Take a look at the new Niteshade Audio NS-40

bunky

Re: Take a look at the new Niteshade Audio NS-40
« Reply #80 on: 19 Nov 2010, 07:24 pm »
I sent full payment via paypal on 10/18/10 and today is 11/19/10  :wink:

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #81 on: 19 Nov 2010, 11:03 pm »
I can get it out to you Monday- forgot today was Friday.

BTW: That machine is there so you can leave messages. I'm at the shop all day and messages are relayed to me.

bunky

« Reply #82 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:10 am »
BTW: I dont talk to machines  :lol:

dangerbird

« Reply #83 on: 20 Nov 2010, 01:45 pm »
Hey WCW,, after you receive the amp and have some time with it, will you post your impressions? I just have a feeling that you are really in for a treat. :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #84 on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:50 pm »
Hi Bunky.
May I ask if you could share with all of us Audio Circle members your listening impressions of your new Niteshade Audio NS-40 and at the same time tell us about your set up, gears and room.
I am looking at a near future to acquire the same, but the integrated model.
Thanks.
Guy 13

bunky

« Reply #85 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:27 pm »
Hey WCW,, after you receive the amp and have some time with it, will you post your impressions? I just have a feeling that you are really in for a treat. :thumb:
Hey George/dangerbird, I have a very good feeling about the NS-40 and i really like 6L6/5881 power tubes. in fact i prefer them to the EL34. i also like tube amps in the 40 to 50 wpc range, i am using Silverline Audio Sonatina 2's rated at 93 db and 40+ wpc will be more than enough to drive them beyond comfortable listening levels in my 28'x14' x8' listening room.I have a pair of VTL MB-100 monos and i would like Blair to redo the bias system and convert them from EL34 to 6L6/5881/KT66 and repopulate the boards with newer higher quality components and do the DC filament thing and what not   :whip:

bunky

« Reply #86 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:48 pm »
Hi Bunky.
May I ask if you could share with all of us Audio Circle members your listening impressions of your new Niteshade Audio NS-40 and at the same time tell us about your set up, gears and room.
I am looking at a near future to acquire the same, but the integrated model.
Thanks.
Guy 13
Hey Guy, I will post my initial impressions after burning in the tubes and later after tube rolling and experimenting with cables etc... i will give a farly detailed description of the NS-40 in my system including the components that i use in my two channel rig....WCW III

bunky

« Reply #87 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:41 am »
The NS-40 is here now burning in. it really is beautiful in person and the paint job is flawless  8)

dangerbird

« Reply #88 on: 30 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm »
Hey George/dangerbird, I have a very good feeling about the NS-40 and i really like 6L6/5881 power tubes. in fact i prefer them to the EL34. i also like tube amps in the 40 to 50 wpc range, i am using Silverline Audio Sonatina 2's rated at 93 db and 40+ wpc will be more than enough to drive them beyond comfortable listening levels in my 28'x14' x8' listening room.I have a pair of VTL MB-100 monos and i would like Blair to redo the bias system and convert them from EL34 to 6L6/5881/KT66 and repopulate the boards with newer higher quality components and do the DC filament thing and what not   :whip:

Good news WCW,, Blair has one of my VTL compact monos,, with the good one in transit,,hoping that he can "re-do" them,,they were modded to use 6L6's,,hopfully he can work his magic with them.Congrats on your new aquisition.

bunky

« Reply #89 on: 2 Dec 2010, 01:12 am »
OK.i have had the NS-40 since monday. when i first hooked it up it sounded pretty nice and being a new amplifier that kind of suprised me. this is the third night that i have had it in my rig and now with over 50 hrs on the power tubes i am very impressed with this amplifier. it is very easy to adjust the bias and the feedback on the fly while listening and these features do work great.i am pretty picky and i have had a few very good amplifiers in my rig only to take them out of the system after a few days or so because they just dont convey the music in a way that moves me. this is not the case with the NS-40  :thumb: i will post a review of sorts on the weekend if i get a chance....WCW III

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #90 on: 3 Dec 2010, 01:42 pm »
Thank you for your initial impressions! The tour unit is going to be quite a showoff with new style wood trim and an excellent finish.

bunky

« Reply #91 on: 9 Dec 2010, 01:31 am »
i have used the 5881's to very good effect and i have burned in and auditioned a matched quad of SED 6L6GC that work pretty awesome in the NS-40 circuit. are KT-66's compatable in a NS-40 circuit with the DC filament option ? because if so i want to pick up a quad to audition if that is the case. i have only used the supplied NOS RCA 6SN7's in the NS40 so far but i am going to try my NOS Tungsols,Create Audio 6SN7's and i have a pair of Black Treasure CV181Z 6SN7's due here shortly to check out. i want to explore multiple firebottle combinations before i sit down and write any type of detailed review. i just retubed my Canary Audio CD200 source with NOS RCA 6922's labled made in Germany which are actually pretty rare relabled Siemens silver shield E88CC / 6922 goldpin tubes  :drool: i am really having alot of fun with my NS-40  8)

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #92 on: 9 Dec 2010, 01:42 am »
The DC filament mod will allow KT66's, KT88's and 6550's to be used. El34's can be used too after the upgrade.

Glad you're having so much fun with it! Wish I had the time to build myself one.

However- I did pick up a pair of AT & T 6L6 mono blocks that use a Western Electric circuit, complete with oil filled power supply capacitors.  :drool: