VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #760 on: 17 Mar 2017, 11:12 am »

New home. Thanks for the post.

I some how missed your response.  :duh:  Sorry.  :nono:  But, awesome, I'm glad that you picked up the center.  It looks great with your RM30s too.  Well done.    :drool:

G E

« Reply #761 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:10 pm »
Nice snag on the LRC!  I too have RM 30 but in piano gloss. I was very close to pulling the trigger on this very speaker.  Logistically it didn't work. The space between my speakers is consumed by two Bryston 28s

JakeJ

« Reply #762 on: 17 Mar 2017, 05:10 pm »
Sorry to go a bit OT but...hey Pete, is that a sub in the corner to the right of the right RM30 or is it a bass trap?

PeteG

« Reply #763 on: 17 Mar 2017, 05:56 pm »
Sorry to go a bit OT but...hey Pete, is that a sub in the corner to the right of the right RM30 or is it a bass trap?

Yes, it's a DIY sub (single 15")I built in 2002. I had dual SVS subs and sold them, I was a lot happier with my DIY sub. Also my wife was not crazy over the size so I had a conversation with Brian Cheney about one of his subs (was not little either just not tall) when he was in Denver don't remember the year, never got it.

JakeJ

« Reply #764 on: 17 Mar 2017, 07:03 pm »
Cool, thanks! 

John Casler

« Reply #765 on: 17 Mar 2017, 07:05 pm »
In my opinion the LRC is one of the BEST Center channel speakers at any price.   :thumb:

Only thing better is the RM-30 Horizontal, or if you want to go NUCLEAR the Horizontal RM40

G E

« Reply #766 on: 17 Mar 2017, 11:19 pm »
In my opinion the LRC is one of the BEST Center channel speakers at any price.   :thumb:

Only thing better is the RM-30 Horizontal, or if you want to go NUCLEAR the Horizontal RM40

I already have non-buyers remorse... And the seller was literally the next suburb down from me.

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #767 on: 18 Mar 2017, 02:39 pm »
G E

Ya snooze, ya lose!! Ouch.

PeteG

« Reply #768 on: 18 Mar 2017, 03:52 pm »
I already have non-buyers remorse... And the seller was literally the next suburb down from me.

If he was local that would have really worked out for you, I had some shipping damage but not bad. All four speaker grill guides were broke off, but no big deal I ordered some. The one problem I have concern about is the crossover,it came loose, I tried to straighten it out but some of the wires are pretty stiff so I left it alone.

The screw on the coil is the one that screws in the back by the binding posts. 

JakeJ

« Reply #769 on: 18 Mar 2017, 05:10 pm »
Mind telling us who the shipper was?

PeteG

« Reply #770 on: 18 Mar 2017, 06:41 pm »
Mind telling us who the shipper was?
I don't think it was his fault, it was packed good enough. Fedex was just a little rough. The speaker does work very good.

JakeJ

« Reply #771 on: 18 Mar 2017, 07:32 pm »
FedEx is the shipper.  The seller is the sender.

Had a similar experience with UPS.

PeteG

« Reply #772 on: 18 Mar 2017, 07:42 pm »
FedEx is the shipper.  The seller is the sender.
Just misunderstood.

JakeJ

« Reply #773 on: 18 Mar 2017, 08:54 pm »
My bad, I should have been specific.  Terminology is often interpreted differently by different people.

PeteG

« Reply #774 on: 18 Mar 2017, 09:19 pm »
My bad, I should have been specific.  Terminology is often interpreted differently by different people.
Your crossover took a hit too, did it work.

JakeJ

« Reply #775 on: 18 Mar 2017, 10:33 pm »
After I repaired it.  I am considering building outboard XO's using better components.

Audionautic

« Reply #776 on: 20 Mar 2017, 09:41 pm »
In regards to the LRCs shown above..
I know they each have the FST, and noticed that the foam wave guides run vertically on either side of the FST. The old  wave guides on my earlier model LRC pair used 2-channel are mounted horizontally above and below the spiral tweeters.  Would modern guides improve anything with my spirals? Seems like they'd allow either. What is the dispersion of the FSTs, spirals, and midrange panels mounted vertically (std), or horizontally (if I stand my LRCs up vertically)?
Are new foam guides available? Mine are starting to disintegrate a little. Thanks.

Stimpy

« Reply #777 on: 21 Mar 2017, 01:36 am »
In regards to the LRCs shown above..
I know they each have the FST, and noticed that the foam wave guides run vertically on either side of the FST. The old  wave guides on my earlier model LRC pair used 2-channel are mounted horizontally above and below the spiral tweeters.  Would modern guides improve anything with my spirals? Seems like they'd allow either. What is the dispersion of the FSTs, spirals, and midrange panels mounted vertically (std), or horizontally (if I stand my LRCs up vertically)?
Are new foam guides available? Mine are starting to disintegrate a little. Thanks.

Madisound sells felt rings for mounting around tweeters.  Peel-n-stick too.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/acoustic-damping/dampers-felt-defraction-ring-for-tweeters/

As to vertical or horizontal placement of the spiral ribbon tweeters, it doesn't matter with those, since they're round,  They'll have uniform dispersion, regardless of positioning.  As to the FST or a mid panel; if laid on their side long way, they'll become much beamier.  The speaker would need to be pointed more towards the central listener, and even then, dispersion would suffer.  While a pair LRC speakers could work standing upright, there's not much benefit, other than visual.  With the orientation of the tweeter and mid, the horizontal positioning will still sound best.  Visually, a bit more intrusive; they'll look like pro audio bridge monitors, but they'll sound better that way.

