Klaus is unbelievable!!!

Spirit

• Volunteer
Klaus is unbelievable!!!
« on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:37 am »
Tonight I did something very silly; and please note it is SUNDAY night at 10:30.   I was fiddling around with the back of my preamp trying to change some interconnects and I foolishly did not shut down my components. I own 2 sets of Stratos Mono Extremes - 4 total amps. I must have caused some kind of a surge because one of the amps stopped glowing.  Oh no - there goes my night. I won't be able to sleep I figured. Where am I going to be able to get this fixed, it's going to cost me money, etc etc.
I called Odyssey's number and guess what? Klaus answered the phone and told me where to find the hidden external fuse and eureka - it was blown.  And guess what else I found? Klaus has hidden an extra fuse in each amp!!!
I switched the blown one and whamo - I am back in business!!!  Now I can sleep tonight!
What an incredible guy and what a company.  Bravo Klaus and many thanks for your incredible products and service!!!!!!!! 
PS - if anyone wants to know where the external fuse is hidden just reply and I will explain.

SlushPuppy

Re: Klaus is unbelievable!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:45 am »
Tonight I did something very silly; and please note it is SUNDAY night at 10:30.   I was fiddling around with the back of my preamp trying to change some interconnects and I foolishly did not shut down my components. I own 2 sets of Stratos Mono Extremes - 4 total amps. I must have caused some kind of a surge because one of the amps stopped glowing.  Oh no - there goes my night. I won't be able to sleep I figured. Where am I going to be able to get this fixed, it's going to cost me money, etc etc.
I called Odyssey's number and guess what? Klaus answered the phone and told me where to find the hidden external fuse and eureka - it was blown.  And guess what else I found? Klaus has hidden an extra fuse in each amp!!!
I switched the blown one and whamo - I am back in business!!!  Now I can sleep tonight!
What an incredible guy and what a company.  Bravo Klaus and many thanks for your incredible products and service!!!!!!!! 
PS - if anyone wants to know where the external fuse is hidden just reply and I will explain.

Great customer service story! Love it! Glad you got your problem resolved so quickly. Happy listening!

Slush

uncola

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2017, 07:11 am »
wow great to know if I ever have a surge I already have an extra fuse.  great that klaus was willing to include the extra fuse for customer happiness

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2017, 02:07 pm »
Great story!

mcgsxr

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2017, 02:13 pm »
Another excellent story about customer service.  One of the best parts about smaller manufacturers.  When they get it right, they provide significant value, and folks love it!  Great stuff.

dburna

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:12 pm »
Terrific story and great customer service by Klaus.  Recommendation -- replace the spare fuse on your amp while it is fresh in your mind.  It's easy to forget after a week or so.  Will avoid any downtime in the event that something like this happens again....though hopefully it will not.

-dB

charmerci

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:07 pm »
Poor Klaus - gonna get so many calls on Sunday night now....

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2017, 06:28 pm »

Similar thing happened to me with an amp from a different manufacturer. It also had a spare fuse hidden near the mains in.

CSI

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2017, 07:21 pm »
Poor Klaus - gonna get so many calls on Sunday night now....

The stories of great customer service from Odyssey are legendary. Years ago I owned a Khartago. Kept it longer than any other amp I've had and might still have it if I hadn't loaned it to a friend who insisted on buying it from me. With all the recent posts about Klaus on this forum I might order another one, just to support a great guy (and get back to one of the world's great amps). While waiting for my original to be built I called Klaus for an update. I'd heard he was a night owl and, sure enough, I caught him in the shop at midnight! We chatted amiably for a minute then he suddenly realized who I was (we had talked briefly when I placed the order). Bill! he cries in recognition. Then we spoke for another 30 minutes like we were old buddies. Still had to wait a few more weeks for my amp but it was worth it. Klaus is a little like road repairs - expect delays. But you will be very pleased with your amp.

mr_bill

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2017, 07:55 pm »
Klaus is f__'in unbelievable.