BOLDER Modded Squeeze Box Owners Audition List

Wayne1

BOLDER Modded Squeeze Box Owners Audition List
« on: 6 Mar 2007, 04:00 pm »
I have received a few requests from people who wish to audition a BOLDER modded SB.

The BOLDER Cable Company performs a service, modding owners SB. We do not sell the modded SB.

Perhaps there are some owners of modded SBs out there who would be willing to allow potential SB owners to audition the unit in their systems.

If you are willing to invite others into your home to listen to your modded SB, please post your information in this sticky.

Please include:

* Where you live.

* The product you own ( SB2, SB3, analog mod with Gold Bybees, digital mod, modded Elpac PS, etc)

* Associated gear and setup.

* The best way to reach you.

Please do not post your address or phone number.

Thank you all very much,

Wayne

CornellAlum

Re: BOLDER Modded Squeeze Box Owners Audition List
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2007, 04:15 pm »
* Where you live. - Iowa City, Iowa

* The product you own ( SB2, SB3, analog mod with Gold Bybees, digital mod, modded Elpac PS, etc)

Digital modded SB2 with over-the-top DIY power supply.

* Associated gear and setup.

vmps 626r's (all the options, modded crossovers), Bolder Panasonic XR-45, bybees, nitro wire all over, vmps larger, etc, etc.

* The best way to reach you.

e-mail, daryanlenz@gmail.com

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2007, 04:50 pm »
* Where you live:     Mississauga, Ontario. CANADA

* The product you own :  SB 3 ( currently, full Bolder analog mods, no Bybees, modded Elpac PS )

* Associated gear and setup: GR Research OB 5 and RAW Acoustics HT 8 speakers, ATI 1202 power amp, Electra Cable IC's and Bolder Cable IC's, PC's (with Bybees), SC's.

* The best way to reach you:  customconcepts@sympatico.ca

Cheers

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2007, 05:25 pm »
Where I live:  Oxford, CT

Product:  analog and digital modded SB2, but not with bybees; upgraded power supply

Associated gear:  Proceed preamp (analog), Ack Dack DAC (digital), Jeff Rowland amplifier, VMPS RM40s, all Bolder Cable ICs and speaker wire. 

Best way to reach me:  Personal message

tanchiro58

« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2007, 06:53 pm »
Where you live:  Fountain Valley, California

Product you own: SB3 stock with modded PS-one, Bolder modded Elpac and Bolder Basic Rev1 PS.

Associated gear:  SEA 8608 Reference tube preamp and TVC dual mono preamp, modded MHDT Renaissance II DAC, SEA parallel 2A3 SET amplifier, Custom built JBL Horn speakers with Hsu Research VTF2 MKII, SEA speaker cables and AZ Matrix Ref II ICs and HT Digital link.

Best way to reach me: nguyenchiro@yahoo.com

Regards,
Tan

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2007, 07:15 pm »
* Where you live - Just outside of St Louis, Mo.

* The product you own - analog and digital modded SB3 plus a stock SB3, after market unmodified power supply

* Associated gear and setup - See my Gallery listed below

* The best way to reach you - PM me.

Also, nearly everybody in the GAS (Gateway Audio Society) has a SB. We cover both sides of the river so somebody is likely your neighbor. just drop into the GAS Circle and make a post, I'm sure you'll get two or three invites plus an invite to join GAS  :wink:

tdangelo

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2007, 07:22 pm »
Where you live: St. Augustine, FL

Product:  SB2 with full mods - Bolder Cables Ultimate II w/4 copper Bybee - Summit DC cable

Associated gear: SB2(I2 digital) --> GW Labs DSP(Purist Audio Proteus) --> MHDT Labs Paradaisea DAC(Purenote Paragon enhanced) --> Usher P307 Pre - (Purenote Paragon enhanced) --> Supratek Burgundy mono amps -->  Raw Acoustics Apex II(Harmonic Tech Pro9+ biwire) - everything plugged into a Running Springs Jaco conditioner w/Mongoose PC - Blacksand, Lat International and Sonoran Plateau power cables - lots of room treatment including 8th Nerve Adept V3, Gik Acoustics and Silent Source

best way to reach me:  PM

« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2007, 10:42 pm by tdangelo »

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2007, 08:30 pm »
* Where you live - Vienna, Virginia.

* The product you own:
     SB2 with full mod and 2 silver Bybees on analog out
     SB2 with digital mod and 1 gold Bybee on digital out
     latest Bolder UPS
     HP industrial power supply

* Associated gear and setup - See my system listed below.  Actually I have a few more stuff since the sytem  update was frozen:  Response Audio SP/AV1 with Von Gaylord Starlet and Omega Superhemps with Wavelength Duettos.

* The best way to reach you - PM me.

DeadFish

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2007, 08:47 pm »
* Where you live: Collinsville, Illinois (the OTHER side of St. Louis!)

* The product you own : SB3 with full mod current to October/2006 version.  Upgraded early Bolder power supply, Bolder modded Elpac and original SB power supply to compare.  No bybees inside, but bybees in Bolder Nitro interconnect for analog.

