American or Digital American?

OrangeCrush

American or Digital American?
« on: 7 Nov 2017, 01:36 am »
For a Teddy Pardo 5v 3 amp power supply that will power an Allo Digione (Rasberry Pie with low jitter SPDIF)?

I am think of using a Digital American (low power) with my dac. 7 plus for my BPT-1 and amp. Since the Digione is essentially a computer, would the Digital American be the best option and have good synergy with the dac power cable?

I am in Canada, so don’t want to audition.

Thanks for your help.

dpatters

Re: American or Digital American?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2017, 10:24 am »
I'm sure Pete will see this and reply but you could also send him a PM. Great guy. Very responsive.

OrangeCrush

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2017, 03:05 pm »
Thanks. I will do that.

Triode Pete

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2017, 12:22 pm »
Thanks. I will do that.

PM sent... still recovering from CAF! ... and it’s off to the NYAS tomorrow!

Cheers,
Pete

OrangeCrush

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2017, 11:58 pm »
Thanks so much Pete! I received the cables (2 7-Plus Americans and 2 Digital Americans).

They are beautiful and my initial response after turning on my system was wow! I have never heard a power cable make such an obvious initial impact like that. Can't wait to do some more careful listening, but so far they have already exceeded my expectations. Pleasure doing business with you and thanks for helping us Canucks out!  :D

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2017, 03:43 pm »
Thanks so much Pete! I received the cables (2 7-Plus Americans and 2 Digital Americans).

They are beautiful and my initial response after turning on my system was wow! I have never heard a power cable make such an obvious initial impact like that. Can't wait to do some more careful listening, but so far they have already exceeded my expectations. Pleasure doing business with you and thanks for helping us Canucks out!  :D

Thanks, eh! Wait until they have a bit more "burn-in" & "settling time" on your system, eh!

Enjoy,
Pete

dflee

« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2017, 05:05 pm »
Got one tick closer to my full loom of Pete and couldn't be happier,
(at least till the next tick).
OC: Thoughts on what your hearing.

Don

OrangeCrush

« Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2017, 05:13 am »
Hi Don, I’m in the same boat. Now that I am a fan of the power cables, my next purchase will be a digital 75 BNC cable (My Oyaide DR-510 is cutting out allot for some reason) and then speaker cables down the road unless I find some used ones earlier.

My Decware Torrii III is is very transparent and fast, which I love, but I also have a very transparent (almost light) DAC and so the power cables have brought a welcomed richness, fullness and I guess the best word word be a seductive quality.

When I first put them in, the volume was so much higher it was one of those wow moments. The best comparison I can think of is when you listen to really good Hi Rez recordings and you can play them at higher volume levels before they become too forward. So not sure if it’s the lower noise floor, or increased resolution, but I am really happy with the change. Also, I really love late whisper quiet listening sessions, and these cables have really added to that as well. More of everything from less volume.

What about you?
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2017, 02:12 am by OrangeCrush »

dpatters

« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2017, 11:26 am »
Each addition of the TWL cables will improve your overall sound.  I have a complete loom in my system and couldn't be happier.

PCs - Silver Statements, HP Digital Americans, Digital Americans
ICs - both single ended and balanced
Speaker Cables - Bi-wire
USB cable

Enjoy the TWL magic!

Don P.