What's in your stands?

cyounkman

Coupling to stands
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jul 2003, 05:33 pm »
I'd also be interested to hear if anyone's experimented with hard footers / soft footers / sheets of this or that.
Ocassionally one will hear about someone putting mini-monitors  on Nordost Pulsar Points or some such--I guess you might get a more 'rigid' coupling to the stand...
Symnposium also markets some of their isolation platforms (not the rollerblocks [!]) as an under-speaker solution: the 'Svelte' shelf, as well as others. Anyone tried it?

mcrespo71

What's in your stands?
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2003, 06:49 am »
Ok, with all the different ideas for decoupling/coupling my Reference 3a's to my stands, here is what I found after trying 3 different ways.  Vibrapods produce the most romantic sound with a great midrange and boomier bass, blu tak is more neutral sounding than vibrapods, but at the expense of the reach out and touch it midrange, and- surprise, surprise- Black Diamond Racing Cones with the points upward toward the speakers were the hands down favorite to my ears and an audiophile friend of mine.  I used 2 #3's and 2 #4's under each speaker.  The result was clearly more articulate, with much more tuneful bass than vibrapods or blu tak and more refined highs.  The midrange, while not quite as palpable as vibrapods, had more detail.  I guess coupling works out better in my situation, but who knows how it will work in your room.

saluto1121

What's in your stands?
« Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2005, 09:49 am »
mcrespo71 I definitely agree with your words.