St. Louis audio stores

Darkstar800

St. Louis audio stores
« on: 20 Nov 2016, 05:01 am »
I will be visiting STL for the week of Thanksgiving.

I was hopping to check out some audio shops. I would be interested in hearing a Well Tempered Amadeus and a Herron Phono amp. Of course hearing audio gear I have never heard is always fun. Not looking for appt only shops. I could be a serious buyer in the future as I am only an hour flight away with family in the area. 

Currently running VPI Prime/SS AIDA/ MS Nova Phono I/Exposure 17/Exposure Dual 4/Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You,

Mr Peabody

Re: St. Louis audio stores
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm »
Hi;

The WTL rep is in St. Louis, you might email to see if anyone still carries the tables.  There was a shopt called St. Louis Stereo open for a short time, one of the guys is still operating to some extent in IL last I heard.

Music For Pleasure has Sim Audio, Clearaudio, Dynaudio, Focal, Boulder, NAD, Rega, and more

The Sound Room who has Mac, Paradigm, Klipsch, Rotel and more, I haven't been there in a while so they may have added some stuff.  Oh, the B&W dealer.

There are other guys who operate out of homes opposed to a store front, At Home Theatre Designs in Lake St. Louis has Levinson, KEF, Cambridge, Revel and more.

Wylie from the Speaker & Stereo Store sells Golden Ear, Music Hall, Bel Canto, Vincent Audio, Musical Designs

If you go to Gateway Audio Society there's an entire thread that may have more I forgot or don't know :)  LOL, I feel stupid, I linked to this thread from the home page and totally missed it's posted in GAS.

Welcome to the Gateway City

Darkstar800

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2016, 06:20 am »
Thanks for the advice. Apparently the well tempered distributior is here but the closest store is 45 minuets of STL. Have no idea why that table is so hard to hear. The dealers always talk it up yet no one sell it.

I will call herron and see what they say tomorrow.

daves

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2016, 11:21 am »
It is well worth spending the time to go visit Charlie and hear the WTL tables. It is always a pleasure to visit him and see all the great gear he has set up, ready to hear.

WTL has their dealers arranged geographically, so they are pretty spaced out.

As far as it being hard to hear, and no one sells them, Charlie has both bases covered very well. You will not find a nicer gentleman in the audio gig.

His store is here... http://www.stereohaven.com/
His phone # is here... 618-974-8895