Hello from Florida

patfl1

Hello from Florida
« on: 14 Aug 2017, 08:39 pm »
Hi All,

Lurking for quite sometime, reading up mostly on the low watt, tube, and omega circles for the last few years.  Sold my modest set up when my daughter started to crawl 2a few years ago, and ready to start back up.  Since she loves music more than the screen, seems like the right time! 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2017, 09:28 pm »
Welcome Patfl1 :thumb:

Mr Peabody

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2017, 09:50 pm »
Hello.

I don't know if it's I'm just noticing, but it seems SET guys have a lot more speaker options these days than in the past.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2017, 10:26 pm »
Certainly, they even have two flavors fullrange single driver or spice two way xover.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2017, 10:31 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC patfl1   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2017, 12:16 am »
Welcome - I'm in FL too - which section of the State are you?

patfl1

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2017, 02:24 am »
Thanks all!

Hey Phil,

I am in St Pete, how about you?  Searching for some audio shows in a 4 hour drive or so, any on either coast you know of?

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2017, 03:14 am »
Thanks all!

Hey Phil,

I am in St Pete, how about you?  Searching for some audio shows in a 4 hour drive or so, any on either coast you know of?

I'm on the opposite coast - Melbourne area.  You have the Suncoast Audio Society where you are that has regular meetings and events as well - https://www.meetup.com/Suncoast-Audiophile-Society/messages/boards/thread/48535901   Among the members is Suncoast Audio, which also holds some of those events - https://suncoastaudio.com/   They will have a Lampizator event on October 14.  You can contact them.  I'm going to try to go (want to check out the store anyway).  Will be getting back from RMAF just before the event.  If you make your way over to my area, you can listen to various systems in my house.  Not as good as an audio show though.

electricbear

« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2017, 01:05 pm »
The Suncoast Audio Society are a pretty active group in the Tampa area. They usually have a meeting every month.
You can find them on Meetup .

patfl1

« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2017, 08:09 pm »
Thanks again.  Appreciatete heads up on the society, for whatever reason searching for shows/events in the area, they did not pop up.

I did see a thread on suncoast a few weeks back, October may work out well!

Thanks again.  Picked up a flea watt and may have found some older omega grande 6's locally.  Would be nice to work that out, something up and running in a few weeks would be great.