Buying movies from users on Amazon.com

bob82274

« on: 30 Jan 2003, 10:36 pm »
Has anyone bought from the users on Amazon?  There are what look to be some really good deals to be had there and I was wondering if they were worth it.  I'm all bout saving money and if this is one way to do then so be it.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2003, 10:51 pm »
I have had great luck at www.half.com

Never bought from "people" at Amazon, so no comment on that.

It's probably OK though.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2003, 11:29 pm »
I have before, with more luck than buying from Amazon! :o

It's exactly like buying off eBay though, so do a little homework before you decide to buy from someone.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2003, 02:15 am »
Are you saying you've had probs w/Amazon?  Geez, I'm bought God-knows-how-much stuff from them and I've never had any problems whatsoever.  Matter of fact, I have a half dozen CDs on order, eta about Friday-Mon.  Their selection and price is really good, and practically everything I've bought was shipped free.

I just got Brandon Lee's Rapid Fire from Amazon earlier this month; not perhaps a masterpiece, but I really love that flick.  Anyway, couldn't get it at BB.

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2003, 04:02 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Are you saying you've had probs w/Amazon?  Geez, I'm bought God-knows-how-much stuff from them and I've never had any problems whatsoever.  Matter of fact, I have a half dozen CDs on order, eta about Friday-Mon.  Their selection and price is really good, and practically everything I've bought was shipped free.

Saying I've had problems with Amazon.com would be an understatement. The've got some of the highest prices now, the worst shipping, and no customer service anymore.

But I've had no problems with Amazon.uk/fr/de. Won't hesitate to order from their overseas operations...

So I buy most of my discs online from either http://www.dvdplanet.com, or http://www.northamericandvd.com/ If I'm only getting one DVD I'll order from DVDPlanet as the shipping is cheaper. But if I'm ordering a box set or multiple DVD's I'll go with NorthAmerican DVD as they're prices are better, but the shipping is a bit higher as they're in Canada. Can also get all of the Canadian exclusive discs from N.A.DVD, which is a plus.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2003, 09:53 am »
I've never seen a lower price on most of the stuff I've bought from amazon.  They basically smoke BB, and I've always gotten free shipping, usually only taking a few days.

Again, if they've hosed you, they've hosed you.  But I've purchased 50-60 movies and CDs there and had only great service and untouchable prices.  Just odd to see someone have bad luck with them; in my experience they pretty much a paradigm of how online shopping should be.