Tidal Masters Playlist Are Da Bomb

witchdoctor

Tidal Masters Playlist Are Da Bomb
« on: 15 Apr 2017, 09:02 pm »
Gives a new meaning to "set it and forget it", Great content, great SQ, and all you need to do is click once and enjoy, THANK YOU TIDAL!!

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-adds-masters-playlists-hi-res-streaming-option-to-its-desktop-app

reelvox

Re: Tidal Masters Playlist Are Da Bomb
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2017, 11:02 pm »
Gives a new meaning to "set it and forget it", Great content, great SQ, and all you need to do is click once and enjoy, THANK YOU TIDAL!!

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-adds-masters-playlists-hi-res-streaming-option-to-its-desktop-app

Honestly....Yawn..

gregcss

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2017, 11:40 pm »
Honestly....Yawn..
So 'no' to Tidal? I have yet to start my free trial.

reelvox

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2017, 12:10 am »
So 'no' to Tidal? I have yet to start my free trial.

No to The farce that is MQA. No to canned playlists.

Tidal is great for those who have not invested in digital libraries. No issue there.

witchdoctor

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2017, 03:27 am »
No to The farce that is MQA. No to canned playlists.

Tidal is great for those who have not invested in digital libraries. No issue there.

Yeah, like anyone here has a library the size of Tidal's and continues to buy all the new music Tidal adds every week, duh!

RandyH

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2017, 04:26 pm »
Sometimes the pride of ownership is more important than the convenience of accessibility.  Old habits are hard to break.  I've been in this hobby for nearly 50 years and part of the appeal is collecting music...specifically music on some kind of a disc that spins.  Anything anyone collects, be it coins, stamps, books or music has a value to the collector that goes beyond simple accessibility.  I think the digital age in general and more specifically the streaming capability we have now in our systems has impacted the collector aspect of being an audiophile.  I have invested in vinyl and digital libraries and I still enjoying listening to my CDs and LPs but TIDAL has opened up a whole new world of accessibility and discovery.  If I can grow beyond my need to own all the music I listen to then others can also.  Just as analog and digital coexist in our hobby I also think the concepts of owning and renting music can and should happily coexist.

orientalexpress

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2017, 07:22 pm »
If Tidal go out of business? because not enough subscribers,you shit out of luck :roll:

RandyH

« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2017, 08:56 pm »
"If Tidal go out of business? because not enough subscribers,you shit out of luck"

Well, if a library closes down I can always buy books.  The same with music streaming services.

orientalexpress

« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2017, 09:33 pm »
"If Tidal go out of business? because not enough subscribers,you shit out of luck"

Well, if a library closes down I can always buy books.  The same with music streaming services.
It your money,do what you want  :thumb:,I'm just don't understand why someone pay for something when you can get it for free.Especially CD at the library .If i pay for anything it going to be SACD,LP or CD where i can actually own or download.

sts9fan

« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2017, 10:31 pm »
Tidal is the worst. Signed Tidal subscriber

garyalex

« Reply #10 on: 17 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm »
It your money,do what you want  :thumb:,I'm just don't understand why someone pay for something when you can get it for free.Especially CD at the library .If i pay for anything it going to be SACD,LP or CD where i can actually own or download.

Tidal and other similar services offer the opportunity to discover and experience far more music than will ever be available in a public library.  If money is the issue then open a free Spotify account.  But don't even try to compare what streaming services offer versus the comparatively meager content available in a public library.

orientalexpress

« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2017, 11:44 pm »
Tidal and other similar services offer the opportunity to discover and experience far more music than will ever be available in a public library.  If money is the issue then open a free Spotify account.  But don't even try to compare what streaming services offer versus the comparatively meager content available in a public library.
I'm sorry to piss on your parade,Tidal is BOOOMb enjoy :thumb:

reelvox

« Reply #12 on: 18 Apr 2017, 01:14 am »

Audiophiles discovering new music? C'mon, stop pulling my chain... :lol:

witchdoctor

« Reply #13 on: 18 Apr 2017, 02:08 am »
Sometimes the pride of ownership is more important than the convenience of accessibility.  Old habits are hard to break.  I've been in this hobby for nearly 50 years and part of the appeal is collecting music...specifically music on some kind of a disc that spins.  Anything anyone collects, be it coins, stamps, books or music has a value to the collector that goes beyond simple accessibility.  I think the digital age in general and more specifically the streaming capability we have now in our systems has impacted the collector aspect of being an audiophile.  I have invested in vinyl and digital libraries and I still enjoying listening to my CDs and LPs but TIDAL has opened up a whole new world of accessibility and discovery.  If I can grow beyond my need to own all the music I listen to then others can also.  Just as analog and digital coexist in our hobby I also think the concepts of owning and renting music can and should happily coexist.

True, I have some CD's and old tapes that will never be available for streaming and still enjoy them.

witchdoctor

« Reply #14 on: 18 Apr 2017, 02:11 am »
If Tidal go out of business? because not enough subscribers,you shit out of luck :roll:

Yeah, like Sprint is going out of business

http://www.businessinsider.com/sprint-buys-stake-in-tidal-2017-1

PMAT

« Reply #15 on: 18 Apr 2017, 04:41 am »
I'm in. I'm gonna try it. I like Spotify for the commute.  S outhern P acific R ailways INT (ernational) is not going out of business.

witchdoctor

« Reply #16 on: 18 Apr 2017, 03:26 pm »
I'm in. I'm gonna try it. I like Spotify for the commute.  S outhern P acific R ailways INT (ernational) is not going out of business.

Great, remember to get the Masters files for best SQ

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #17 on: 18 Apr 2017, 03:39 pm »
First off, I LOVE TIDAL :D Well worth the $20.38 a month! And I love their "Playlist", I just favored 2, "1957" and "1977"! :D

JohnR

« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2017, 04:38 pm »
I didn't know there were Masters playlists, will give it a go.

Suppose I should get the A+ upgrade to go with it.

mr_bill

« Reply #19 on: 18 Apr 2017, 04:46 pm »
What is A+ ..... to go with it?