Khartago monoblocks

gregcss

Re: Khartago monoblocks
« Reply #20 on: 4 Mar 2017, 06:05 pm »
Thanks TJHUB I actually started this post purposely to see how the members reacted ,and it went exactly as I expected it to. I ruffeld feathers and it worked flawlessly. My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members. And Klaus I had the amps for three weeks not a few days as far as charging capacitors  it does not take weeks. I know a little about electronics and capacitor charge rates.
I think you're off base here. People posted genuine feedback and I suppose you choose to ignore those. Then you posted "shit posts" really and people reacted to those. What is your expectation here and how would you like the community to serve you? And how do you equate all of the replies to equal elitist snobs?  :scratch: Seems to me you're the elitist snob, one who thinks they are entitled.

johzel

« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2017, 06:42 pm »
Thanks TJHUB I actually started this post purposely to see how the members reacted ,and it went exactly as I expected it to. I ruffeld feathers and it worked flawlessly. My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members. And Klaus I had the amps for three weeks not a few days as far as charging capacitors  it does not take weeks. I know a little about electronics and capacitor charge rates.

Wow. I call BS . . . I don't come here all that often and certainly was a junior member not long ago - for all I know I still am (nope, just looked, guess not).  During my time here I've never felt that I've been mistreated by anyone. I really thought people were giving you fair suggestions and feedback aimed at helping you sell your amps.  Good luck with your sale - it's looking more unlikely that it's going to occur here.
« Last Edit: 4 Mar 2017, 11:34 pm by johzel »

Tubeburner

« Reply #22 on: 4 Mar 2017, 06:53 pm »
I actually started this post purposely to see how the members reacted ,and it went exactly as I expected it to. I ruffeld feathers and it worked flawlessly. My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members.

You are wrong here. You have an attitude because your amps did not sell instantly. Boo hoo, welcome to the world of audio. Klaus is one of the finest audio designers and human beings I have met. Attacking Klaus does nothing but show your ignorance. We all come to Audio Circle as newbies and I was treated fairly and honestly by all. So basically your post is a Troll post. If you don't like it here and the suggestions, go away.

"No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." Hunter S. Thompson

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #23 on: 4 Mar 2017, 07:11 pm »
My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members.

Who are you intending to show this to?  Potential buyers on other sites?  People who are considering registering for the forum? I'm truly very confused, and am not being sarcastic .

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #24 on: 4 Mar 2017, 07:22 pm »
My whole point was to show how this community on this forum act like elitist snobs to Jr members.
Glad your post worked for you. So, is the merchandise for sale a ruse?  If not, I doubt it will sell on Audio Circle after this thread.  Since you find this forum elitist and snobbish (even though the first several responses tried to be helpful), you may find a different forum more to your liking.  Good luck with your sale... if it is a sale. :scratch:

JackD

« Reply #25 on: 4 Mar 2017, 07:30 pm »
One of his earlier For Sale ads ended up in the IWB for similar actions so this is no surprise.

spons

« Reply #26 on: 4 Mar 2017, 07:52 pm »
I was interested in these when they were for sale by the previous owner, where the last asking price on USAM was $1900.

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649325346-odyssey-khartago-mono-amps/

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #27 on: 4 Mar 2017, 08:16 pm »
Getting back to the original question, even though the OP is satisfied with this experiment....

Is that someone's name on the back of the amps?  Is that a standard feature - i did a quick search here but couldn't find anything definitive.   If it is a prior owner's signature, that would negatively impact value unless Odyssey can change it out.

gregcss

« Reply #28 on: 4 Mar 2017, 08:32 pm »
Getting back to the original question, even though the OP is satisfied with this experiment....

Is that someone's name on the back of the amps?  Is that a standard feature - i did a quick search here but couldn't find anything definitive.   If it is a prior owner's signature, that would negatively impact value unless Odyssey can change it out.
It is the purchasers name but is just a fancy sticker. Can be removed. No reason to replace it...or keep it on for that matter.

gregcss

« Reply #29 on: 4 Mar 2017, 08:32 pm »
.oops

Indiansprings

« Reply #30 on: 4 Mar 2017, 10:13 pm »
There was a guy that I worked with for years. Exactly like the OP. He would ask you a question, then argue with you when you gave him the answer.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #31 on: 4 Mar 2017, 10:44 pm »
Surprises me a bit...all of this,  as I had a really good conversation with Mark when he bought the amps..........

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #32 on: 4 Mar 2017, 10:44 pm »
on second thought:  I give up..................

Cor0086

« Reply #33 on: 5 Mar 2017, 02:32 am »

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #34 on: 5 Mar 2017, 02:37 am »

Ha! Wasn't that a Monty Python routine, but not for free?  Hard to believe it's nearly a 50 year old show...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #35 on: 5 Mar 2017, 02:43 am »
Wow, Mark. Just 'wow'. :duh:

There are plenty of "Anger and Boundaries" workshops available worldwide. Find one. [There's a great place called Haven by The Sea on Gabriola Island in British Columbia.] Take it a couple times if the info doesn't sink in the first time. Keep working at it. You'll be a better person for it someday.

:? :?

MARKCN

« Reply #36 on: 5 Mar 2017, 03:14 am »
WOW!!!!  I have spent most of my day listening to my real "kick ass high end audio gear" and figured I wouldn't give this thread any more thought, but for shits and grins I decided to look at it. All I can say is at least I haven't been expending a lot of energy trying to bash any one like you pukes are doing I am just listening to my music. I can give a fuck if I offended anyone on this site.

MARKCN

« Reply #37 on: 5 Mar 2017, 03:20 am »
P.S.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #38 on: 5 Mar 2017, 05:59 am »
I noticed that you've changed your ad about your Khartago amps to reveal more about their current owner.  Thanks for the extra information in case anyone had doubts about dealing with you.   http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148864.msg1593033#msg1593033

JackD

« Reply #39 on: 5 Mar 2017, 06:08 am »
And obviously not astute enough to know that the new information will show up on a basic search on the topic. Sometimes you just get your just reward.