Music lover from Ukraine

Artemand

Music lover from Ukraine
« on: 11 Oct 2017, 10:02 am »
Hi,

I live in Ukraine.
For many years i am trying to make my audio system as musical as possible.
Recently i bought a 2w Decware SE84CKC amplifier for my Proac Studio 100 monitors but i feel that it would be much happier with more easy load. So i am in search for fullrange speakers. Unfortunately i cannot send a private message to other forum members. May be i should make at least several posts to have such possibility.

Artem.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Music lover from Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2017, 10:54 am »
Yes, make 3 posts and you'll have access to PMs.

Welcome to AudioCircle, Artemand.  :beer:

Artemand

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2017, 11:39 am »
Unfortunately such a long distance from my country dictates my behaviour - i should make a choise based only on reading (which is not a usual way). Because there are many components which could be on US market but not respresented in my country.

So very detailed impressions of real users (and not from "professional reviewers") which could be found on this forum is very important for me.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2017, 01:05 pm »
Welcome!

Artemand

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2017, 02:15 pm »
Most of all i was intrigued about such producers as Decware, Omega, Hornshoppe and Transcendent. So i bought a Decware amplifier and i glad i did it.
Now i have a plan to try the speakers from Omega then add a preamp from Ed Schilling and finnaly try phono stage from Transcendent.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2017, 02:20 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Artem   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2017, 03:14 pm »
Welcome Artem :thumb:
According this:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/proac-studio-100-loudspeaker-specifications
Your Proac 100 are 88dB that is very ineficient to a small amp, as you know your amp need 98-100dB spl, if single driver no xover better yet.
Do you want assembled speakers or raw drivers to order the enclosure in a local carpenter?
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2017, 04:52 pm by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2017, 03:26 pm »
Most of all i was intrigued about such producers as Decware, Omega, Hornshoppe and Transcendent. So i bought a Decware amplifier and i glad i did it.
Now i have a plan to try the speakers from Omega then add a preamp from Ed Schilling and finnaly try phono stage from Transcendent.
If you listen only vinyl make sure your Phono stage can drive your Decware amp to avoid buy a preamp.

Artemand

« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2017, 03:32 pm »
Welcome Artem :thumb:
According this:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/proac-studio-100-loudspeaker-specifications
Your Proac 100 are 88dB that is very ineficient to a small amp, as you know your amp need 98-100dB spl, if single driver no xover better yet.
Do you want assembled speakers or eaw drivers to order the enclosure in a local carpenter?

I want to buy Omega 3 XRS dual driver speaker (1.5 way) - they are 98db efficient. I am trying to figure out whether they are still for sale (i found them in the trading post).
You are right about the phonostage - i've read that Transcendent phono will easily drive my amp without a preamp.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2017, 07:44 pm »
I want to buy Omega 3 XRS dual driver speaker (1.5 way) - they are 98db efficient. I am trying to figure out whether they are still for sale (i found them in the trading post).
You are right about the phonostage - i've read that Transcendent phono will easily drive my amp without a preamp.
PM sent.