If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
John,

Will do.

Thanks,
We at ACA can also furnish the nicer bases for the LSs.
[/quote}

Hugh - please post your for-sale notices in the designated locations. Thanks......

dvenardos

Hugh, have you heard the Super-V compared to your LS-6? I have the feeling that you might like the Super-V better.
Of course, now you have your own speaker brand. ;)

sveetsnelda

Danny, will you continue to offer these kits or is this a 'clearance' sale?

2nd on this question...

Danny Richie

2nd on this question...

I keep them in stock.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Don,

I heard SuperV briefly at last RMAF but due to the large crowd in Danny's room, I was not able to thoroughly audition them.

I should be able to compare them in my own home shortly.
Hugh, have you heard the Super-V compared to your LS-6? I have the feeling that you might like the Super-V better.
Of course, now you have your own speaker brand. ;)

dvenardos

I would definitely be interested in participating in that comparison.  :green:

Don,

I heard SuperV briefly at last RMAF but due to the large crowd in Danny's room, I was not able to thoroughly audition them.

I should be able to compare them in my own home shortly.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Hugh,
Listening to the Super-V's from RMAF 2009 right now!  Have the Dodd Battery Buffer driving the setup with my DIY Wolfson battery DAC as the front end.  Music coming from a netbook, with a M2Tech HiFace USB to S/PDIF converter.  Foobar2000 running as a music player. 

Using Dave Elledge's diffusor panels behind the Super-V's, just like at RMAF.

They sound excellent here! :)

Also sending this response from the netbook at the same time.  Now this is fun!

Danny Richie

There are still some left.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
There are still some left.

some left but will be staying around.  right?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
I'll make sure to let you know Don.

Thanks,
I would definitely be interested in participating in that comparison.  :green:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
C,

Good morning.

Listening in your room is the best.

I'll have my chance soon. :)

Thanks,
Hugh,
Listening to the Super-V's from RMAF 2009 right now!  Have the Dodd Battery Buffer driving the setup with my DIY Wolfson battery DAC as the front end.  Music coming from a netbook, with a M2Tech HiFace USB to S/PDIF converter.  Foobar2000 running as a music player. 

Using Dave Elledge's diffusor panels behind the Super-V's, just like at RMAF.

They sound excellent here! :)

Also sending this response from the netbook at the same time.  Now this is fun!

Danny Richie

some left but will be staying around.  right?

I'll still be stocking the kits, but there are a limited number of cabinets available from AV123.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I'll still be stocking the kits, but there are a limited number of cabinets available from AV123.

Ahh.  Once they're gone, they're gone?

Danny Richie

Yeah, I don't think that they are going to be having any more cabinets made.

Hugh will have a few LS-9 cabinets available pretty soon though. I think that he and Sean (Skiing Ninja) are going to be builing some of them out for resale.

Bizarroterl

That's good news.  I bought a pair of the LS-6 rosewood but now I'm broke.   :(

It'll take a month or two to come up with the $$ for the kit and the A/V-1RS kit I'll be buying also.

sveetsnelda

That's good news.  I bought a pair of the LS-6 rosewood but now I'm broke.   :(

It'll take a month or two to come up with the $$ for the kit and the A/V-1RS kit I'll be buying also.
Good news indeed.  I've got the same sort of story here.  I grabbed two pairs of LS-9 cabinets for the theater, but then I stumbled on an investment I couldn't pass up (I "flip" cars on the side).  I wont be able to build these out for another month-ish.

jvgillow

Danny,

Do you also sell single replacement woofers & tweeters for the LS kits?  If so are they listed on the GR website anywhere?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Danny Richie

Do you also sell single replacement woofers & tweeters for the LS kits?  If so are they listed on the GR website anywhere?

Yes I do, and they are not. They are only used with and sold for use with the LS series kits and are not for sale separately. So if you need a replacement driver for any reason then I have you covered.

sveetsnelda

Danny,

AV123 only sent me 4 screws for each base (but I notice that there are 16 holes for the bases).  Kyle said that is "all that is necessary", but It makes me wonder why there are 12 additional threads for fasteners.  While I'm sure that 4 screws will attach the base to the speaker, do you think more would be needed to keep things from breaking if the speaker is leaned a bit?  What I'm asking is -- Did you account for 4 screws in the design, or did they?

Thanks
-Mike

Danny Richie

I didn't have anything to do with how the base was attached.

Machine screws are pretty cheep though. Pick some up at the hardware store and add a few if there are inserts in the speaker to receive them.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2010, 02:10 pm by Danny »