Stimpy

« Reply #778 on: 25 Mar 2017, 11:57 pm »
VMPS RM 30 **Amazing Speakers  -  (Irvine, CA)  $1499

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649340924-vmps-rm-30-amazing-speakers/

"Bought these speakers from another seller on AM , great working condition , I just bougth Focal Mirco Utopia , so these need to go.

RM 30 is a speaker that can match the dynamic capabilities of competent horns, the immediacy of electrostatics and planar-magnetics, and the fine detailing and imaging of the best dynamic designs." - Positive Feedback

RM30 is 50 cm (20") deep, but can be placed directly against a back wall if needed. The FST, Soundcoat and 10" Megawoofer are all standard. M and C versions are exactly the same except for the M's sidefiring woofers. The large cabinet of the C version provides good quality bass flat to 39 Hz from the four 16 cm WCF woofers. The M version cuts off at 32 Hz. The RM30 uses three 2.4 Ohm midrange panels wired in series. The FST is at the top of the column. The C version is a true line source, the M series is a slight departure with its side-firing woofer. The active 16 cm is a specially developed WCF 16 cm Megawoofer. They offer higher power handling, cleaner sound and have the ability of not bottoming out no matter how hard they are driven.

The RM30's are extremely flexible of placement, including touching the back wall if necessary.

VMPS RM30 M & C versions

This loudspeaker answers the requests from audiophiles since early 2002 for a speaker priced between, & more attractive than the RM2 & RM40. Its premium blending of price, performance, flexibility, & cosmetic beauty promises more than anything currently available.

· Price includes Free Swinging Tweeter & SoundCoat.

· Performance: maximum output just below the RM40 combined w/a new reference in staging, imaging, musicality, nearfield listening, & disappearing qualities.

· Flexibility: the standard C model has bass extension in the high 30s. The M version (additional 10”side firing MW, same cabinet) extends to the high 20s & has a feature to minimize bass modes. Details on both versions below.

· Cosmetic Beauty: at 20cm wide it’s the narrowest VMPS ever & 5 cm narrower than the 626R standmount. At 122 cm it’s only 8 cm above the RM2 and a perfect match for video monitors. Depth is a moderate 50 cm.

Driver Array: the sequence below matches the driver positions on the baffle, from the top down.

1. Standard FST tweeter, previously standard only at the RMX.
2. 3 vertical Neo mids.
3. Dual active 16 cm, the ideal diameter in the critical transition range, w/punchy, quick midbass.

Passive Radiators: tunable, down firing, slot & mass loaded (classic VMPS). The ultra-slim baffle requires dual 16 cm PRs (a VMPS first), mounted inline front to back. Mass adjustments are performed on both or only one PR (the front), providing finer & smoother tuning increments."

G E

« Reply #779 on: 26 Mar 2017, 01:22 am »
VMPS RM 30 **Amazing Speakers  -  (Irvine, CA)  $1499

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649340924-vmps-rm-30-amazing-speakers/

"Bought these speakers from another seller on AM , great working condition , I just bougth Focal Mirco Utopia , so these need to go.

RM 30 is a speaker that can match the dynamic capabilities of competent horns, the immediacy of electrostatics and planar-magnetics, and the fine detailing and imaging of the best dynamic designs." - Positive Feedback

RM30 is 50 cm (20") deep, but can be placed directly against a back wall if needed. The FST, Soundcoat and 10" Megawoofer are all standard. M and C versions are exactly the same except for the M's sidefiring woofers. The large cabinet of the C version provides good quality bass flat to 39 Hz from the four 16 cm WCF woofers. The M version cuts off at 32 Hz. The RM30 uses three 2.4 Ohm midrange panels wired in series. The FST is at the top of the column. The C version is a true line source, the M series is a slight departure with its side-firing woofer. The active 16 cm is a specially developed WCF 16 cm Megawoofer. They offer higher power handling, cleaner sound and have the ability of not bottoming out no matter how hard they are driven.

The RM30's are extremely flexible of placement, including touching the back wall if necessary.

VMPS RM30 M & C versions

This loudspeaker answers the requests from audiophiles since early 2002 for a speaker priced between, & more attractive than the RM2 & RM40. Its premium blending of price, performance, flexibility, & cosmetic beauty promises more than anything currently available.

· Price includes Free Swinging Tweeter & SoundCoat.

· Performance: maximum output just below the RM40 combined w/a new reference in staging, imaging, musicality, nearfield listening, & disappearing qualities.

· Flexibility: the standard C model has bass extension in the high 30s. The M version (additional 10”side firing MW, same cabinet) extends to the high 20s & has a feature to minimize bass modes. Details on both versions below.

· Cosmetic Beauty: at 20cm wide it’s the narrowest VMPS ever & 5 cm narrower than the 626R standmount. At 122 cm it’s only 8 cm above the RM2 and a perfect match for video monitors. Depth is a moderate 50 cm.

Driver Array: the sequence below matches the driver positions on the baffle, from the top down.

1. Standard FST tweeter, previously standard only at the RMX.
2. 3 vertical Neo mids.
3. Dual active 16 cm, the ideal diameter in the critical transition range, w/punchy, quick midbass.

Passive Radiators: tunable, down firing, slot & mass loaded (classic VMPS). The ultra-slim baffle requires dual 16 cm PRs (a VMPS first), mounted inline front to back. Mass adjustments are performed on both or only one PR (the front), providing finer & smoother tuning increments."

A good friend of mine has focal Scalas and they are nice. With the right amplification those rm30's will play WAY beyond price category. And the 3D imaging is beyond description.