Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

Sonny

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #40 on: 5 Oct 2016, 05:34 am »
Thanks Greg.

Sorry but I didn't mean to be pushy, I just like to try things out as well with different stuff. 

I can bring some and if the group wants to hear them great, if not, no sweat.

Thanks
T

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #41 on: 5 Oct 2016, 06:06 am »
Thanks Greg.

Sorry but I didn't mean to be pushy, I just like to try things out as well with different stuff. 

I can bring some and if the group wants to hear them great, if not, no sweat.

Thanks
T

Hey Tuan,

Sometimes writing back and forth just sucks for getting your thoughts and meaning across. I didn't think you were coming across pushy at all and certainly didn't mean to portray that.  I would really like to try your cables in my system as I have never given any cables a fair shake. For me being a somewhat technical guy it's hard to grasp how cables could make any real difference in sound. But I'm totally open to hearing yours in my system and I welcome you bringing them. 

mca

« Reply #42 on: 5 Oct 2016, 10:33 am »
Yes, I can make it on the 22nd! Hoping we can get an early start as I don't drive once it gets dark out. Where exactly are you located Greg?

Mike

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #43 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:50 pm »
I can tentatively make it on the 22nd because I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on the 17th.  If feeling okay I will be there.  If lifting my amp and preamp causes no issues, I'd really like to bring them.

Jeff

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #44 on: 5 Oct 2016, 03:59 pm »
Yes, I can make it on the 22nd! Hoping we can get an early start as I don't drive once it gets dark out. Where exactly are you located Greg?

Mike

Hi Mike,

We should start early also for the people who are coming a long way. We could do noon or later depending on what everyone else thinks?

I live in the Canyon Park area, it's easy to find.

Deleted my address now, PM me if you didn't write it down.
« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2016, 06:46 am by gregfisk »

Sonny

« Reply #45 on: 5 Oct 2016, 07:07 pm »
Hey guys, I live in Gig Harbor and would like to get together with other audio types to enjoy this hobby with. I can bring my Dennis Had Inspire amp and preamp. They are small and easy to move around.
Jeff

Jeff, if you are going, perhaps we could carpool?

Tuan

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #46 on: 5 Oct 2016, 07:12 pm »
Tuan, yes definitely!

Jeff

Sonny

« Reply #47 on: 5 Oct 2016, 07:23 pm »
Jake will you be ready for the 350.5 by then

Sonny

« Reply #48 on: 5 Oct 2016, 07:26 pm »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #49 on: 5 Oct 2016, 08:05 pm »
I can tentatively make it on the 22nd because I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on the 17th.  If feeling okay I will be there.  If lifting my amp and preamp causes no issues, I'd really like to bring them.

Jeff

Great!

Really hope you can make it and I too would really like you to bring your gear.

JakeJ

« Reply #50 on: 6 Oct 2016, 03:22 am »
Hi Mike,

We should start early also for the people who are coming a long way. We could do noon or later depending on what everyone else thinks?

I live in the Canyon Park area, it's easy to find.

XXXXX - XXth Ave. W. Bothell, WA 9XXXX

Greg, I highly recommend you not post your personal info on the WWW.  Best to PM this info to attendees individually to protect yourself.

Noon start time is fine with me.  Did you want me to come early to help prep food?  Just PM me with your ideas and I'll give you my input.

Jake will you be ready for the 350.5 by then

Unfortunately no, it's looking like end of November.  Sorry.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #51 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:05 am »
Greg, I highly recommend you not post your personal info on the WWW.  Best to PM this info to attendees individually to protect yourself.

Noon start time is fine with me.  Did you want me to come early to help prep food?  Just PM me with your ideas and I'll give you my input.

Unfortunately no, it's looking like end of November.  Sorry.

Hi Jake,

I very much appreciate your concern, however I have owned an alarm company for over 30 years. I am not afraid of anyone even getting close to my house and my neighbor is a local policeman and is first on my list. Plus, to be honest he is really crazy. Also, I'm always home or someone is so they are going to be screwed if they even come close.

SFDude

« Reply #52 on: 6 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm »
Hi everyone! Just happened on this thread and moved to Seattle earlier this year. Finally getting settled and would love to join the next GTG. Can't make the 22nd (overseas trip then) but any future dates, I am assuming would go in this thread moving forward?

Have a few things I can bring along next time to try out as well. :)

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #53 on: 6 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm »
Hi Greg,

Sorry for being late to the discussion, schedule is still a bit up in the air. Got room for 1 more if things work out ? Don't want to overload your most generous offer. I should know where my schedule is in a week.

As to gear I'm mostly an AVA guy, so could bring Frank's CF (cathode follower) tube pre, and if my back is good I also have his Ultravalve amp, if there is any interest. If not no sweat, just thinking out loud, sounds like there will be plenty of great options already. As has been noted it's nice to hear how one's gear sounds in other systems when possible.

While cozy is putting it mildly, once I get things a little more arranged around the shack I'll try to host something come spring. .............JD

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #54 on: 6 Oct 2016, 03:39 pm »
Hi JD,

I think we have room for one more. I figure I have 6 places to sit but there is also standing room, we can always switch up on the chairs.

If everyone could write my address down that would be great, I don't want to leave it up here forever.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #55 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:13 pm »
Got it, Thanks.  Will let you know for info when I'm sure.  8)

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #56 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:23 pm »
Got it, Thanks.  Will let you know for info when I'm sure.  8)

SFDude,

Welcome to Seattle, I plan on doing these a few times a year so watch here for info.

Jake, I'll pm you regarding the food. That might work out well for you to come a little early. We could even do the work in the real kitchen in the house depending on what we make. I don't have the audio room kitchen loaded up yet so it's a bit limiting.

mca

« Reply #57 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:58 pm »
I have a great bottle shop nearby and would be happy to bring some beer if anyone is interested. Always makes my listening sessions better  :thumb:

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #58 on: 6 Oct 2016, 05:20 pm »
I have a great bottle shop nearby and would be happy to bring some beer if anyone is interested. Always makes my listening sessions better  :thumb:

I think people should bring whatever they like to drink, I have a bunch of light beer over there that I don't drink and I was going to pick up some wine for everyone that likes it. I drink hard apple cider these days and sometimes a drink or some wine. Jake and I will figure out food for everyone and I'll grab some water as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you that are coming, this should be a lot of fun. I have enough parking up at the house so no one will have to walk far.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #59 on: 7 Oct 2016, 07:09 am »
Hello all,

Something we haven't talked about is how to play YOUR music. I have a mac mini and a pure i20 doc like I mentioned. The only CD player I have is really old and really cheap, not the best thing to play CDs on for any kind of quality.

I'm happy to pop every ones CDs into the mac mini and copy them so we can use a good playback source or someone could bring a CD player or we can use the one I have. If people have ipods or iphones that are 5s or older we can use my i20 doc but that still isn't as good as the mac mini for playback, not as good but still pretty impressive. 

Let me know what you think and we will figure out the best solution forward.

Greg