Found thank you all. Bottlehead Quickie, or similar basic tube Preamp

amb3cog

Looking to get a finished Quickie, or similar (tube only please.The more the merrier). There's a nice one on Canuck Audio Mart, and I was going to contact the gentleman. I figured before I do that I might want to see what else is available first. Not set on Quickie, but seems to be my best option. Only need one input, but more is fine. Multiple outputs, extra tubes, and dual mono volume/balance control are nice bonuses. Especially balance control.

Requirements are tubes, cheap price ($300, or under), and warm sound. Ultra detailed modern sound not needed. More interested in a musical, and non fatiguing sound. Tone controls may be okay. Will be used with a DAC, and an AVA Omega Star 250EX (25,000 Ohm input). So no Dynaco Pas, or similar high output Pre unfortunately.

Thank you all in advance.
Andy B.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2018, 03:25 am by amb3cog »

musiciseverything

Re: WTB Bottlehead Quickie, or similar basic tube Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:20 am »
I have a Quickie I am no longer using since my new DAC has a volume control. Let me know if you’re still interested. Works perfectly. Great cosmetics. If interested I can send photos.

amb3cog

Re: WTB Bottlehead Quickie, or similar basic tube Preamp
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:24 am »
Thank you very much for the reply. I actually just sent PayPal on one a few hours ago. I just got home from work, and haven't had time to update this thread. I really appreciate you responding though. And if something changes. I'll be sure to be in touch. Have a great night.

Andy B.