

Scratches on her rear compliments of my wife, who can barely see over the steering wheel.  :cry:

kmmd

« Reply #228 on: 3 Sep 2018, 04:00 pm »
2007 BMW 335i with Dinan Stage 2 engine and Alpina Transmission software.  Lots of other mods.  Of course, everything has to sound right wherever I go. :)

My weekend car during Euro delivery in the last pic - 2015 BMW M6GC

Doublej

« Reply #229 on: 3 Sep 2018, 11:51 pm »
This is mine in the summer.  :lol:

Seriously one of the best investments I have made.

http://www.rockport.com/rockport/essential-details-waterproof-plain-toe/esntialdtlwppln.html

mcgsxr

« Reply #230 on: 15 Apr 2019, 05:32 pm »
Picked up a 2015 Lexus NX200T for my wife.

2005 CLK freshly cleaned up and out of storage.

And 2014 (my daily driver now that the 2009 Ford Fusion is gone) Acura RDX on the street in the background.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #231 on: 16 Apr 2019, 01:31 pm »
2005 CLK freshly cleaned up and out of storage.
My son just sold his '03 CLK500 AMG. A close relative to yours. Neat car!
What kind of MPG do you get?

mcgsxr

« Reply #232 on: 16 Apr 2019, 01:48 pm »
Bob I think the 03 and 05 CLK500 are the same car. 

The AMG package on these was nothing like the CL55 AMG - that's a real AMG car.  The package on the CLK was rims, and a body kit.  Mine has it, but does not have the AMG badging (and I won't add it).  No performance advantages unless you get the sport suspension, but that's quite rare in my experience.

I use it just for fun, and drove it 3K miles last summer.  On average I get 19mpg.  I am usually found on secondary roads, avoiding actual traffic. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #233 on: 16 Apr 2019, 02:57 pm »
Roger that.
Yea, I thought the 5.0 was "strong", but wasn't impressed by the AMG badging after a quick test drive. I was excited to drive it the first time when he bought it but thought the AMG would have more 'pep'. So it makes sense what you're saying about the 55 versus the 500. On the way home from dropping it off when he was buying it, he and I did a little ol fashion street racing. He handed me my ass, but had a definite advantage since I was in my '02 YukonXL with 265,000 miles.  So I guess I can't saw much about the power.  :lol:
Beautiful car though, and overall very fun to drive.

mcgsxr

« Reply #234 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:25 pm »
No argument.  It's way more of a luxo-cruiser than a sports car. 

Just what I was looking for, coming out of the 69 T Bird.

The 5.0 is plenty of fun for me. 

The hand build 5.5 in the CLK55 is a WHOLE other ballgame, along with bigger brakes - all the real AMG stuff.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #235 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:34 pm »
Understood. Personally, I'd want the 55 (although I've never driven one), however the last thing my 20 year kid needs is more horsepower to the rear wheels.  :o :lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #236 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:56 pm »
... Personally, I'd want the 55 (although I've never driven one),...
I had a '55 for several years.  The 6V system was a PITA until I finally got over the "original" BS and converted it to 12V. 
Like a boat, the best days were the day I bought it and the day I sold it.  Fun to drive, way overpowered.  Scared the hell out of me on a straightaway at 125mph and still pulling strong. 
This one is just like mine.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #237 on: 16 Apr 2019, 04:59 pm »
I picked up one of these ~6 months ago...

It's amazing. The '16+ Camaro is basically a Caddy ATS/CTS with the LT1 V8 making 455 hp/tq. It gets over 20 mpg avg and can do high 20s on the highway. Handling is it's strong suit, especially the 1LE version with e-lsd, mag ride, 305/285 width tires, etc.

I live in town, work from home and don't drive a lot, I use my bike for most local errands so I don't put a ton of miles on the car, but I really enjoy driving when I do. I'm looking forward to some Autocross and track days this summer.  :D

It's also great for carrying bikes and gear, although limited to 2 people. With the V8 it barely notices the bikes and extra weight, it actually gets FAR better fuel economy on the highway vs my previous Subarus when carrying bikes.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #238 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:01 pm »
Scott, Nice '55!  :lol:
Personally, my goal is a '66 Pontiac. Someday.... Some. Day.

Dave, I thrashed a '18 SS. MAN!!!!  :o
Holy cow, that was a beast.

goskers

« Reply #239 on: 17 Apr 2019, 12:06 pm »
Dave,

That is a pretty Camaro. Not sure I could ever bring myself to buy one but it seems like I’ve owned most everything else so why not?!