Beacon Two 6SN7 Tube Stereo Preamp Audition. Try our best preamp!

JakeJ

I just had an idea: A pair of 4ft LH-1 interconnects will go around with the preamp.  :D

Capital idea, Blair!

Construction will begin in 1-2 weeks.

NOTE: This will be the next gen. Beacon Two. The power transformer will be internal, DC filaments are standard now and it will have a VERY nice engraved nameplate. On top of that, she's getting tiger maple sides.

Wow!  You're really putting a serious effort in on this.  You've really got me  :drool:

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
It's all taking a bit 'O time to put together, but it's coming along. No audio design changes were made, so the most recent review still holds. Folks have been very suggestive regarding aesthetics and I am trying to comply. Gen II will have a price increase to accommodate the new cosmetic features, but it will not be a shell shocker. Our tour model will not reflect the price increase.

Other news: A Beacon Three and Four are coming out very soon. Four is going to hold several surprise features and is going to be the MOST configurable preamp on the market. You are not going to believe what the ordered unit is capable of...it's a surprise until photos are available. As you can see, there are allot of irons in the fire.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
3 and 4 still to come???

That's just crazy!  :thumb:

It's all taking a bit 'O time to put together, but it's coming along. No audio design changes were made, so the most recent review still holds. Folks have been very suggestive regarding aesthetics and I am trying to comply. Gen II will have a price increase to accommodate the new cosmetic features, but it will not be a shell shocker. Our tour model will not reflect the price increase.

Other news: A Beacon Three and Four are coming out very soon. Four is going to hold several surprise features and is going to be the MOST configurable preamp on the market. You are not going to believe what the ordered unit is capable of...it's a surprise until photos are available. As you can see, there are allot of irons in the fire.

Gopher

I'm a modified Minimax user and fellow New Yorker and would love to give your preamplifier a whirl in this  tour, but would prefer for my turn not to come for about three weeks. 

Are there additional spots available for this tour?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Hi,

Yes- there are a few spots open. I'll let everybody know when the tour starts and try to accommodate everybody's schedules.

dangerbird

I am really excited about this audition,,if scheduling works out in my favor,,a group audition and reviews will be forthcoming,With at least one well known audio designer and engineer in the group..This is gonna be fun.  :eyebrows:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
The Beacon Three will be photographed this week.  :D

It's retro, but still nifty. She's being paired with an early LE-100A.

3 and 4 still to come???

That's just crazy!  :thumb:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
The Beacon Two tour starts next week!  :D

She's a beauty too. I'll have photos up this weekend.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
I have a list of people for the tour and will contact you for address. This way shipping can be orchestrated to reduce transit time and costs.

Note: I am going to send a set of cables around as well.

Thanks for waiting! The Beacon Two being sent is the latest design in appearance and circuitry. It's a substantial unit regarding weight, size and performance. Power and input switches have been upgraded too.

dangerbird

I'm getting pumped over this one--we'll have about 20 or so folks listening to this over the course of a week.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Thanks to those who have gotten back to me so far with your address! A few have not yet and if you would like to be on the tour, let me know.

I have to make a set of cables yet. If the materials are late getting here, I can always send them after the preamp.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  How it is going, will I receive the preamp soon. thanks.

charles

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Hi Charles,

Jake still has it. It's taken a little longer due to some configuration changes that were necessary, but I believe he is fine now. Will let you know when it's ready to ship.

(This is the old thread. Everybody- please use the other one with the most current review posts.)