SOLD Decware DFR-8 Lowther Ambience 2.8 Full-range high efficiency speakers

danvprod

SOLD

Here is an opportunity to own one of the better sounding speakers at any price. If you want speakers that disappear and keep you listening until 4 AM, these are worth your consideration.

Drivers are Decware DFR-8s (which sell for $355/pr by themselves). Steve modifies Fostex FE206En full-range drivers for his DFR-8s. There are one pair per side; 4 total in this pair of speakers. They are 96 dB efficient with no crossover and only need a couple of watts to come alive. I am currently powering them with a 4 watt amp.

Cabinets are CommonSense Audio (Lowther America) 2.8 Mk II Ambience (38.5T x 12W x 13.75D inches or 978 x 305 x 349 mm). If you check DIYAudio, you'll find these cabinets go for around $500 used when if they come up used. Even if you were to purchases these from me and install a pair of Lowther drivers and sell a pair of the Fostex full range drivers, you'd still come out on top.

Condition of the cabinets is pretty good. There are a couple of extra mounting holes on the top from a previous driver (not seen when metal grills are on).

Veener is in good shape and professionally finished in a satin red oak. Selling because I am upgrading and need to clear out some equipment.

Instruments sound like instruments with these and sound floats in the air. Holographic imaging and pinpoint accuracy/separation. Brings out the best in your equipment!

I'm also including a pair of 6" ports that you can experiment to get the best bass response in your room. They just need a strip of rope caulk and they will mount right in the 6" hole.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2018, 12:55 am by danvprod »

danvprod

Friday evening bump. Open to offers.

danvprod

Dropping price to $600.

danvprod

Bump? Any love for these speakers, which can be powered by flea-watt amps and reach down to the 40s with only a single driver and no crossover?

danvprod

Open to trades for nice headphones (+cash) or a small pair of high-quality bookshelf speakers (+cash).

pi.bond

PM sent.

danvprod