Does Don Vannatta exist?

Baumli

Does Don Vannatta exist?
« on: 4 Aug 2016, 05:45 am »
Don,

I am posting this as a response to your PM since the website says your "handle" isn't one that exists.

You asked about the McCormack DNA-0.5 I was looking for. The listing was quite old, I didn't get a reply from that fellow, but a different fellow saw my "wanted" ad and sent me a message. I may be able to obtain one from him.

Meanwhile, you need to get your identity straightened out. I think you'd be safe in doing that. Someone recently stole all my identity papers, and they ended up being arrested on charges of reprehensible ugliness. The message: Don't tamper with Baumli.

Very best,

Francis Baumli

vintage9594

Re: Does Don Vannatta exist?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2016, 10:04 am »
Francis,
I do indeed exist.....I have  been over to your house on several occasions to look at audio gear you have had for sale.   I got your Cardas Power cables a few years ago for the charity auction that you have every year.....this year I got the Kimber power cables.

Don Vannatta

Baumli

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2016, 06:04 pm »
To Don Vannatta,

Don, of course I know you exist; I remember you being here at my place, buying those three Cardas "Golden Reference" PCs from me, looking at my Dunlavy SC-IIs (now sold--long ago), and so on, including the get-together at Dave's about a year ago when we were all there to lust for some of those tube amps he was selling in that estate sale. The question about whether or not you exist was simply stated in irony. I was wondering why I couldn't reach you on this site, that's all.

You make more changes in gear than most. Some people might start wondering what is wrong with you, that you can't be satisfied. But then aren't we all that way?!

But yes. Don't feel forlornly forgotten. I know and remember you.

All the best,

Francis Baumli

electricbear

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2016, 06:41 pm »
Glimpses of Don are usually somewhat fleeting. Like haggis, military intelligence and well thought out responses at a Trump rally.
It was rumored that he was spotted last week chasing a Pokémon near Ted Drews .

daves

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2016, 08:17 pm »
Let me tell you, I'm still pretty pissed about not getting paid for running around in that Pokemon outfit all day!!

vintage9594

« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2016, 01:51 pm »
Thanks guys for acknowledging my fleeting existence....true I am never satisfied but I have enjoyed trying out a lot of gear good and bad.....at least you have a place to go with the sh_t you don't want anymore!

ACHiPo

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2016, 04:10 am »
Ya know, this witty reparte makes me kinda wish I lived near St. Louis...

:duh:

Nope, I'm just fine enjoying the humor from afar.  Keep it up, boys!  :lol: