SP-3 and Roku

dminches

SP-3 and Roku
« on: 23 Jun 2017, 06:03 pm »
I often watch video via my Roku.  Netflix, Hulu, Amazon.

Often, I can't get the audio to lock in and I get a bunch of noise.  Sometimes this can be remedied by cycling through inputs on the SP-3.  If I do this sometimes the video gets messed up and is all green.  Other times I need to shut the SP-3 off and then back on.

Do others have issues with Rokus?  This seems like a handshaking issue but I can't say I understand it beyond that.

Jim Hamley

Re: SP-3 and Roku
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2017, 06:40 pm »
Had the same problem with both Roku and AppleTV. The audio would often not sync but if I stopped the stream and restarted, sync restored.
My SP3 is on the way back from Bryston to fix this problem, add 4K support and add the new USB support.

dminches

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2017, 06:42 pm »
Had the same problem with both Roku and AppleTV. The audio would often not sync but if I stopped the stream and restarted, sync restored.
My SP3 is on the way back from Bryston to fix this problem, add 4K support and add the new USB support.

When you say it is going back to Bryston to "fix this problem." what is the fix?

gbaby

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2017, 08:45 pm »

Often, I can't get the audio to lock in and I get a bunch of noise.  Sometimes this can be remedied by cycling through inputs on the SP-3.  If I do this sometimes the video gets messed up and is all green.  Other times I need to shut the SP-3 off and then back on.

Do others have issues with Rokus?  This seems like a handshaking issue but I can't say I understand it beyond that.

When is the last time you upgraded the unit. I know an upgrade came out this year.

gbaby

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2017, 08:46 pm »

What was the total cost of the upgrades? I have just discovered I can use the USB port for my 44/16 CD files and it sounds damn good.  :D

dminches

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2017, 08:55 pm »
When is the last time you upgraded the unit. I know an upgrade came out this year.

Definitely this year.

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2017, 11:17 pm »
I have four Roku 3 boxes in different systems.  Most often use two of them and no issues with lock in (and in the various systems that probably includes a half dozen receivers of various brands over the past 3+ years).

gbaby

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2017, 03:25 am »

I do have a problem with the audio syncing from time to time on just about all inputs. I remedy the problem by going to another input and back which remedies the problem 95% of the time.