Greetings from the UK

Antinchip

Greetings from the UK
« on: 22 Apr 2018, 11:19 am »
Hello all, introductory message to get me out of the starting blocks.

I am a long term hi-fi enthusiast living in Wiltshire in the south west of England. For vinyl replay I have been running a Linn LP12 for years, now comprising Lingo 3, Sole sub-chassis, Tiger Paw Tranquility (mag-lev thingy), Infinity Black Widow tonearm (full Audio Origami rewire), Shure V15iii with Jico SAS stylus to modified Croft RIAA-R phono, Primare SP31 preamp and modified Croft 7R monoblock power amps feeding a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SE speakers. All good but a little fed-up with the constant LP12 upgrades so wondered if the front end grass really might be greener elsewhere so....

I have recently bought a pre-loved Well Tempered Amadeus GT. I used this initially with the Shure V15iii and Jico SAS and was very pleased with the results, WTA the winner I think. I have now added a pre-loved Denon DL 103GL refurbished with a new cantilever, shibata diamond, additional damping and bronze shim/spacer to add mass. This used together with a Harmonious Audio MPA-1a Mk2 battery powered head amp. Set up was interesting as I needed to add bolts to the counterweight. I have now added an XTC heavy counterweight to ensure correct VTF and tracking. All sounding sublime but I suspect I might need to tweak a little more to really dial it all in.

So I am new to the Well Tempered world and this is my first venture into moving coil cartridges. I was interested to see the WT Cticle here so thought I would jump on board. I look forward to engaging in due course.

Many thanks

Anthony

I presume I will be able to add an Avatar in due course.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Greetings from the UK
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2018, 12:56 pm »
Welcome, Anthony.  :beer:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2018, 01:05 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Anthony   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2018, 01:15 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2018, 02:31 pm »
Welcome.

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:41 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Antinchip.  You need to have three posts for full access.

Thieldude

• Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:47 pm »
Welcome aboard !!!!

dB Cooper

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:52 pm »
Welcome to the sweet spot, from England, from whence come a number of really fine speaker companies.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2018, 09:03 pm »
Welcome Anthony :thumb:

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2018, 10:06 pm »
Welcome, we lived in Surrey for 14 yrs and I do miss the Indian food, newspapers and the use of the English language, the Boat race, Ascot, the West End plays, Wimbledon . Both our son and daughter grew up in the UK and they have a command of the English language that is amazing. I also own PMC speakers!!!!

Antinchip

« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2018, 01:07 pm »
Thank you for your kind welcome gentlemen.

All the best.

Anthony