Led Zeppelin still rocks!!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Led Zeppelin still rocks!!
« on: 23 Nov 2016, 03:28 pm »
After watching this 15 year old play guitar to "Since I've Been Loving You" (https://facebook.com/AylaGuitar/) I decided to listen to some of my Led Zep collection (it has been awhile) and man....it still resonates with me today, as it did when I was first exposed to it as a 7 year old in 1978!!

Whether it is hard charging rock, acoustic rock, or blues rock, these guys knew what the hell they were doing and their music has more than stood the test of time.

So if you haven't gotten your Zep on lately, give them a listen.

George

dflee

Re: Led Zeppelin still rocks!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2016, 04:43 pm »
I got the last reissued (ones with the companion cd) and got a whole new level of respect for those
guys. In some cases I like the the companion version better (probably cause it is so different and raw).
Just saw the vid. The kid has definitely got some talent.

Don

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2016, 05:08 pm »
Zeppelin is like coffee, both enormously popular but still an acquired taste.

Burson

• Restricted
  • Burson Audio Staff
    • Official website
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2016, 05:25 pm »
Please if you coukd share link of their famous track

schw06

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2016, 05:29 pm »
I must admit that between the ages of 13-17 (1985-1989) I actually felt like I was cheating on Led Zeppelin if I listened to anything else. That's a little embarrassing to admit publicly but if anyone would understand it would be the people on this forum. I actually have used "Since I've Been Loving You" as one of the songs I dial in my speakers with. I listen for the articulation of John Bonham's squeeky bass drum pedal on that track...Clearly I have issues. I think the acquired taste of Led Zeppelin is like cigarettes: If you acquire the taste before the age of 18 you can't quit.
David

ebag4

« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2016, 06:28 pm »
I still listen to Zep on a regular basis.

I actually have used "Since I've Been Loving You" as one of the songs I dial in my speakers with. I listen for the articulation of John Bonham's squeeky bass drum pedal on that track...Clearly I have issues.

Haha, this is a track I use to dial in the system as well, however what I listen for is Plant's vocal at about the 5 minute mark; "All my tears they fell like rain", I am listening for Plant to be in the room with me.

Best,
Ed

brooklyn

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2016, 06:45 pm »
Led Zeppelin is my favorite classic rock band of all time. I never get tired of listening to them..

Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2016, 09:14 pm »
I am still a big fan. I saw them live 4 times back in the 1970's. The first time was their second stop on their first American tour. I remember getting shivers up my back knowing they were something special.

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2016, 11:55 pm »
Ok, so now you all got me all geeked to spin some Led. Here goes ...

ebag4

« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2016, 01:00 am »
Ok, so now you all got me all geeked to spin some Led. Here goes ...

Me too, except for the spinning part, unless of course HDDs count! :guitar: :drums:  Ramble On!!  :thumb:

Best,
Ed

PSB Guy

« Reply #10 on: 24 Nov 2016, 01:45 am »
Led Zeppelin is always my go to when I want to listen to tunes, but don't know where to start. I will always be a fan. Their debut is my favourite album of all time, I just love the sound of that one.

Cornelis

MaxCast

« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2016, 02:29 am »
Agreed, probably my #2 rock band of all time.

brooklyn

« Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2016, 06:00 am »
I was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin many moons ago at Madison Square Garden NYC..
I shot a couple of rolls of Ektachrome that night. My wife has those slides somewhere but this
picture was an enlargement I made for a friend and I took a picture of it before I gave it to him..

« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2016, 04:26 pm by brooklyn »

Stercom

« Reply #13 on: 24 Nov 2016, 11:50 am »
Yep, I crank Zeppelin a couple times a month.

johnto

« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2016, 02:13 pm »
Expect Zep BBC 5 vinyl to be delivered today, can't wait .
First concert 69 or 70 Boston Garden Zep, MC5 and Johnny Winter with Edgar on sax wow....

dB Cooper

« Reply #15 on: 28 Dec 2016, 02:30 pm »
Please if you coukd share link of their famous track
Which one?

Berto

« Reply #16 on: 28 Dec 2016, 03:59 pm »
My favorite rock band of all times. Imitated but never replicated.

I'm a lil too young for the original lineup. But saw Page and Plant in the 90s and it was a religious experience for me.

First 3 albums are complete masterpieces. Song Remains The Same > live concert at MSG is also one of my favs!

Mike B.

« Reply #17 on: 28 Dec 2016, 06:14 pm »
I am a old fart, so saw them live 4 times back in the 1970's. Saw them the first time on their first US tour. It was the second show of the tour and they were ready to rock. I knew early in their set they were something special. I saw many many bands live back then. I agree they still sound good after all these years, but It might be they are the music of my youth also?

Ex JL Rep

« Reply #18 on: 14 Feb 2017, 05:49 pm »
Amazing band. Kingdom Come sounds similar, if you are hungry for more.

Mike B.

« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:02 pm »
I just watched some of the Kingdom Come band. Lead singer sounds much like Plant. The best cover band I have seen was Heart. I saw them several times in clubs in Portland Oregon before they made it  big. They did a lot of Led Zep songs very well.