The Next GAS Get Together

Scott F.

« on: 9 May 2004, 12:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

Well, I've gotten a few PM's asking when the next get together is going to happen.

As far as new gear thats come in, I've gotten a pair of Jolida amps for review, the JD 1000, 100wpc EL34 and the 300b integrated. Sounds as if Bill at Response is going to be shipping down another EL34 based amp soon.

Anybody want to host it this time?

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2004, 04:05 am »
OK,

Let's try this.....

How about we do a digital source get together. I'll volunteer my Tjoeb. Sturgus, how about your CalDac and PJ (or was it Brad) how about your Jolida. Tim, you've got some cool digital stuff at the shop if I remember.

Takers? Hosters?

Hey Tim, what about Best after hours?

If not digital sources, any suggestions for something else?

pjchappy

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2004, 04:20 am »
Let me know the date and hopefully I will be visiting that weekend for an interview or will have a job.

I can bring a MENSA DI/O and a Scott Nixon TubeDac+ and a Bolder Napalm digital coax which has a Bybee.

p

Mathew_M

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2004, 08:52 pm »
I'm the one with the Jolida.

How does the Jolida 100watt tube amp sound?  I still want to hear that.

In regards to a get together I'm busy except for Sundays till about mid July.

sturgus

« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2004, 01:57 am »
Scott I can bring the CAL and a few cables. Do we have a date yet? Doing a digital comparison should be eye opener. Just let me know when and where.

Sturgus

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2004, 06:25 pm »
Sounds as if Bill at Response is going to be shipping down another EL34 based amp soon.

Hmmm........, what do you guys want to hear. I am completely sold out of EL34 units. Depending on your date, I may be able to have a Signature SE302A available to send but would need time to burn in.

I have the following available:

One MC84-A Ming-Da unit available as well as the 6P3P (6L6/KT66) MC34-B that I could send also.

Also have one pair of my personal Ultimate Usher X-718 speakers (modified version of the next size up from what you guys heard at the last session).

I wouldn't mind sending you my Usher CP-7388 speakers but the shipping alone would be outragous as they weigh in at 140 lbs each shipping weight.

MC805-AA?  Too heavy and don't want to take the chance of loosing any more of these in shipping.

Maybe Chris VenHaus wants me to send you guys his new Extreme ASL Hurricanes that I just finished? okay, scratch that idea. I'm not giving those up before I absolutely have to nor do I think Chris wants to wait any longer to get them back.

I also wanted to send over a Signature or Reference Ming-Da preamp but have sold out of the MC3 versions and don't have time to get an MC7 version together in time.

I do have one of my Special Edition Ming-Da MC88 units going to Scott when my shipment comes in. I am sure this unit will be in one of your future get togethers.

In all honesty, I am now backlogged till the end of July with custom built orders and modifications and would not have the time at the moment to build or modify any new units. If I have something in stock and ready to go, as mentioned above, it's all yours.

Let me know guys.

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2004, 01:14 am »
Guys,

When it comes to the next meeting, I've got about  three open weekends between now and August so I may have to bow out unless your get together falls on the right day.

I'm just guessing here but I'd bet a bunch of you guys are getting busy doing stuff outside too since summer is here.

Sorry

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2004, 01:25 am »
, I've got about three open weekends between now and August so I may have to bow out unless your get together falls on the right day

NO, you have to stay inside and bow to the needs of the other circle members who await feedback and pictures of your meetings! Period. :nono:

Let be fair, we'll give you one free weekend this summer. Hey, if I have to stay inside with 24 KT88's and a few 805's (these suckers run real hot) heating up my room on 80 degree days, why should you get out of it? I don't get it. :?:

Okay, just kidding, you can have 2 free weekends this summer. :wink:

But really. Enjoy your summer and families. Everyone!!