Lets see your O.B. speakers....!

BrassEar

Re: Lets see your O.B. speakers....!
« Reply #260 on: 17 Mar 2017, 08:03 pm »
I googled the Zenith drivers and found them on a Chinese (!) site for $30 and $10 shipping!

http://www.gymykuufc.xyz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2471

Did some looking into it and they seem legit, even though their main activity is women's fashion.
I bought the pair—wish me luck!

I hope that site is legit, they are still available to buy one week after your post!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #261 on: 17 Mar 2017, 08:17 pm »
Around 2008 I have see in this site some BASF cut tape red box and it yet avaliable today>
http://www.gymykuufc.xyz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_74&products_id=2494

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #262 on: 17 Mar 2017, 08:20 pm »
I hope that site is legit, they are still available to buy one week after your post!
Hmmmm… I'll report back!

k9vap

« Reply #263 on: 28 Apr 2017, 08:46 am »
A decade of Evolution....

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #264 on: 28 Apr 2017, 11:44 am »
Nice image, thanks for posting.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #265 on: 28 Apr 2017, 11:45 am »
Hmmmm… I'll report back!
Any news on the Zenith?

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #266 on: 28 Apr 2017, 04:42 pm »
Any news on the Zenith?
Funny you should ask. I sent them an email 8 days ago querying my order, but have had no reply to that yet. Just now I saw on the VISA statement that they processed the order on Mar 11 and I sent them another email query.

I see what look to be the same pair of Zenith drivers advertized on their site, but allow for the fact they may be slow modifying their page.
It's a little too early to panic; 5 weeks is not unthinkable for large-ish boxes coming from China. I'll let you know!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #267 on: 28 Apr 2017, 10:41 pm »
Their IP is from US but their ABOUT say no country, city or address.
http://www.gymykuufc.xyz/index.php?main_page=about_us&zenid=d5boge3lun2e0kqo2qfrnnd1n2

aceinc

« Reply #268 on: 1 May 2017, 01:14 am »
This is a work in progress. The woofers are GR-Reseach OB/W 12". The mid/tweet section is something I cooked up from a wild imagination and a distinct lack of knowledge.

The woofers from Parts Express & tweeters from China. I used XSim to design my tweeter based on MFR specs on the woofer and NEO 8 specs which is similar to the tweeters. The good news is the tweeters have a much gentler rise starting at 8khz.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #269 on: 3 May 2017, 06:07 pm »
I've gone through several iterations over the years...  Here's some pics of most of them.
First try:

More pics at http://n4rp.com/dipoles.html  I also did a version of this with Altec 604Gs on the baffle, but I can't find any pics.

Next step:

Dayton PS220-8 on a JEL style baffle.  Not my woodwork ;)

Another step forward:

A major step in the right direction:

With a build thread here: http://dcaudiodiy.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=566
Which evolved into this:

And then:

And, as of last night:

with some more information available on the second page of this thread: http://dcaudiodiy.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=819

Roscoe

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #270 on: 3 May 2017, 11:32 pm »
I remember threads talking about the validity of most of those. Very cool!   :thumb:

nicoch

« Reply #271 on: 4 May 2017, 10:50 am »
Roscoe great work!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #272 on: 4 May 2017, 11:31 am »
Great OBs Roscoe, thanks for posting.

snake69fast

« Reply #273 on: 4 May 2017, 11:34 pm »

What drivers did you used?
Thank you!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #274 on: 4 May 2017, 11:46 pm »
What drivers did you used?
Thank you!
A lot of really big ones, a few medium sized ones, and a couple itty bitty ones.
Hope that helps!  :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #275 on: 4 Jun 2017, 05:07 pm »
I googled the Zenith drivers and found them on a Chinese (!) site for $30 and $10 shipping!

http://www.gymykuufc.xyz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2471

Did some looking into it and they seem legit, even though their main activity is women's fashion.
I bought the pair—wish me luck!
An update:
Yup, it was a scam. My account was debited immediately, but the goods never arrived and now the site appears either to be down or operating with a different identity. Luckily I lost "only" $44 CAD. I'm still glad I found out about these drivers and will pursue them from more legit sources.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #276 on: 9 Jun 2017, 06:49 pm »
These are my new OB Speakers. They are GR-Research NX-Otica monitors mated with GR-Research/Rythmik dual 12" H-Frame OB subs.

The NX-Otica monitors use the Neo3 PDR tweeter in an open back configuration and GR-Research M165NQ woofers. The NQ woofers were designed for open baffle use.

The subs use two of the GR-Research SW-12-08FR woofers and a Rythmik A370PEQ3 amp each.

The pictures are right side up on my computer. I don't know why some like to turn sideways when I post here  :scratch:

Mike
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2017, 05:05 am by mlundy57 »

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #277 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:02 pm »
The pictures are right side up on my computer. I don't know why some like to turn sideways when I post here  :scratch:

Mike

Whatever software you're using to view them at home is probably smart enough to read the rotation meta-info in the jpg and auto-rotate it.  If you edit and re-save the pics in the correct orientation before you post them that MAY fix the problem.

Roscoe

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #278 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:14 pm »
I dont know how some members get it, it never happened to me.

ebag4

« Reply #279 on: 9 Jun 2017, 07:21 pm »
Those turned out great Mike, very nice!

Best,
Ed