* Associated gear and setup: Phew. Currently, Altec Lansing Bolero speakers, 300B, el84 tube and modded Teac digital amps in rotation

* The best way to reach you:  Yah, a p/m will catch me fastest.

chadh

« Reply #9 on: 6 Mar 2007, 08:55 pm »
* Where you live:  Ann Arbor, MI

* The product you own ( SB2, SB3, analog mod with Gold Bybees, digital mod, modded Elpac PS, etc):  SB2 with analog mods, no bybees, Gen 2 and platinum bypass caps, original basic Bolder power supply

* Associated gear and setup:  Space-tech-lab QA001 6sn7-based linestage, Channel Islands VMB1 monoblocks, Omega Super 3 XRS speakers, Bolder m-80 interconnects and speaker cables.  I also have a stock SB2, and I may or may not be using the Inguz room correction plug-in for the SB2.

* The best way to reach you: PM is probably safest.

Chad

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 6 Mar 2007, 09:34 pm »
* Where you live: Fort Wayne IN

* The product you own ( SB2, SB3, analog mod with Gold Bybees, digital mod, modded Elpac PS, etc):
SB2 full analog mods, full digital mods, gold bybees on analog, silver on digital, Ultimate MK II power supply, Bolder Summit DC cable

* Associated gear and setup:
Sonic Euphoria PLC pre, BEL 1001 MK II monoblocks, Odyssey Statos Extreme SE monoblocks, Merlin VSM-MX's, RSA Haley, Black Sand Silver Ref MK V's on all AC, Gregg Straley Reality Cables IC's and speaker cables.

* The best way to reach you.  PM here or email through AC

Tom
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2007, 09:41 pm by TomS »

mgalusha

« Reply #11 on: 6 Mar 2007, 11:17 pm »
Where you live: Parker Colorado - On the prairie

The product you own: SB2 with full analog mods, gold Bybees. PS is DIY but essentially identical to Ultimate II with summit DC cable. 4 copper Bybee's in PS.

Associated gear and setup: SB feeds Marchand XM-44 electronic crossover, mids/highs feed R.E. Designs LNPA 150 amps, bass feeds Rotel 1080. XO is at 275Hz from bass to mids. Mid runs from 275Hz to 4kHz. Speakers are Meadowlark Blue Heron 2 with LF XO removed for active crossover. Room is well treated with GIK Acoustics products. Rig is powered by BPT 2.5 Ultra.

Best way to reach me: PM via AC.

mcgsxr

« Reply #12 on: 7 Mar 2007, 12:47 am »
Where you live - Burlington, Ontario, Canada

The product you own - SB3 with FULL mods (both Analog and Digital as of March 2006) with a Rev 1 with Jensen caps power supply (above the original Basic, and Rev 1, but below any of the Ultimates).  DC Nitro cable, AC Nitro cable, IC Nitro 0.5m, or IC M-80 1m available. 

Associated gear - 50+ year old single ended EL84 Magnavox tube amp, DIY Visaton b200 open baffle speakers.

Best way to reach me - PM via AC here!
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2008, 01:42 pm by mcgsxr »

sabes

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2007, 06:02 pm »
Where: West Hartford, CT

What: Squeezebox 2 with full analog mods incl. silver bybee; ultimate mkII power supply (Jensen caps, 4), copper Bybee purifiers, all silver wiring), Summit (solid core silver) DC cables (also have 4 other sb2's and 3 power supplies in various stages of modding installed in other systems in the house)

What else: Red Wine Audio Signature 70 monoblocks, Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature Monitors, Singlepower MPX3 modded like crazy into a full-featured preamp, Black Sands Silver Reference Mk V on the sb2 ps, grover huffman ic's and speaker cable, nordost pulsar points under each piece, all running through Balanced Power Technologies BP-2.

How: pm here is best.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2007, 09:46 pm by sabes »

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #14 on: 29 Mar 2007, 08:54 pm »
* Where you live - Holliston, MA (about 25 miles outside Boston)

* The product you own - Squeezebox 2 with full analog mods incl. gold bybees; ultimate mkII power supply, Summit (solid core silver) DC cable.

* Associated gear and setup - Vandersteen 5A's, Moscode 401HR w/ NOS tubes, Running Springs Audio Haley, Black Sand Silver Reference MK IV and V power cords, Gregg Straley speakers cables, VH Audio Spectrum Cu ic's, Adona and Sistrum Platforms, Boston Audio Design Tune Block SE's, Realtraps room treatments (6 Tri-Corner Traps, 2 Modo Traps, 8 Mini Traps, 3 Diffusor panels)

* The best way to reach you - PM

In the near future I hope to add Wayne's Burson buffer as well.

George

pardales

« Reply #15 on: 9 Nov 2007, 11:50 pm »
Anyone not currently using their fully modded SB3? I really want to try one out (both the analog direct into my amp and as a wirelss GO between my computer and DAC).

I have lots of references and would gladly pay all shipping (I live in SE Michigan). Just thought I'd ask, you can PM me....Best,

BTW: Nice set-up, George