Tube amps subject to vibration from speakers?

Mike D

Tube amps subject to vibration from speakers?
« on: 24 Mar 2004, 01:29 pm »
I have always kept my Rogue M120 standards in my Sanus open air cabinet on Black Diamond racing cones.  This Friday, I will be receiving my M120s in the mail from Rogue upgraded to the new M150s.  I would like to put them to the sides of my cabinet so that I may admire their beauty.  ;-)  Not to mention, this could only improve their cooling.  Will I downgrade the sound quality or shorten the tubes' life by placing the mono blocks within 2 feet of each speaker?  Speakers are Hales Revelation Three, closed cabinet but deep bass extension, and a Legacy Audio Thumper sub that would be within 4 feet of one of the amps.  In order to place the amps to the side of the cabinets, I would need to purchas a 2m pair of ICs.  If I will experience and negative results from placing the amps closer to the speakers, I will save the money and keep the amps where they are.

Thanks for your response.
mike

electricbear

your amps.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2004, 06:36 pm »
I would be concerned about the amps being subject to vibrations from the sub. If there was no sub certainly putting your amps on some nice little stands close to your speakers would be awsome. Allowing for the fact that you are using a sub I would tend to act on the side of caution and try to remove them from any possable vibrations. :)