6,000,000 USD, is that reasonnable ?

Guy 13

6,000,000 USD, is that reasonnable ?
« on: 22 Dec 2010, 12:10 pm »
Hi all Audio Circle members.
Open this link and see if there is an audio system for you in there.
http://www.theaterseatstore.com/most-expensive-home-stereos
Guy 13

Levi

Re: 6,000,000 USD, is that reasonnable ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2010, 01:44 pm »
Listening to them is one thing.  Imagine the homes that housed those systems.  :)

Ralph Glasgal's Ambiophonic setup is lifelike!   :thumb:

turkey

« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2010, 02:22 pm »
Hi all Audio Circle members.
Open this link and see if there is an audio system for you in there.
http://www.theaterseatstore.com/most-expensive-home-stereos
Guy 13

I would take any of them, provided I could sell them immediately and get something that I actually wanted. :)

nathanm

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2010, 03:08 pm »
I only see ONE system and then nine expensive pairs of speakers.  Call that a list of "home stereos"?  And the first one isn't even stereo!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2010, 03:03 pm »
I have a question for people: Do you get more enjoyment per dollar from an expensive system or a not-so expensive system?  Price range: Why not a few million to a thousand or so? I suppose you could call it a question on whether diminishing returns exist in this hobby.

Guy 13

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2010, 03:28 pm »
I have a question for people: Do you get more enjoyment per dollar from an expensive system or a not-so expensive system?  Price range: Why not a few million to a thousand or so? I suppose you could call it a question on whether diminishing returns exist in this hobby.
Hi Blair and all Audio Circle members.
Even if I had the money to buy an audio system worth several millions dollars, I would not be able to enjoy it, thinking that with all the money I have spent, I could have bought my dream car, my dream watch, my dream house and my dream trip around the world.
I think after spending 100,000 USD, after that all the extra dollars spent would not bring me more enjoyment and satisfaction from that audio system.
When you reach a certain point, you have to double your investment to get only a few percent of improvement and that is also valid for many other products.
Guy 13

Levi

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2010, 06:01 pm »
I am sure with unlimited resources, you will be thinking a little different.